• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2015 (Nov 30 - Dec 06)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm starting to wonder if those shipments news were for the whole Asia, not just Japan. That could explain the discrepance.

mao2

Summon Night 6 release date is 10th March while Digimon World Next Order is 17th March
Another one in March.
. Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou Sengoku Risshiden (PS4/PS3/PSV/PC) - March 24

Also some other titles that were announced today.
. Gundam Breaker 3 (PS4/PSV)
. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (PS4/PS3/PSV)
. Bullet Girls 2 (PSV)
. Romancing SaGa 2 (PSV/iOS/And)

Another one in March.
. Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou Sengoku Risshiden (PS4/PS3/PSV/PC) - March 24

Also some other titles that were announced today.
. Gundam Breaker 3 (PS4/PSV)
. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (PS4/PS3/PSV)
. Bullet Girls 2 (PSV)
. Romancing SaGa 2 (PSV/iOS/And)

Vita support is not looking bad. It should still be going in 2016.

SalvaPot

and you checked in other arcade centers around Japan how much is it popular ?

I passed 3 times in the arcade center inside Nakano Broadway and anyone was playing, just a coincidence?

That is the point I was trying to make, only one arcade said it was not popular, so of course its silly to think the game is not a success just based on that.

Vita support is not looking bad. It should still be going in 2016.

It's the same level of support it's been getting since 2012 really - small to mid level stuff. In particular these kind of games are going to be selling to the fanbase that's already there (and in Bullet Girls' case, it's a fanbase that seems to have diminished a bit this year).

Still, support is still support and it could be much worse for the console.

Prelude.

It's the same level of support it's been getting since 2012 really - small to mid level stuff. In particular these kind of games are going to be selling to the fanbase that's already there (and in Bullet Girls' case, it's a fanbase that seems to have diminished a bit this year).

Still, support is still support and it could be much worse for the console.
SE alone is putting out 5 games for the Vita in 2016. From 2011 to 2015 they released 8 (including 4 mobile ports).

SE alone is putting out 5 games for the Vita in 2016. From 2011 to 2015 they released 8 (including 4 mobile ports).

I count 6 next year actually (that Final Fantasy Adventure game isn't out yet, right?)

But yeah, fair point. I don't think it's going to do much to change the trajectory of the console next year though, given they're all multiplat aside from SaGa.

Prelude.

I count 6 next year actually (that Final Fantasy Adventure game isn't out yet, right?)

But yeah, fair point. I don't think it's going to do much to change the trajectory of the console next year though, given they're all multiplat aside from SaGa.
Yeah, there's that too. I lost track of all the FFA/Mana ports/remakes.

Stuff like Heroes 2 won't change a thing but Builders will surely move some units.

Vena

I thought the Pokken Bundle included a controller?

I think we got the Famitsu digital estimates afterwards, and while the ratio was good it was still nowhere good enough to reach the supposed 100k.

I'm starting to wonder if those shipments news were for the whole Asia, not just Japan. That could explain the discrepance.

These "we sold X" have got to be Asia-spread. The numbers cannot be married to reality unless there's an untracked back-alley retailer selling tens of thousands of copies.

OhMyGod

Neo Member
Falcom AGM
Sen no Kiseki 3 announced
YS next year
Sen no Kiseki series sales ratio: Japan 1 Asia 0.5
30~40% income form oversea
Tokyo Xanadu break even point: 50K, and sold 150K, sequel wait for further announcement

SarusGray

Falcom AGM
YS next year
Tokyo Xanadu break even point: 50K, and sold 150K, sequel wait for further announcement

that's great that Tokyo Xanadu did that amazing. Please do share more information on Sen No Kiseki 3 that's incredible! What platform!?

sometimes games can sell well even on vita, and I'd like to point out how much was the break-even, not so much in my opinion; this means that probably sometimes we say that a certain game sold poorly but for the publisher might be good...

Fisico

sometimes games can sell well even on vita, and I'd like to point out how much was the break-even, not so much in my opinion; this means that probably sometimes we say that a certain game sold poorly but for the publisher might be good...

Nah they went after the Persona fanbase obviously, so the result is extremely dissapointing !

Falcom AGM
YS next year

Glad to see Xanadu do so well. Looks like Asia and even overseas is playing a bit part for even niche devs now.

Interesting indeed. If Xanadu were to sold 50K, you would have seen a lof of people assuming that the game was a flop and a financial disaster.

Another topic, I think it was leaked by Play Asia, but Psycho Pass : Mandatory Happiness is confirmed on PS4 & Vita.

http://psycho-pass-game.jp/jp/spec/index.html

Yup. The budget is remarkably low.

It reminds of the Prism Illya. It seems Kadokawa doesn't have good developers internally

It's Kadokawa Game Studios developing this one, who did at least get Natural Doctrine out on 3 platforms, although only with a "measly" 2 month delay (Feb -> Apr).

Wow, that's pretty impressive given how much they sell in Japan.

And that's even more impressive. Looks like they were targeting Ys sales and ended up with LoH sales nearly. I'm very pleased for them.

Interesting indeed. If Xanadu were to sold 50K, you would have seen a lof of people assuming that the game was a flop and a financial disaster.

Another topic, I think it was leaked by Play Asia, but Psycho Pass : Mandatory Happiness is confirmed on PS4 & Vita.

http://psycho-pass-game.jp/jp/spec/index.html

eh... if they only manage to sell just to break even, i would personally call it a flop but not a financial disaster tho

edit: oh 50k is expectation, not break even... hah

Fisico

Q8: Will there be a continuation of Tokyo Xanadu?
A8: The lowest possible quota for such a thing was 50,000 units sold, but three times that was sold. Please wait for a follow-up on this.

That's not exactly the same thing, the second doesn't state what was the break even point.

Xanadu is a new IP...?

Much more than Dai Gyakuten Saiban at least.

SarusGray

What were their expectations?

This is the only thing I got

http://www.esterior.net/2015/12/question-and-answers-from-the-2015-falcom-stockholders-meeting/

Will there be a continuation of Tokyo Xanadu?
A8: The lowest possible quota for such a thing was 50,000 units sold, but three times that was sold. Please wait for a follow-up on this.

Translate that as you will.

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/677000102821683200

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/677002348145868801

duckroll

This is the only thing I got

http://www.esterior.net/2015/12/question-and-answers-from-the-2015-falcom-stockholders-meeting/

Will there be a continuation of Tokyo Xanadu?

Translate that as you will.

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/677000102821683200

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/677002348145868801

Do you think Falcom's expectations were for a game to sell at the lowest baseline to just break even? Serious question.

Amending my previous comment then.

I'm glad Xanadu sold 3 x the minimum amount needed for them to consider a continuation. Seems to have done pretty well. I'm pleased for them.

Fisico

Do you think Falcom's expectations were for a game to sell at the lowest baseline to just break even? Serious question.

I asked the same thing above, but was 50k the break even point or the point where it would have been deemed enough sales to warrant a sequel ?

Maybe they're willing to make a sequel to a game that juste barely break even though, but it would be odd.

EDIT : Wow so there's a 3rd translation/interpretation (poster above, link above and now a twitter guy) of the same question lol

Top Bottom