• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2011 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)

vicissitudes said:
I think that's what you meant.

Even Dark Souls has had better legs than most other games. It's in its 3rd week in the top 10 if I'm not mistaken. If it can survive a 4th week, then it'll have some the best legs this gen for an RPG.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Even Dark Souls has had better legs than most other games. It's in its 3rd week in the top 10 if I'm not mistaken. If it can survive a 4th week, then it'll have some the best legs this gen for an RPG.
No. It's selling very low compared to what it did initially (15K vs 280K), almost 5% of its first week, it is not called a leg. It's in the top 10, because it's been really slow the whole week.

Boney

Banned
Fernando Rocker said:
But... but... but... according to gaming journalists and NeoGAF, the 3DS and Nintendo were doomed!

I'm going to post this every time the 3DS is at the top of the charts.
so probably not this thursday at npd?

BurntPork

Banned
Fernando Rocker said:
But... but... but... according to gaming journalists and NeoGAF, the 3DS and Nintendo were doomed!

I'm going to post this every time the 3DS is at the top of the charts.
It is. It dropped 5k and it'll keep dropping. In 11 weeks it'll be at negative 2,000.

Boney said:
so probably not this thursday at npd?
Saying it about second place should still be alright.

Olaeh

lunchwithyuzo said:
Nice legs for DQ Collection, I bet it can make 500k by the end of the holidays. Nintendo should release the Blue Wii in Japan as a tie in for the Anniversary.

That's what I was thinking. I guess it's not too late, they might bundle it for the holidays to squeeze out the last drop... But I'm doubtful. I'm almost certain there will be a hardware bundle w/ DQX and it would be nice if it were the slime blue colored Wii.

Olaeh said:
That's what I was thinking. I guess it's not too late, they might bundle it for the holidays to squeeze out the last drop... But I'm doubtful. I'm almost certain there will be a hardware bundle w/ DQX and it would be nice if it were the slime blue colored Wii.

They could even add some eyes to the Blue Wii so it looks like a Slime.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who remembers when the 3DS was "dead?"

The 3ds did get a huge price cut in japan right, which is already starting to deplete in effectiveness...
So, people are celebrating this early for the 3ds coming back why? I mean, of course the holidays and the big games coming out accordingly will bring the system back to life, but the question, which nobody has an answer for because nobody knows, is how long will that uptick last and can nintendo keep up if the tick doesn't have the impact it needs.

Boney

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
The 3ds did get a huge price cut in japan right, which is already starting to deplete in effectiveness...
So, people are celebrating this early for the 3ds coming back why? I mean, of course the holidays and the big games coming out accordingly will bring the system back to life, but the question, which nobody has an answer for because nobody knows, is how long will that uptick last and can nintendo keep up if the tick doesn't have the impact it needs.
Nintendo 3DS

Febuary 2011- Q2 2012

it becomes a zombie when MH4 comes out

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mr. B Natural said:

...Are you...are you serious?
You know October is the slowest month hardware wise in Japan, and that 3DS sales are just A LOT, since it is over 50k without new games?

BurntPork

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
not sure if serious

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Boney said:
Nintendo 3DS

Febuary 2011- Q2 2012

it becomes a zombie when MH4 comes out

Nintendo and 3rd Partys are puttin their biggest games on 3ds this just to abandon it after this holiday season. No new software releases and announcements after Q2/12 - u heard it here first.

Mr. B Natural said:

What?

Do you realize that the 3DS has been at the top every single week since Nintendo's conference, right?

Boney

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Nintendo and 3rd Partys are puttin their biggest games on 3ds this just to abandon it after this holiday season. No new software releases and announcements after Q2/12 - u heard it here first.
but i said it first!

7K is all the NIS game could sell? I didnt think Yugioh would out do it.

I also have to put myself in the crowd wondering what software people are buying with their 3DS units though. I honestly cant see much appeal in buying the unit to play DS games.

BurntPork said:
not sure if serious
Anyone that doesn't have him in their ignore lists, deserves to read through his posts and have their nails pulled out...
but why would you just keep quoting it? :(

Probably we won't see multi-million games (MK, MH, SM, etc), but these big guns have very strong legs anyway, so it won't matter that much. A lot of other games can be released then though.

donny2112

Kazerei said:
So ... what is that "Guam Idol" game? I've seen it mentioned in past threads in the Comgnet charts.

Something to do with the j-pop group AKB1/48. Maybe a sim where you go with them on tour or something?

Edit:
http://andriasang.com/comwly/

Ah, it's a dating sim with the 48 members of the AKB group where you pick 1 of them to go out with.

238qm.jpg

Edit2:
How exactly do you have a single band with 48 members?

donny2112 said:
Edit2:
How exactly do you have a single band with 48 members?
Backups, secondary backups, tertiary backups, and a farm league all rolled into one apparently.
Wikipedia said:
AKB48 holds the Guinness World Record for being the world's "largest pop group".[7][8] Currently, it consists of four teams: Team A, Team K, and Team B with 16 members each and Team 4 with 12 members, summing up to a total of 60 members as of July 24, 2011.[9] Additionally, there are a number of aspiring members, who are called "kenkyūsei" ("trainees").[4] Each team produces a new own concert show each theatrical season.

donny2112

donny2112 said:
Yearly Software sales through September each year
JPNSoftware_YTD_Sep.png

No one else has commented, so I'll comment. :p

Shocked at how quickly DS has dropped this year. It isn't like the PSP picked up the slack either. There's a huge depression in sales this year. Monthly Top 10 DS lists on Oricon are pathetic, too. It reminds me of monthly Top PS2 lists back in ~2007. Some really good sales at the top quickly diminishing to nothing at the bottom.

It is also interesting to see that PSP has had a steady climb (edit: okay, slight hiccup in 2008->2009, but 2009 still > 2007. :p) just looking at the first 9 months of the year each year. Still not "great" on an absolute level, but it's definitely consistently gotten better each year. You can also clearly see the beginning of the end for Wii after 2008. Lack of support is a killer.

donny2112 said:
No one else has commented, so I'll comment. :p

Shocked at how quickly DS has dropped this year. It isn't like the PSP picked up the slack either. There's a huge depression in sales this year. Monthly Top 10 DS lists on Oricon are pathetic, too. It reminds me of monthly Top PS2 lists back in ~2007. Some really good sales at the top quickly diminishing to nothing at the bottom.

It is also interesting to see that PSP has had a steady climb just looking at the first 9 months of the year each year. Still not "great" on an absolute level, but it's definitely consistently gotten better each year. You can also clearly see the beginning of the end for Wii after 2008. Lack of support is a killer.
Nintendo artificially pulled the plug out of DS, which now I think it was a good thing, better than seeing DS-3DS multiplats...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm... PSP sales upticked. What came out in Japan this week for that major selling?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No suprise, but famitsu asked retailers which plattform would dominate the holiday season.

Result.

3DS (63 votes)
PS Vita (31 votes)
PS3 (14 votes)
PSP (5 votes)

gamefront.de

noobie

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
No suprise, but famitsu asked retailers which plattform would dominate the holiday season.

Result.

3DS (63 votes)
PS Vita (31 votes)
PS3 (14 votes)
PSP (5 votes)

gamefront.de
why anyone would vote for PS3 or PSP?? i dont see any of them having any strong software releasing this holiday

Beth Cyra

noobie said:
why anyone would vote for PS3 or PSP?? i dont see any of them having any strong software releasing this holiday
Ps3 does have some strong titles launching during the holiday including what will more then likely be the second million HD selling game.

Jaruru

Cygnus X-1 said:
They just want to be ready for Super Mario Land 3D, Monster Hunter 3G and Mario kart 7.

definitely. as no 3DS-lite coming out this year. gamers are getting ready for those must have titles.

when are we getting MH3G in the west... ... ...

noobie said:
Strange is that no one (seemingly) voted for Wii. I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell more than everything but 3DS.

noobie said:

Huh?

PS3 has Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gundam Extreme Versus, Ni no Kuni, Musou Orochi 2, etc.

distantmantra said:
Huh?

PS3 has Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gundam Extreme Versus, Ni no Kuni, Musou Orochi 2, etc.
FF XIII-2 within a very good scope won't sell to anyone that doesn't own the first game already. The other titles are not in the same ballpark at all.

wsippel

Banned
distantmantra said:
Huh?

That's all well and good, but the question was "which platform would dominate". And PS3 certainly won't dominate this holiday season.

walking fiend said:
Strange is that no one (seemingly) voted for Wii. I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell more than everything but 3DS.

I don't see the Wii selling all that much. It'll have some nice support from Zelda and Kirby, but beyond that it should be pretty limited in software that can push hardware. The Wii should do well within the software charts though with Rhythm Tengoku, Taiko 3, Just Dance, Mario and Sonic, and Poke Park 2 along with Zelda and Kirby as mentioned.

Beth Cyra

wsippel said:
That's all well and good, but the question was "which platform would dominate". And PS3 certainly won't dominate this holiday season.
No is claiming it will. However the post said that it didn't have a strong line up which is completely false.

walking fiend said:

I can't remember, when is Monster hunter X due out?
edit: obviously it was a typo, I meant Dragon hunter or Monster quest something....oh, I mean Dragon quest X lmao!

Gianni Merryman said:
I'm actuall expect Ni no Kuni to do well, it looks awesome and it's going to sell well.
I am not sure really at all, DS has sold almost 5 times more than PS3, and it has a better demographic for these type of games, that's why it sold so good on DS.

I don't see the Wii selling all that much. It'll have some nice support from Zelda and Kirby, but beyond that it should be pretty limited in software that can push hardware. The Wii should do well within the software charts though with Rhythm Tengoku, Taiko 3, Just Dance, Mario and Sonic, and Poke Park 2 along with Zelda and Kirby as mentioned.
It'll get bundles, presumably 5 of them (by Chris' info), which one seems to be announced (The double wiimote one). It won't necessarily need new game releases to push it beyond PS3 or PSP (Though, I forgot Vita is launching, it will probably sell better as well)

I can't remember, when is Monster hunter X due out?
DQX, you mean? 2012, not this year! And it is too soon to say if DQX will do large numbers.

fernoca

Monster Hunter X instead Dragon Quest X is big typo. :p

But guys!!.. maybe the 3DS will go down considerably next week!! You'll see!!

test_account

XP-39C²
walking fiend said:
I am not sure really at all, DS has sold almost 5 times more than PS3, and it has a better demographic for these type of games, that's why it sold so good on DS.
Isnt Ni No Kuni more of a standard JRPG? I belive it is, so personally i dont see why i cant sell well on the PS3. I wont be surprised if the PS3 version will sell on par with the DS version, if the PS3 version is a good game that is. The DS version didnt preform that well by the way. It definitely sold a respectable number, but it got a pricedrop quite fast. I think that the expectations were higher at least.

test_account

XP-39C²
BishopLamont said:
I'd be surprised if Ni No Kuni PS3 didn't outsell the DS version at the very least. It was around 350k IIRC?
It actually made it to 550k :) But i think one reason for this was due to the pricedrops. That didnt hurt the sales at least. I also remember that one store was giving it away (i think, or selling it really cheap at least) if you bought 5 used DS games hehe.

Top Bottom