• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 9, 2012 (Feb 27 - Mar 04)

sphinx

the piano man
One piece a system seller, who would have thought.. Congrats to the PS3! :D

Now watch Nintendo snatch the next game and turn it into a Wii-U exclusive, lol.

Bruno MB

01./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.03.01} (¥8.190) - 655.774 / NEW

Absolutely massive numbers, above the most optimistic expectations, congratulations to Bamco.

02./00. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.01} (¥4.800) - 43.155 / NEW

Great debut.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series (first week)

[WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 62,550
[WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo) - 21,541
[WII] Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games(Nintendo) - 30,222

[NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 89,909
[NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo) - 23,420

05./15. [3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.02.16} (¥6.090) - 21.540 / 99.532 (+100%)

The quick restock was successful.

Harvest moon at 27k, anyone know how they usually do week 2?

Also slight but noticable dips for 3d land and monhun, though they should probably get boosted in a couple of weeks with the new bundles

One Piece might be the most surprisingly successful software for the last few years, at least since Friend Connection.

Well the potential has been there as One Piece is so huge franchise in Japan but Wii games didn't set charts on fire so definitely little surprising.

Unison

need some sort of HANG IN THERE BABY cat pic for Vita.

hang-in-there-kitty-02.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece makes a mint in Japan. Since this is the first HD One Piece game, it's not too shocking it did that well. Still, those numbers man.

CyberConnect2 needs to get in on the action and make a One Piece game similar to their Naruto games. The money would roll in.

duckroll

One Piece makes a mint in Japan. Since this is the first HD One Piece game, it's not too shocking it did that well. Still, those numbers man.

CyberConnect2 needs to get in on the action and make a One Piece game similar to their Naruto games. The money would roll in.

CyberConnect2 doesn't get to decide what they make. Only what publishers are willing to pay them to make. :p

Hell yeah, above 10K!!!

Just wait till Friday to see the charts on fire...or not, and everyone will laugh at Sony, Vita will drop to 8K.

mclem

It took a moment to reassure myself that Theatrhythm's percentage gain was mathematically possible.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Vita hanging on the edge of 10k. Because it totally matters if its 9k, 10k, or 11k.

But at least that fate will be decided on Friday. Maybe it'll never get below 10k after all.

Zenaku

With the terrible reviews the game has been getting from players I expect OP to drop even quicker than LovePlus, and doubt it'll ever reach 1m. I'd be pessimistic about a sequel doing anywhere close to this in its first week either.

Nice to see HM in 2nd; my copy arrived an hour ago (finally). Anyone know how it stacks up to 2nd weeks so far in the series?

Theatrhythm back in the top 10 doesn't surprise me.

Road

Harvest moon at 27k, anyone know how they usually do week 2?
[NGB] Harvest Moon 3 (Victor Interactive Software) {2000.09.29} - 17,795 / 46,595
[NDS] Harvest Moon DS (Marvelous Entertainment) {2005.03.17} - 16,925 / 45,237
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (Marvelous Entertainment) {2007.02.01} - 26,804 / 106,212
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (Marvelous Entertainment) {2008.02.21} - 22,213 / 66,934
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar (Marvelous Entertainment) {2008.12.18} - 21,767 / 57,033
[NDS] Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Marvelous Entertainment) {2010.07.08} - 20,269 / 83,879

Nope. We don't count budget re-releases and stuff for something like this.
You don't. =P

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone else think Sony should kill off the PSP? I think they should announce a phase out to the end of year and cease production. Seems redundant now with the Vita out and it cannibalises Vita sales. They need to shift new games onto Vita before the thing becomes extinct.
Sony Japan hasnt made any PSP games in a long time anyway, so there isnt much to shift over the the Vita. And it is no guarantee that people will buy a Vita instead of the PSP goes away. So i dont think removing the PSP would necessarily do Sony much good right now.

What is the last developed PSP game from Sony Japan by the way? The latest i can remember is 100 Man Ton no Bara Bara from early 2010.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
One Piece might be the most surprisingly successful software for the last few years, at least since Friend Connection.

After Hokuto no Ken Musou performance it's not really that surprising.

any reason that one piece game is so successful? which time in the manga does it cover and what OP is the best for someone who is at chapter 100.

Road

I've forgotten if Musou games have legs.
Generally yes, but bad word of mouth can kill the legs of any type of game.

Edit: by yes I don't mean MH kind of legs, by the way. Just that they don't behave like FF selling 80% of the sales in the first week.

Alrus

any reason that one piece game is so successful? which time in the manga does it cover and what OP is the best for someone who is at chapter 100.

The franchise is general is huge, and Musou crossover games do really well.

I'm betting it will be soon, if Sony can make it happen. Or the sequel.

Late portable port of Musou game have never done well. I don't think that's the kind of game Sony should go after.

Thoraxes

What are the latest rumours for the Vita show on friday?

I've heard people proclaiming redesigns, bombas, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy XV, a time machine, Biff getting with your mom, going to the Enchanted Under the Sea dance to hook your parents up, GT5 portable, and apparently some "Killer Apps" will be announced even though pretty much any killer app from Sony has already been made known that it's coming or is already out, everyone's underwear will be Calvin Klein underwear, etc.

Literally anything can happen.

duckroll

You don't. =P

No one should when discussing how successful a game's launch is. What matters is how many people bought the game when it was first distributed at full price. If we're discussing how successful a product is in the long term, or the health of a franchise in general, then re-releases become relevant.

There is a reason why every single sales tracker counts re-releases separately.

Top Bottom