• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 7, 2013 (Feb 11 - Feb 17)

test_account

XP-39C²
March will be a interesting month indeed :)

Nice find. It also looks like they mentioned every dev-studio owned by Sony. Is that the norm? Can´t remember MS/Nintendo mentioning every single of their dev studios, just Nintendo and MS...
I dont think that is the case, otherwise companies like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games and Sony Santa Monica would be listed. All Sony related companies i see is SOE (and "Sony" themself (almost down left corner)). I'm not familiar with companies like Granzella, Dimps, Yager etc., so i cant say much about those.

My picks:

PSV Hardware
PS3/PSV One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2
PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 7
PS3 Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
PS3 Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
3DS Super Robot Taisen UX
3DS Layton Kyouju to Choubunmei A no Isan
PSV Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei
PS3 Disgaea Dimension 2
3DS Luigi Mansion 2
PSV Soul Sacrifice
WIU Game & Wario

Candidates for March Prediction:

PSV Hardware
PSP Shining Ark
PSP Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment
PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 7
3DS Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
PSP Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment <---You've got Sword Art Online on this list twice.
PSV Phantasy Star Online 2
3DS Osawari Tantei Nameko Shigeru
PS3 Disgaea Dimension 2
3DS Luigi Mansion 2
PSV Soul Sacrifice
WIU Game & Wario

Choose your favorites (suggest something I forget) until tomorrow.

I suggest these candidates.

According to game data museum

PS3 before and after the fat slim + price drop

3DS before and after the price drop

What will Vita's numbers be like? Keep in mind the vita's price drop is not nearly as big as those two and they don't have as many JP centric games as those two had when they got a price drop.

I'm gonna guess 1-2K this week and 25000 the week of the price drop. Nowhere near the spike the PS3 and 3DS got.

According to game data museum

PS3 before and after the fat slim + price drop

3DS before and after the price drop

What will Vita's numbers be like? Keep in mind the vita's price drop is not nearly as big as those two and they don't have as many JP centric games as those two had when they got a price drop.

I'm gonna guess 1-2K this week and 25000 the week of the price drop. Nowhere near the spike the PS3 and 3DS got.

I'm pretty pessimistic about Vita's overall future but I would say at least 30k. Games like Persona and Hatsune Miku caused bigger spikes than 25k, so I have to imagine a 5k-10k yen price drop could be big. Of course I don't know how many stores have been already selling Vita for as cheap so that could dull the effect.

iammeiam

Price drop is the week before Soul Sacrifice, right? So does this mean Vita might actually get to see a sustained multi-week bump? I can't think of another time recently the Vita had two weeks with sales-impacting events. I guess that depends on how big the price drop bump is; I'd expect something relatively modest for SS, so if the price drop bump is huge I'm not sure SS will be able to keep up.

saichi

I'm pretty pessimistic about Vita's overall future but I would say at least 30k. Games like Persona and Hatsune Miku caused bigger spikes than 25k, so I have to imagine a 5k-10k yen price drop could be big. Of course I don't know how many stores have been already selling Vita for as cheap so that could dull the effect.

I'm expecting something between 25K-30K

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This was one of those "let's go over what's coming out in the next few months and give some dates" Nintendo Directs. There was another like this last year, where it went through the games in chronological order and then repeated it in a calendar format at the end. The farthest out games were SMTIV on May 23 and MH4 in "Summer." There will obviously be more games past March/April than those from third-parties, so this one probably was not supposed to be a "announce a bunch of new games" Nintendo Direct.

Indeed. They just talked about some ( not all) of the third party titles coming till May ( not even June) with just Yokai Watch and MH4 as exceptions, since the three Guild 02 titles will be released in March. They just showed some of the upcoming titles giving new infos, releases and trailers. They did the same during one or two Directs in 2012.

I believe when the third party direct for Wii U comes out, everyone will shit their pants. The way third parties unanimously supported the 3DS despite sluggish sales shows me Iwata has convinced third parties to help them build a solid start for their platforms. They've proved it with the 3DS, convincing them to support the Wii U isn't gonna hard. If what I'm thinking is correct, this decision would have been made long before the Wii U even launched, just like it was with the 3DS. I don't think they'll cancel their projects for the Wii U because of lack of sales, maybe they will if their initial support bombs, but not before it.

Is this just wishful thinking?

I believe when the third party direct for Wii U comes out, everyone will shit their pants. The way third parties unanimously supported the 3DS despite sluggish sales shows me Iwata has convinced third parties to help them build a solid start for their platforms. They've proved it with the 3DS, convincing them to support the Wii U isn't gonna hard. If what I'm thinking is correct, this decision would have been made long before the Wii U even launched, just like it was with the 3DS. I don't think they'll cancel their projects for the Wii U because of lack of sales, maybe they will if their initial support bombs, but not before it.

Is this just wishful thinking?

Nothing but wishful thinking. As people have said time and time again the WiiU is no 3DS. I mean the Wii which sold very well eventually got less third party support from Japan than the ps3.

Nintendo handhelds have always dominated. Their consoles on the other hand have not. Third parties can easily get away by not supporting the WiiU as there is another viable competitor:ps3.

Nothing but wishful thinking. As people have said time and time again the WiiU is no 3DS. I mean the Wii which sold very well eventually got less third party support from Japan than the ps3.

Nintendo handhelds have always dominated. Their consoles on the other hand have not. Third parties can easily get away by not supporting the WiiU as there is another viable competitor:ps3.
So why didn't they just continue to support the PSP? Its pretty much in the exact same position as the PS3. Oh and I'm pretty sure even the PS3 ain't getting nothing either, it has pretty much been just 3DS.

Grampasso

At least wait till the we know the launch lineup. PS4 has potential to have a great first year in Japan if MGS, FF, GT can make it by holiday 2014. The biggest issue with the ps4 is probably be the price however Sony does not have to worry about third party support because it is clear the WiiU is not being adopted like the 3DS was in Japan.

Also PS4 falcom game.....lol

FF and GT in 2014? I don't think there's even the slight chance of it happening, not to mention MGS

BriBri

Game & Wario won't be included in any March figures will it? It's actually the (first-half 2013) game I'm most looking forward to.

Takao

Banned
So why didn't they just continue to support the PSP? Its pretty much in the exact same position as the PS3. Oh and I'm pretty sure even the PS3 ain't getting nothing either, it has pretty much been just 3DS.

Yes, when Wii U is getting such games like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Project Versus J, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Metal Gear Rising, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls 2, Dynasty Warriors 7 and more it's clear the PS3 is done.

wait a minute, all of those games are big third party sellers, and none are on Wii U

I can only name a single upcoming Japanese third party game for Wii U. Your posts are more than just wishful thinking. They're straight up delusion. I think it's telling that Nintendo had two separate 3DS Directs in the time span since saying they would host a Wii U one in the future.

Nice find. It also looks like they mentioned many Sony studios. Is that the norm? Can´t remember MS/Nintendo mentioning every single of their dev studios, just Nintendo and MS...

Uh, isn't the only Sony stuff SCE (duh) and SOE? Sony Online Entertainment is a weird company, so it's understandable why they would be listed separately. That division was run by Sony Pictures (the movie studio) for years, before being moved into SCE. They still make PC games, and that's what they're known for, hence the separate listing. Nintendo and Microsoft don't have a comparable arm.

Speaking of which, SCE put out a full list anyways.

Yes, when Wii U is getting such games like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Project Versus J, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Metal Gear Rising, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls 2, Dynasty Warriors 7 and more it's clear the PS3 is done.

wait a minute, all of those games are big third party sellers, and none are on Wii U

I can only name a single upcoming Japanese third party game for Wii U. Your posts are more than just wishful thinking. They're straight up delusion. I think it's telling that Nintendo had two separate 3DS Directs in the time span since saying they would host a Wii U one in the future.
A cheap cash-in, a vaporware, another cash-in and a yearly cash-in. Metal Gear which has always appeared on Sony machines. Yeah such big support.

That leaves 1 game that you can call legit support.

I was just proposing something and you start list wars. So stupid. I guess the Vita bomba is really hurting you aye.

Takao

Banned
A cheap cash-in, a vaporware, another cash-in and a yearly cash-in. Two Metal Gear games that has always appeared on Sony machines. Yeah such big support.

That leaves 1 game that you can call support.

I was just proposing something and you start list wars. So stupid.

Project Versus J was announced in like November. You're calling it vaporware in February. I don't even ...

I posted that list because you had some delusion that Nintendo was holding back third party support. I see literally no reason why they'd continue to allow the perception that the PS3 in its 7th year has more major third party content coming than Wii U, which is the case.

As for the Vita bomba comment, that platform despite being a bomba still has better Japanese third party support than Wii U which is really all that needs to be said.

PSV Hardware
PSV Soul Sacrifice
WIU Game & Wario

Those should be interesting and quite hard to get right :)

Project Versus J was announced in like November. You're calling it vaporware in February. I don't even ...

I posted that list because you had some delusion that Nintendo was holding back third party support. I see literally no reason why they'd continue to allow the perception that the PS3 in its 7th year has more major third party content coming than Wii U, which is the case.

As for the Vita bomba comment, that platform despite being a bomba still has better Japanese third party support than Wii U which is really all that needs to be said.
I didn't compare PS3s support to Wii U, I'm talking Japanese support in general, which is clearly going towards the 3DS. Yeah Vita is a year old, Wii U is how old?

You're acting like I said I'm 100% certain third parties is behind the Wii U and acting like a crazy kid. Vita bombing really is killing you inside ain't it.

Takao

Banned
I didn't compare PS3s support to Wii U, I'm talking Japanese support in general, which is clearly going towards the 3DS. Yeah Vita is a year old, Wii U is how old?

What I'm saying is that Wii U's Japanese third party support has been abysmal, and now that the platform has been out for a few months there's no reason to hide behind delusions that there's something big coming. The 3DS already had the likes of Resident Evil: Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance confirmed well before launch, with many others in development based on the idea that the 3DS would sell well because it's a Nintendo handheld. Comparatively, Wii U's "major" pre-launch Japanese third party support were a Wii and 3DS port. 3DS is not comparable to the Wii U, which is selling worse, is part of a lineage of dubious home console success and has a very similarly powered competitor (the PS3) for games to go to.

You're acting like I said I'm 100% certain third parties is behind the Wii U and acting like a crazy kid. Vita bombing really is killing you inside ain't it.

I'm posting in this thread, I know Vita is bombing. Would I like it to sell better for more games to be green light? Yes, but I'm not exactly hiding behind the delusion that because the PS3 had good third party support despite selling poorly Vita eventually will too, which is essentially what you're proposing with 3DS and Wii U. Both of those are very different situations.

FF and GT in 2014? I don't think there's even the slight chance of it happening, not to mention MGS

Square said they would have an announcement about a new FF for E3. It cannot be a totally new one as they still have Versus, LR and FF14 in development so I am guessing it will be an up port of FF Versus.

Its been three years since GT5 and Kaz told us dev time would be far less this time. By 2014 it would have been 4 years. Not to mention their recent expansion.

MGS ground zeroes/ phantom pain aka MGSV will definitely release by holiday 2014.

No there are not. As always there will certain franchises that will be available exclusively on consoles.

FF, MGS, RE, SF, Tales of, Yakuza, etc...

In fact the only genre that has been severely hurt by this handheld transition is probably JRPG's. DQ is the biggest example though that supposedly comes on the platform that sells the best or has the largest user base.

WiiU support being so piss poor is not because it just came out....its because nintendo did not do enough to attract third party devs and more recently the horrible sales.

Seriously, if the Wii which sold really well was not able to get as much third party support what makes you think the WiiU which is selling far far worse is going to?

Wishful thinking.

What I'm saying is that Wii U's Japanese third party support has been abysmal, and now that the platform has been out for a few months there's no reason to hide behind delusions that there's something big coming. The 3DS already had the likes of Resident Evil: Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance confirmed well before launch, with many others in development based on the idea that the 3DS would sell well because it's a Nintendo handheld. Comparatively, Wii U's "major" pre-launch Japanese third party support were a Wii and 3DS port. 3DS is not comparable to the Wii U, which is selling worse, is part of a lineage of dubious home console success and has a very similarly powered competitor (the PS3) for games to go to.

I'm posting in this thread, I know Vita is bombing. Would I like it to sell better for more games to be green light? Yes, but I'm not exactly hiding behind the delusion that because the PS3 had good third party support despite selling poorly Vita eventually will too, which is essentially what you're proposing with 3DS and Wii U. Both of those are very different situations.

No there are not. As always there will certain franchises that will be available exclusively on consoles.

FF, MGS, RE, SF, Tales of, Yakuza, etc...

In fact the only genre that has been severely hurt by this handheld transition is probably JRPG's. DQ is the biggest example though that supposedly comes on the platform that sells the best or has the largest user base.

WiiU support being so piss poor is not because it just came out....its because nintendo did not do enough to attract third party devs and more recently the horrible sales.

Seriously, if the Wii which sold really well was not able to get as much third party support what makes you think the WiiU which is selling far far worse is going to?

Wishful thinking.

The 3DS was given support early on because its success only requires Japan, The Wii U is a home console, part of the next gen and needs to succeed worldwide too. Right now third parties are just riding it out on the 360/PS3 until next-gen really starts once the consoles are out. The Vita is dead because the competition is already out and trouncing it. The Wii never got support because third parties were already heavily invested in HD development and Wii wasn't powerful enough to support multiplatform. Once the Wii U userbase gets bigger thanks to Nintendo's first party and by being released early, I don't think third parties will ignore it like they did with the Wii, the potential for profit by adding another SKU to multiplatform games is worth it imo. No one has really announced next-gen games, why doesn't anyone say the Durango or Orbis is getting no support? Are you guys certain they will get support? Why? Because of last-gen?...bu bu bu it doesn't work that way! Sony's PS4 announcement went by and how many third party games did we see? Yeah exactly. To write off third party support for Wii U when third parties in general haven't announced anything for anyone is ludicrous.

Look I'm not saying third parties will be behind Wii U 100% but its a likely possibility they will support it, most major third party games are multiplatform now. Hell many games are also coming back to the PC and that was a platform that was getting ignored by console developers for awhile. Oh and as bad as Wii U's third party support is, its already better than what the Wii was getting, the problem is that people are comparing it to what everyone else is getting, No one is gonna get anything and everything anymore, there's many viable platforms now and the opportunities are endless, from consoles to handhelds and smartphones to steam and other digital platforms and the PC itself.

SF, RE, FF and Tales has already appeared on the 3DS. Last gen we had DQ jump shit to handhelds, whos to say any other franchise won't? The list of franchises that have already appeared on the 3DS is staggering, there was a list posted in these threads once and I remember not many major franchises were left out.

The 3DS was given support early on because its success only requires Japan, The Wii U is a home console, part of the next gen and needs to succeed worldwide too.

Many developers do not see WiiU as next gen. If you have seen recently games have been announced to come out for high end next generation systems. I think you know what they mean.

Right now third parties are just riding it out on the 360/PS3 until next-gen really starts once the consoles are out.

Its funny. You say WiiU is next gen and then you say next gen really starts when the other consoles come out. Its clear the third party's do not see the WiiU as next gen and neither does the consumer.

The Vita is dead because the competition is already out and trouncing it. The Wii never got support because third parties were already heavily invested in HD development and Wii wasn't powerful enough to support multiplatform.

What makes you think WiiU will get ps4/720 downports. PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 while Wiiu has 1-1.5 of a lower speed RAM. Do you think third parties want to downsize their games especially when games like FF are touted for their graphics just so they can put it on WiiU and get mediocre sales?

Once the Wii U userbase gets bigger thanks to Nintendo's first party I don't think third parties will ignore it like they did with the Wii, the potential for profit by adding another SKU to multiplatform games is worth it imo.

Ummm....like I said the Wii had a far larger userbase but still was not supported. Userbase does not have the significance you seem to think it has. Also do you think porting, and publishing are free processes and take 0 amount of time and resources?

No one has really announced next-gen games, why doesn't anyone say the Durango or Orbis is getting no support? Are you guys certain they will get support? Why? Because of last-gen?...bu bu bu it doesn't work that way! Sony's PS4 announcement went by and how many third party games did we see? Yeah exactly.

You are delusional. Many next gen games have been announced:
Watch Dogs
Star Wars 1313
Destiny
Deep Down
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk

Every single one of them has been announced for PS4. 1 for WiiU. None for nextbox because it has not been unveiled yet. Third parties jump to next gen when Sony and MS do because that is where they audience is. Also if you think all third parties are going to reveal their games in they have for next gen at one time your being stupid. More will be announced at E3 like always.

Look I'm not saying third parties will be behind Wii U 100% but its a likely possibility they will support it, most major third party games are multiplatform now. Hell many games are also coming back to the PC and that was a platform that was getting ignored by console developers for awhile.

Its not a likely possibility when the WiiU cannot even get 360/ps3 games. Most games are multiplatform......to ps3/360 and PC.

SF, RE, FF and Tales has already appeared on the 3DS. Last gen we had DQ jump shit to handhelds, whos to say any other franchise won't?

Yes because those handheld versions sold better than their console counterparts.
LOL. Tell me when we see mainline FF, Tales, RE on 3DS and when it outsells the console version.

The argument for Wii U getting a ton of 3rd party support is even worse than the argument for Vita's massive catalogue of SECRET GAEMS to be revealed. It's pretty clear the direction 3rd parties are heading in terms of console games. I guess we'll have to go through the same song and dance as we go through each even with things not being announced. The argument for why a multiplatform Wii U SKU will bring in so much money is like asking why Capcom hasn't made a MH for Vita. But I'm assuming you're talking of Japanese 3rd parties here, and I think the best thing for Nintendo to do is to try and get 3DS ports on Wii U and create development tools for that.

Those games are all multiplatform with 360/PS3 and/or PC, you know I did say everything is multiplatform these days? Not to mention Watchdogs is on Wii U and possibly Destiny.

If developers really cared about graphics so much they wouldn't make console games in the first place and just put it all on the PC. Yes they will downscale to the Wii U if they have to.

When I say "when next-gen really starts" it means when all three consoles are out and third parties can get a better picture on where the market is going. It has nothing to do with "power".

When did you say anything about sales with those franchises? You said "exclusively" on consoles, which they no longer are.

The argument for Wii U getting a ton of 3rd party support is even worse than the argument for Vita's massive catalogue of SECRET GAEMS to be revealed. It's pretty clear the direction 3rd parties are heading in terms of console games. I guess we'll have to go through the same song and dance as we go through each even with things not being announced. The argument for why a multiplatform Wii U SKU will bring in so much money is like asking why Capcom hasn't made a MH for Vita. But I'm assuming you're talking of Japanese 3rd parties here, and I think the best thing for Nintendo to do is to try and get 3DS ports on Wii U and create development tools for that.

When did I ever say it'll get a ton of support? On the contrary its the people who think the Wii U will get NO support are the delusional ones.

If you bothered to read my post you'd know I was talking worldwide not just Japan. We've gone through why MH on Vita doesn't make sense. Adding a Wii U SKU does make sense because you know, multiplatform is already a thing with many games.

When did I ever say it'll get a ton of support?

I believe when the third party direct for Wii U comes out, everyone will shit their pants. The way third parties unanimously supported the 3DS despite sluggish sales shows me Iwata has convinced third parties to help them build a solid start for their platforms. They've proved it with the 3DS, convincing them to support the Wii U isn't gonna hard. If what I'm thinking is correct, this decision would have been made long before the Wii U even launched, just like it was with the 3DS.

Iwata has convinced third parties to help them build a solid start for their platforms. They've proved it with the 3DS, convincing them to support the Wii U isn't gonna hard

They obviously haven't. The only 3rd party game that's been revealed post DQX and MH is a 3DS port that will also be on PS3 and 360. We can keep comparing the 3DS to Wii U or we can actually look at the Wii U as its own situation just like trying to compare the Vita to PS3 is folly.

Yes support, not every major game they can think of exclusive to the Wii U. Jesus Christ.

Sorry for double post.

trying to imagine a situation where you can equate potential WiiU support to 3ds support and use phrases like shit pants would to me suggest

a ton of support?

Nobody at all has said anything about every major game let alone every game exclusive was for WiiU. Jesus Christ.

They obviously haven't. The only 3rd party game that's been revealed post DQX and MH is a 3DS port that will also be on PS3 and 360. We can keep comparing the 3DS to Wii U or we can actually look at the Wii U as its own situation just like trying to compare the Vita to PS3 is folly.
Oh yes I have looked at the Wii U as its own situation in a number of posts, maybe try reading them instead of picking one line apart?

trying to imagine a situation where you can equate potential WiiU support to 3ds support and use phrases like shit pants would to me suggest

Nobody at all has said anything about every major game let alone every game exclusive was for WiiU. Jesus Christ.
You think I said Wii U will get a ton of support, I didn't, its that simple.

Judging by how much support you guys think the Wii U will get (none). Yes you will shit your pants.

Who said the Wii U will get absolutely 0 support?

Oh yes I have looked at the Wii U as its own situation in a number of posts, maybe try reading them instead of picking one line apart?

You used the 3DS as a reason why 3rd party developers wouldnt care about the Wii U's horrendous sales. Maybe you shouldn't have made it part of your argument if you didn't want it to be picked apart.

Who said the Wii U will get absolutely 0 support?

You used the 3DS as a reason why 3rd party developers wouldnt care about the Wii U's horrendous sales. Maybe you shouldn't have made it part of your argument if you didn't want it to be picked apart.
I said if what I'm saying is right the decisions would have been made before the Wii U even launched, you know before they knew about the sales. Not only do you need to read things, you need to think a little too.

You were doubtful on the 3DS the whole time and now you want to doom and gloom Wii U too? Laughable.

I said if what I'm saying is right the decisions would have been made before the Wii U even launched, you know before they knew about the sales. Not only do you need to read things, you need to think a little too.

You were doubtful on the 3DS the whole time and now you want to doom and gloom Wii U too? Laughable.

Oh excuse me I assume you were interested in having rational discussion. Also I'm wondering how in the world you know anything about my opinion on the 3DS considering I wasn't even a member of this board while it was underperforming. But you can be one of those people who sees someone trying to make a reasonable argument and cover your ears and scream DOOM, but I see it's not even worth it to try with people like that because they aren't interested in actually discussing anything. Especially when you try and bait with BS like this
I was just proposing something and you start list wars. So stupid. I guess the Vita bomba is really hurting you aye.
Have a good day.

Takao

Banned

Which could've easily since been canceled, moved to PS3, or never existed in the first place. 3DS games were canceled during the early poor performance of that platform. Based on that DICE rumor, it seems the same has been the case for Wii U.

Oh excuse me I assume you were interested in having rational discussion. Also I'm wondering how in the world you know anything about my opinion on the 3DS considering I wasn't even a member of this board while it was underperforming. But you can be one of those people who sees someone trying to make a reasonable argument and cover your ears and scream DOOM, but I see it's not even worth it to try with people like that because they aren't interested in actually discussing anything. Have a good day.
If you were interested in reasonable discussions you wouldn't picking lines apart or asking stupid questions like who said there wasn't going to be any support for Wii U? Yeah I haven't been discussing anything, ok then, thanks for your great contribution. Have a good day to you too.

Takao said:
Which could've easily since been canceled, moved to PS3, or never existed in the first place. 3DS games were canceled during the early poor performance of that platform. Based on that DICE rumor, it seems the same has been the case for Wii U.
Quite possible, I wouldn't doubt that since Wii U projects would be more expensive and risky than 3DS ones. 3DS games weren't canceled IIRC, they were just delayed.

Is NeoGAF playing up for anyone or is it just me?

Laguna

Banned
The real delusional ones are people that really believe that PSV is in a similar or even better position in Japan than WiiU, deal with it, PSV is done in Japan, especially after the last PSV stream show there is no doubt that it´s not a good supported system, neither from 3rd parties nor Sony even after more than a year on market and knowing in what situation the system is and the fact that PSV had an abysmal 2012 December lineup due to the postponed games that now are planned for the next weeks. There was literally no single new announcement for PSV on the Vita stream show and there is absolutely no excuse to hold anything back because it´s direct competitor already is on market.

PSV now will have 2-3 months that won´t be as disastrous sales-wise as the past weeks due to its upcoming pricedrop and release schedule but that will be only a temporary one, for simple reasons. They basically concentrated all they´ve got around the pricedrop, most games are really niche and ports and won´t have long-lasting affect on sales. After this short period the release schedule looks again as empty as before. The only "promising" game left is FFX, a game that is to early in development if the disapointing presentaion is any indidcation also on PS3 and who knows when it will ever be released.

hiska-kun

Media Create:

21./11. [PSV] Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece # <TBL> (Compile Heart) {2013.01.24} (¥7.140)
22./25. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
23./00. [PS3] Lollipop Chainsaw (Kadokawa Games Collection) <ACT> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.02.14} (¥3.980)
24./00. [PSP] Battle Robot Soul <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.14} (¥6.280)
25./17. [PS3] Hitman: Absolution <ADV> (Square Enix) {2013.01.24} (¥7.980)
26./27. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980)
27./26. [3DS] Magician's Quest: Magical Town <ETC> (Konami) {2012.12.20} (¥4.980)
28./00. [PSP] Harukanaru Toki Sora no Naka de: Hachiyoushou # <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.02.14} (¥5.040)
29./28. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
30./31. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.09.27} (¥4.800)
31./33. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
32./34. [3DS] Toriko: Gourmet Monsters! <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.13} (¥5.800)
33./29. [3DS] Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity <RPG> (Pokèmon Co.) {2012.11.23} (¥4.800)
34./30. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Special Price) <PZL> (Sega) {2012.12.13} (¥2.940)
35./24. [PSP] Digimon Adventure <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.17} (¥6.280)
36./22. [PS3] Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.01.24} (¥7.140)
37./00. [360] Ginga Force <STG> (Qute) {2013.02.14} (¥7.140)
38./46. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.11.22} (¥7.980)
39./35. [PS3] Battlefield 3: Premium Edition <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.13} (¥9.240)
40./37. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational # <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.11.22} (¥4.980)
41./00. [PSV] Silent Hill: Book of Memories <ADV> (Konami) {2013.02.14} (¥5.980)
42./21. [PS3] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale <FTG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.01.31} (¥5.980)
43./42. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.11.01} (¥3.980)
44./50. [WII] Mario Kart Wii <RCE> (Nintendo) {2008.04.10} (¥5.800)
45./15. [PSP] Heroes' Vs <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.07} (¥6.280)
46./43. [3DS] Kobito Zukan: Kobito Kansatsu Set <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2012.07.26} (¥5.040)
47./39. [PSP] One Piece: Romance Dawn - Bouken no Yoake # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.20} (¥5.980)
48./32. [PSP] Gintama no Sugoroku <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.24} (¥6.280)
49./44. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800)
50./45. [PSP] AKB1/149: Love Election # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.20} (¥7.329)

Top 50

3DS - 18
PS3 - 11
PSP - 10
PSV - 4
WII - 3
WIU - 2
NDS - 1
360 - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    664.000 |  1.337.000 |    771.000 |  6.432.000 |  6.540.000 |

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Leaving Monster Hunter and DQX aside, this seems like kind of a stretched comparison given Vita has been out for a year. Not to mention I cannot think of a single 3rd party game coming out this year for Vita that would be a lock to go much above 100k.

3DS games were canceled during the early poor performance of that platform.
None of the 3DS cancellations we know of were due to this. Most were in fact prelaunch too, and essentially all were for reasons outside market performance (Saints Row XBLA being killed, Garden being crap, ACR going HD, Konami murdering Hudson, Inafune quitting, LOS trumping Contra, etc). Actually, can you name a single 3DS cancellation that happened in spring 2011 that was due to how the system was selling?

Iwata did say the early 3DS price drop was an aggressive reaction whose purpose was in part to keep 3rd parties from dropping support and canceling projects though. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Takao

Banned
Leaving Monster Hunter and DQX aside, this seems like kind of a stretched comparison given Vita has been out for a year. Not to mention I cannot think of a single 3rd party game coming out this year for Vita that would be a lock to go much above 100k.

I was referring to the actual amount of software being released, not necessarily sales.

Nekki

PSV Hardware
PSP Shining Ark
PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 7
3DS Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
PSV Phantasy Star Online 2
3DS Osawari Tantei Nameko Shigeru
PS3 Disgaea Dimension 2
3DS Luigi Mansion 2
PSV Soul Sacrifice
WIU Game & Wario

My picks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I was referring to the actual amount of software being released, not necessarily sales.

Ok..I don't think that's necessarily a good judge of these types of things.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Who did the Comgnet comparisons last week? Road? I'd like to see them updated this week. Unfortunately, the archive site with the links to the Comgnet preorder charts for every month since 2005 (and these links as well) all died. This is why I suddenly stopped doing comparisons. ._.

Top Bottom