• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2011 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

Kyon

Banned
Those are good numbers. Dont see the issue

EDIT: oh i see, ya'll are factoring shipments nvm. But still it's good numbers regardless

Alrus

So Kadinsky, guess the predictions weren't that ridiculous after all :)

Anyway it's a decent launch. There won't be anyway to tell if the platform is healthy or not before we get a few more weeks of sales.

Edit: Well maybe not that decent, it's a pretty big week for sales and the 3DS managed that in a much slower season. It would be easier to judge if we had more than rumors to go for shipment numbers.

I see Nikkei's game plan now. Make up large rumored shipment. Report good sell-through. Nintendo's stock lowers. Buy Nintendo stock. Reveal nintendo's not doomed. Profit off recently bought stock.

M-PG71C

Well...I actually expected better. :/

Famitsu does have a tendency to report lower in relation to Media Create (I believe). We'll see soon enough. What I want to see if whether or not the 3DS sells as many as Vita did in the same week. That may be a bit...bias considering Vita only had two days. But meh.

jeremy1456

Famitsu does have a tendency to report lower in relation to Media Create (I believe). We'll see soon enough. What I want to see if whether or not the 3DS sells as many as Vita did in the same week. That may be a bit...bias considering Vita only had two days. But meh.

I would wait for numbers the second week the Vita is on the market before making any sort of prediction. It will be very telling.

spwolf

they always launch on the same days of the week, so numbers are comparable...

TyRaNtM

Neo Member

No, Media Create tends to show lower numbers, compared to Famitsu.
But, sometimes the thing is opposite.

Erethian

Neither tracker is any more accurate, or liable to report lower sales figures, than the other. For DS launch Media Create said it sold more, for PSP launch Famitsu said it sold more.

M-PG71C

Ok, so the trackers may not differentiate at all. Works for me. I do agree though that what is going to be very telling is how the Vita will perform over the next couple weeks, especially in Q1.

Takao

Banned
Meh start given the large shipment speculation/rumors and time of year. Software should be fun.

I'm expecting Hot Shots, Uncharted, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Lord of Apocalypse, and Ridge Racer in that order. Realistically speaking, the only that could squeak through 100k is Hot Shots.

Wow. This is going to be one close week.

I think best case scenario would be Famitsu and MC to have different systems leading. Then we can all wait with baited breath for the Dengeki numbers (for once, lol).

I'm expecting Hot Shots, Uncharted, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Lord of Apocalypse, and Ridge Racer in that order. Realistically speaking, the only that could squeak through 100k is Hot Shots.
Pretty much agree, but Uncharted under Musou and maybe Apocalyptic. *fingers crossed*

Takao

Banned
Uncharted over Dynasty Warriors?

That's going to be a tossup for 2nd and 3rd. I think Uncharted may win due to being billed as a system show piece, compared to DW NEXT which is from a heavily milked series, but one that is still pretty popular. However, I imagine having ads with Harrison Ford also helps, haha.

Ok....first numbers. Can someone translate this?

321K Vita sold?

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201112/20007379.html

EDIT: in their respective launchs PSP sold 166K and 3DS sold 371K

Not sure if this is good for SONY but doesn't sound good at all.

These sound like good numbers to me..? It didn't fall that far below 3DS and wasn't the 3DS the highest handheld launch(could be remembering wrong)? Granted it is in the holiday season so one would expect larger numbers.

LOCK

I don't see why the 3DS won't sell at least 350k this week. The Vita did better than I expected but it seems I underestimated the holiday effect.

fernoca

What's the word on FFXIII-2? Last I read was that it wasn't doing "as hot" as some expected; any numbers..or actual info?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
These sound like good numbers to me..? It didn't fall that far below 3DS and wasn't the 3DS the highest handheld launch(could be remembering wrong)? Granted it is in the holiday season so one would expect larger numbers.

I believe NDS. It sold around 441k for 2 days (or a week, not sure).

Top Bottom