• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)

BlackJace

Ugh don't remind me about NPD. I'm pretty confident it won't be near 150k, but I'm not that confident it will breach 300k either.

Are software sales horrendous? Is that just because there is less software out? From what I see of the first party stuff, almost all of it seems to sell about as good as prior gen releases if not better.

DS Software Sales (numbers in ten thousands)

1. Q3 2005 - 501 LTD
2. Q4 2005 - 1,049 LTD

3. Q1 2006 - 1,582 LTD
4. Q2 2006 - 2,380 LTD
5. Q3 2006 - 4,640 LTD
6. Q4 2006 - 6,044 LTD

7. Q1 2007 - 7,879 LTD
8. Q2 2007 - 10,360 LTD
9. Q3 2007 - 15,423 LTD
10. Q4 2007 - 18,398 LTD

11. Q1 2008 - 21,824 LTD
12. Q2 2008 - 25,948 LTD
13. Q3 2008 - 33,087 LTD
14. Q4 2008 - 36,961 LTD

3DS Software Sales (numbers in ten thousands)

1. Q4 2011 - 943 LTD

2. Q1 2012 - 1,396 LTD
3. Q2 2012 - 1,756 LTD
4. Q3 2012 - 3,746 LTD
5. Q4 2012 - 4,542 LTD

6. Q1 2013 - 5,281 LTD
7. Q2 2013 - 6,445 LTD
8. Q3 2013 - 8,499 LTD
9. Q4 2013 - 9,503 LTD

10. Q1 2014 - 10,604 LTD
11. Q2 2014 - 12,242 LTD

Sakura

Ugh don't remind me about NPD. I'm pretty confident it won't be near 150k, but I'm not that confident it will breach 300k either.

Don't worry friend, it will be above 300k, I'm sure.

DS Software Sales (numbers in ten thousands)

Is that because there is less software being released for the 3DS though, or is it the same amount of software but they are all just selling much less on the 3DS?

forget NPD threads, is there a hidden NeoGAF rule that states "all Bayonetta 2 threads must immediately turn into shit"

When there is game A and people want game A on platform B, they make rampant speculation or wish for such to happen. When game A gets announced for platform C, years of hope and dreams are instantly crushed and they are hit with the comprehension that they will have to buy platform C to play game A. In such occasions people sometimes rage over the internet, beg for a way out (port begging) or acknowledge their disappointment and simply ignore the title. This is not something exclusive to Neogaf.

Unlike Platinum who presumably wasn't going to get much work if they didn't take on Wonderful 101 (evident by the rumored XB1 exclusive) Atlus could devote that staff elsewhere to more viable projects.
This doesn't make any sense, they are getting paid regardless of how much it sells.

Namco developed a F2P Wii Sports, I don't see why Atlus would refuse to develop SMTxFE.

No.
Can't find the pic but it was said at the last Playstation Awards
No what? I don't get what you are trying to say here.

cafemomo

forget NPD threads, is there a hidden NeoGAF rule that states "all Bayonetta 2 threads must immediately turn into shit"
People complain WiiU has no games, but when it does get games they bitch about it.

The WiiU may be a ded console, but it's a ded console withh great games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok this bump is genuinely surprising me for the Wii U. Its a much bigger bump than other holiday seasons for other systems. Hell, the only better Week 49 that the Gamecube ever had was a 52,806 in it's launch year.

I really didn't expect to see a DQX expansiony thing be a system seller given how little the original did for the Wii U, but I guess this version releasing day in date with the Wii one changes the whole equation.

I think those numbers do show honest to goodness momentum of each new bump feeding some off the old bumps, like Mario and the price drops and holidays. It's too bad that it seems like Nintendo will give that momentum plenty of time to die off before the next big release after the holidays.

Shengar

nnnnnnn

We gonna have to wait and see.

500k for a licensed generic anime game? On the Vita? Surely you're joking. I'd be surprised if it sold 200k first week.

Maybe 500k is an overstatement, but we have to put in mind what kind of demographic the anime have. If the prequisite condition is met (GGO annmounced for sping anime), but the game hardly break 300k sales, then I gladly eat crow.

People complain WiiU has no games, but when it does get games they bitch about it.

The WiiU may be a ded console, but it's a ded console withh great games.
It can't be dead yet until I get my FEU

CrisKre

Ok this bump is genuinely surprising me for the Wii U. Its a much bigger bump than other holiday seasons for other systems. Hell, the only better Week 49 that the Gamecube ever had was a 52,806 in it's launch year.

I really didn't expect to see a DQX expansiony thing be a system seller given how little the original did for the Wii U, but I guess this version releasing day in date with the Wii one changes the whole equation.

I think those numbers do show honest to goodness momentum of each new bump feeding some off the old bumps, like Mario and the price drops and holidays. It's too bad that it seems like Nintendo will give that momentum plenty of time to die off before the next big release after the holidays.
I hope Nintendo expedites the retail release of Wii sports club for January. They need it to sustain sales and interest.

cafemomo

It can't be dead yet until I get my FEU
Fire Emblem U?

Man, all i want on the WiiU is a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Hell if they redid the GC version I'd be content with that.
It's a shame Squeenix threw that subseries down the gutter.

But I'll blame it on Reggie and Iwata

Shengar

Fire Emblem U?

Man, all i want on the WiiU is a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Hell if they redid the GC version I'd be content with that.
It's a shame Squeenix threw that subseries down the gutter.

But I'll blame it on Reggie and Iwata

Yep, actual FE, not crossover title.
I need muh SRPG on that gamepad.

DQX Wii still not in stock, maybe Square Enix is trying to avoid server congestion? They did have some problems a few days ago due to high traffic.

https://twitter.com/kojibm/status/409715186493177856 (in Japanese)

Comgnet final pre-order points:

Puzzle & Dragons Z - 836pt (
i bet you are dying to know
)

Dragon Quest VII - 722pt (836,654)
Animal Crossing New Leaf - 655pt (721,786)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland - 650pt (488,508)
Tomodachi Collection New Life - 503pt (411,025)

I don't see retailers ordering 800k or 1 million copies first week though.

Shengar

I support this

Superior FE girl
anna
in HD? Sign me up

qCeNB1R.gif

HardRojo

Vita TV looking like the PSP go.
Nice Wii U bump, hopefully it holds up but I guess it's just the Dragonquest effect taking place :/

Don't worry friend, it will be above 300k, I'm sure.

Is that because there is less software being released for the 3DS though, or is it the same amount of software but they are all just selling much less on the 3DS?

Talking about the Wii U for NPD? What makes you so sure?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
PSV 30k

Wii U 50k

It's a real christmas miracle you guys!

rip in peace Vita TV

The Vita TV is still an interesting option once the PS4 launches. Now it is just weird but when the PS4 hits, it is a PS4 extender. Though I am not sure that is much of a thing in Japan. I still think it could be great for gaming parents with kids.

casiopao

Considering my post was lost in the last MC thread due to sudden Wii U rise, I am going ask over here again.

If Puzzle and Dragon succedd, do we have chance seeing more mobile franchise being develop into proper game for handheld?

And what other mobile IP which is famous here other than Bahamut(if I am not mistaken), Sega's conquest thing, and Puzzle Dora in Japan that had huge followers?(JP Gaf help me. T_T)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Since it seems like there's some population of Dragon Quest fans on the Wii U, do you think there's any kind of RPG they might be interesting in that Nintendo could get on the system? Maybe they might buy X whenever that releases?....

cafemomo

do you think there's any kind of RPG they might be that Nintendo could get on the system?

In addition to Xeno, Nintendo also has Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Mother/Earthbound (
lol it's never gonna happen
), Paper Mario (real paper mario, not the sticker nonsense), Advance Wars, Golden Sun, etc that they could put on the WiiU.

I'm personally hoping we will see a Last Story II

casiopao

In addition to Xeno, Nintendo also has Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Mother/Earthbound (
), Paper Mario (real paper mario, not the sticker nonsense), Advance Wars, Golden Sun, etc that they could put on the WiiU.

I can't remember but isn't Zangeki no Regienliev Nintendo's IP? And is Earth Seeker Ninten IP?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I don't think they've ever put Advance Wars or Golden Sun on consoles yet. Well, I guess there's Battalion Wars as the Advance Wars equivalent. I could see Paper Mario, or Last Story 2, but the latter has to have Sakaguchi on board for a Wii U title. Honestly, I felt like the Last Story was screaming to be on more powerful hardware, so even an enhanced port of that on Wii U would probably benefit the game. However, considering how the first one barely even got localized in the US (thanks XSEED!), I'm not sure how much they'd be interested in a rerelease.

L Thammy

Zangeki no Reginleiv is a straight up action game, usually compared to Earth Defense Force. Pandora's Tower is more of an adventure game but I guess you could call it an RPG. Dunno who published Earth Seeker, pretty sure it's not Nintendo, they don't have control.

Suppadoopa, Sandlot is the developer of Zangeki. Nintendo is the publisher.

Top Bottom