• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

BurntPork

Banned
This wait for the numbers reminds me of when I text a girl. I just keep thinking "when is she going to reply... *check phone*, no reply yet..... when is she going to reply", over and over again. I repeated that almost all day today. Never did get the reply...

Edit - Just checked the phone - no reply.

That's... depressing.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be interesting to see how the Vita does, especially considering it had a holiday season under it's belt and the 3DS didn't during it's first month.

Yes, although it has been scientifically proven that Famitsu has the superior numbers.

And Famitsu goes back twenty-five years with their sales charts! If we had the old issues we could be looking at weekly Famicom SW sales! (I know technically biweekly til 1991). Can't do that with m-c, Dengeki, gamecharts, COMGnet etc.

pramath

Banned
Does anyone know when the markets close in Japan? Because I am assuming that is the latest by when MC will have their numbers up.

When is Japan Time!

toobadwaluigitimevu2c.jpg

cvxfreak

Famitsu just published game hardware LTD/YTD up to Dec. 25, 2011:

3DS

DS
711,204 / 32,835,502

PSP
1,960,177 / 18,237,108

Vita

Wii
937,451 / 12,167,743

PS3
1,467,261 / 7,417,148

Xbox 360
114,075 / 1,520,738

pramath

Banned
I'm guessing 40,000 for Vita, give or take 2,000.

That's 10,000 too low. You're predicting the hardware to drop like a rock. Granted, it already did so in its second week, but I am hoping the downward slope henceforth will be much gentler, and that the numbers for the second week were indicative of the Vita's general performance henceforth.
I mean, if it continues dropping at that rate, we're looking at it selling sub 360 numbers in a few weeks, and I think everyone will agree that's outright implausible.

hatchx

Banned
That's 10,000 too low. You're predicting the hardware to drop like a rock. Granted, it already did so in its second week, but I am hoping the downward slope henceforth will be much gentler, and that the numbers for the second week were indicative of the Vita's general performance henceforth.
I mean, if it continues dropping at that rate, we're looking at it selling sub 360 numbers in a few weeks, and I think everyone will agree that's outright implausible.

200k to 70k over December is a big enough drop. I'm going to say right on 50k.

Averon

What's out there for Vita to justify it selling 50,000? I don't see anything. Quite frankly, Sony should be thankful if the Vita can keep its head above 25,000 a week.

Takao

Banned
I don't know what with the shortages of the clearly superior Wi-Fi mod...ahahahahaha, I can't believe anyone buys that excuse.

But the valid reasoning of software availability and hardware costs in comparison to its nearest competition hasn't magically vanished this week.

Top Bottom