• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2014 (Oct 06 - Oct 12)

Anth0ny

Xbone triple digits.

Sad to see that's the only boost PS4 got out of FIFA.

Great numbers for Monster Hunter and Smash :)

BadWolf

PS4 sales almost double those of WiiU, yay.

Jokes aside though, looks like there is a big chance for decent sales once the games start rolling in next year.

Woha, unexpected hold for the normal 3DS. with that, this week numbers for the 3DS is really good, imho.
White bump for PS4, Wii U suffers (even if sells double than last year: was this the week before the new Wii U family bunldes in 2013?), Vita is lower than expected. Xbone lol, they could have avoided this market at all.
Very good ompening for MH4G (lower than Famitsu because of the bundles and DD cards not counted?), let's see the race between MH4G, Smash, YW2 waiting for Pokemon ORAS and YW 2.5!

Wii U bundles came on week 44, so there's still some time left before last year's numbers stop looking like garbage

So... only 26k/ week in order to reach 3m before the end of the year.

Roughly 35k/week in order to reach 3m before YW2.5 comes out.

Anyway... really good FW for the N3DS. Same for MH4G. Everything else is in 'meh' to 'ugh' territory : /

About the Vita, isn't there a new colour coming soon?

What is this YW2.5 everyone keeps talking about? This is my first time hearing of it...

zeromcd73

Time for nVita.
Otome will save Vita next month (and Phantasy Star Nova).

51HI8R8Ml4L.jpg

No point when it's already ahead of the competition hardware-wise. They need a revision with, um, all the franchises that Nintendo has locked down. Doesn't seem all that likely!

Yeah.

I dunno if that will help either though. Its almost like they only have space for one winner in the region.

Has here ever been a competitive balance in sales terms?

Now im curious. Like when SEGA/SONY/Nintendo we battling it out was there clear dominance?

Ty4on

Price drop, probably. How much is OG 3DS/XL in Japan right now?
That could make some sense.
Not only the new 3DS models sold out, but the old 3DS are cheaper and they were also available the whole week, while the new 3DS was only on sale Saturday and Sunday.
Yeah, but for nearly every other product demand falls through the floor when a new model is introduced...
Here they dipped a bit before going back up...
Probably thought they bought a new 3ds when buying a new 3ds.
Haha, this may be the most likely reason :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wii U bundles came on week 44, so there's still some time left before last year's numbers stop looking like garbage

thank you. I wonder if they are hiding new bundles to avoid even more contraction. without new bundles to me it's impossible for Toad (november) and Smash (december) to push the YtD higher than last year's one.

Xbone below 1,000 already, oh dear

Maybe PSTV will outsell it soon

I feel a bit sad for the 3 digit number of xbone. Never saw a major home console perform that bad so shortly after launch.

Calm down guys. The Xbox One just came out so the library of games is still small. Typical post-launch drought. It'll pick up a bit during the holidays.

Remember the Wii U was selling pretty badly in its first year too until Pikmin 3 gave it a sales boost.

random25

I expected Smash and Yokai to do better than last week thanks to n3DS but they just had a normal decline. Hmmmm.

With MonHun in competition, you gotta wait for it to settle down before getting some boost from the other 3DS software. Though they are already selling pretty well even at a decline.

On a related note, With a new YW2 version at the end of the year and Smash n3DSXL bundle (?) in November, they might give respective franchises some sales bumps.

Calm down guys. The Xbox One just came out so the library of games is still small. Typical post-launch drought. It'll pick up a bit during the holidays.

Remember the Wii U was selling pretty badly in its first year too until Pikmin 3 gave it a sales boost.

Lol nice

No point when it's already ahead of the competition hardware-wise. They need a revision with, um, all the franchises that Nintendo has locked down. Doesn't seem all that likely!

Revision isn't only about hardware specs you know. But also form factors and such. Being ahead isn't the problem, which is cleary the reason why OG 3DS vastly outsold Vita.

Scum

Imagine if you could play Bayonetta 2 on both your 3DS and Wii U.

Funny you say this, but I fucking hope that NCL aren't daft enough to ignore WiiU games for their next platform. Having them available for both handheld(s) and console must happen, in some form or another.

Jamix012

Before its launch I really didn't expect Xbone to get into triple digits until 2015, what with the launch effect followed by some semblance of a holiday effect to keep it above 1,000. This is insane though, is 150,000 LTD on the cards for the system? Yikes.

I suspect we'll see lower drops or even slight increases in 3DS software next week when Monster Hunter is cannibalizing sales a little less.

Vita YTD number is better than previous year and I can't say the same about 3DS.

Means very little. The 3DS is selling enough to be a viable console for 3rd party developers and Nintendo to invest in. The Vita is not.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Vita YTD number is better than previous year and I can't say the same about 3DS.

Vita is the true champion, indeed.

Btw, isn't this Smash number a little bit low? Is there the chart comparison with previous episodes?

SmokyDave

Revision isn't only about hardware specs you know. But also form factors and such. Being ahead isn't the problem, which is cleary the reason why OG 3DS vastly outsold Vita.
A; the form factor hasn't changed.

B; you clearly didn't read my post past the first line.

Vita is the true champion, indeed.

Btw, isn't this Smash number a little bit low? Is there the chart comparison with previous episodes?

Its supplies the niche for sure. Almost guaranteed 100k sales on niche titles it seems.

They wont ever get the big money from mega million sellers that the 3DS has but whatever

zeromcd73

Ok, that doesn't tell me anything. And it says "2" on the box, not "2.5", so what is 2.5? A revisions? A "G" version?
Think of it as a G version. It has the content that both the separate games have into one plus some extra stuff.

It also a rare medal and will sell amazingly well.

Exile20

With MonHun in competition, you gotta wait for it to settle down before getting some boost from the other 3DS software. Though they are already selling pretty well even at a decline.

On a related note, With a new YW2 version at the end of the year and Smash n3DSXL bundle (?) in November, they might give respective franchises some sales bumps.

Wait. A new YW2, Smash n3DSXL bundle, Pokemon and final fantasy still to come out by year's end?

3ds is wrecking shit.

StormKing

I can see Nintendo launching a new console in 2015. Looks like Vita only has another year left as well. 2015 will be one of the most interesting years in gaming.

Josh7289

Damn. That Monster Hunter. Wow.

So we've got three million sellers in Japan this year? Yo-Kai Watch 2, Smash Bros., and Monster Hunter 4G.

I can see Nintendo launching a new console in 2015. Looks like Vita only has another year left as well. 2015 will be one of the most interesting years in gaming.

I think that's highly unlikely given the launch schedule of the New 3DS. EDIT: They also have games like Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and the inevitable Majora's Mask remake and Pokemon X and Y direct sequels that they'll probably release next year, in my opinion.

I do think there will be a new handheld from Nintendo in 2016 however.

Think of it as a G version. It has the content that both the separate games have into one plus some extra stuff.

It also a rare medal and will sell amazingly well.
Ok, thanks!
Damn. That Monster Hunter. Wow.

So we've got three million sellers in Japan this year? Yo-Kai Watch 2, Smash Bros., and Monster Hunter 4G.

I think that's highly unlikely given the launch schedule of the New 3DS.

I do think there will be a new handheld from Nintendo in 2016 however.
Don't forget Pokemon...

Top Bottom