• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2011 (Nov 14 - Nov 20)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's kinda funny.

"Level-5 is the new Square Enix!"

Square Enix publishes Western FPS and it outsells Level-5's big budget RPG by 3-1.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
First day impressions for Wednesday releases are positive from retailers. Many games perform well. Zelda and 7th Dragon 2020 are the top sellers.

Pretty surprised at Ninokuni.

I hope they still localize this and don't cancel it or anything from these sales. Maybe it'll find a better audience in the west...(doubt it, unfortunately) *sad face*

Impressive for MW3. Square-Enix's name on it might've helped sales, but wonder if this is a indication that shooters are becoming more viable in Japan.

Alex

Maybe people have wisened up to the traps that are Level 5 games. I know I'm stupid enough to crack and get stuck with another bastion of mediocrity because of pretty footage

beril

Hmm, not that I was expecting Ni no Kuni to do "big numbers", but at least close to the DS-version numbers. :/

It seems quite natural that an RPG targeted towards a young audience would sell a great deal more on the DS than on the PS3 in general. But the relation between the two games is a bit weird as well, and I'm not quite sure what other games we can compare it too. If it had been a proper sequel I would agree that it's doing shockingly bad regardless of platform installbase and demographics and that the franchise is doomed, but if it's just a remake with extra content, which it sounds like on most people, I don't really understand why anyone expected it to sell at all.

Alrus

the DS version must've been pretty bad. i can't find any other explanation to this.

The DS version had pretty good legs though, I know it had huge price collapse, but still. Bad games don't sell that long even with the low price.

Also the game is targeted toward kids mostly, and the hefty price may have kept a lot of them from buying the game.

fps beat jrpg in japan too now? the world has gone mad.

Maybe you said it in jest but that's a pretty dumb comment.

Replicant

So since Ni no Kuni is bomba, what are the chances of me scoring that PS3 game + book set from Japan? Still unlikely unless I pre-ordered the game? :/

watershed

Banned
Too bad about Ni no Kuni I want games like that to succeed as much as possible.

When will the 3ds hardware number start going up again? Should be soon no?

icecream

Public Health Threat
01./00. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Subtitled Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.11.17} (¥7.980) - 180.372 / NEW
02./00. [NDS] One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.17} (¥5.230) - 116.062 / NEW
My work here is done.

LOCK

Sooner than I thought it would be released in Japan/ Right inbetween Mario Kart and MH3G. Great for people that want Zelda and one of those games.

BurntPork

Banned
if its below 250k any week i'd be shocked (unless there's shortages)

I'm not sure it'll do quite that good, but it's possible. That would mean at least 1.25 million sold over 5 weeks, though, and that seems to be a bit much.

However, I think 3DS will easily cross 4 million by its first "birthday," which is really shocking considering how it started off.

Top Bottom