• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 9, 2012 (Feb 27 - Mar 04)

Late portable port of Musou game have never done well. I don't think that's the kind of game Sony should go after.

That doesn't mean they won't try and put it on there anyway. Sony is not a company of "should."

If Sony can make it happen ? So i guess no.

Probably not, but I'm sure they wish it was the case. Though I'm guessing they won't say no to some PS3 sales to tide them over until the 9th, where they announce that you get a free grizzly bear with every Vita purchase.

Anyone else think Sony should kill off the PSP? I think they should announce a phase out to the end of year and cease production. Seems redundant now with the Vita out and it cannibalises Vita sales. They need to shift new games onto Vita before the thing becomes extinct.

While i'm sure as i mentioned on the other thread the idea must have crossed sonys mind killing psp could just as easily boost 3ds not vita

PSV 10.023

msguillamtumblr.gif

Great for One Piece and a decent second week for Harvest Moon; rest of chart is just 3DS cackling at the incompetent journalists/analysts from last year calling 3DS a flop.

Speaking of Vita though - PSP does well in Japan. Surely Sony should count its losses and look to compete with PSP more. Certainly still sells better than Vita, and a proper new model (I mean one that actually 'gets better' ergo - no the PSP Go Sony) would do alright.

Other than all that? Not much of interest.

With just 4 days of sales, One Piece Musou is now the 4th best selling PS3 game of all time in Japan.

For real? That's very interesting

And hooray for Theaterhythm. Now to just see if it will have enough legs to get SE to consider bringing it over to EU and NA

massoluk

Banned
Vita hanging on the edge of 10k. Because it totally matters if its 9k, 10k, or 11k.

But at least that fate will be decided on Friday. Maybe it'll never get below 10k after all.

Short of a surprise FFVII remake release available for download right on Friday night, it's not going to save PS Vita from dipping below 10k in the next few weeks, I think.

mclem

With just 4 days of sales, One Piece Musou is now the 4th best selling PS3 game of all time in Japan.

Should Sony be throwing moneyhats around to try to MH-ify it on Vita?

That said, I don't really seeing it having the same sort of legs as those titles.

Culex

Banned
3DS should cross 1 million YTD in 2 weeks! It's been a long ride, but things are looking good for the 'doomed' handheld.

One Piece might be the most surprisingly successful software for the last few years, at least since Friend Connection.

After Hokuto no Ken Musou sales people should expect OP Musou would have done good .
Still it sold more than i thought it would, then again this is OP we talking about it just makes money .

Sony needs to get some software for the Vita going .

Sell trough must have been pretty amazing for One Piece Musou. Maybe it really could pull a million as this is not XIII-2 situation (600k first week sales against 850k first week shipment).

liger05

So 3rd parties are going to get spooked regarding the Vita going by what we were reading in regard to the 3DS low sales?

Darn One Piece destroyed Naruto Shippuden in just one week. Hope it makes it out of JPN to actually hit one million. Games from Jump certainly do splendidly, how many golden ps3s?

Bebpo

Banned
With the terrible reviews the game has been getting from players I expect OP to drop even quicker than LovePlus, and doubt it'll ever reach 1m. I'd be pessimistic about a sequel doing anywhere close to this in its first week either.

Nice to see HM in 2nd; my copy arrived an hour ago (finally). Anyone know how it stacks up to 2nd weeks so far in the series?

Theatrhythm back in the top 10 doesn't surprise me.

Terrible reviews?

As a OP fan who likes musou (aka, the target audience), the game seems pretty great to me outside the unstable framerate.

It's definitely way better than hokuto musou.

Road

No one should when discussing how successful a game's launch is. What matters is how many people bought the game when it was first distributed at full price. If we're discussing how successful a product is in the long term, or the health of a franchise in general, then re-releases become relevant.

There is a reason why every single sales tracker counts re-releases separately.
If you're gonna compare the launch of the games, then I guess you should just compare the first "week". But if you're simply gonna say it's the nth best selling game, then you have to include all copies sold. Considering the price of each unit sold would be something else entirely.

duckroll

Sell trough must have been pretty amazing for One Piece Musou. Maybe it really could pull a million as this is not XIII-2 situation (600k first week sales against 850k first week shipment).

Sell-through is apparently over 90%. The first shipment was 650k, then they shipped up to about 700k by the weekend.

If you're gonna compare the launch of the games, then I guess you should just compare the first "week". But if you're simply gonna say it's the nth best selling game, then you have to include all copies sold. Considering the price of each unit sold would be something else entirely.

I disagree with this completely. The product One Piece Musou has outsold all other PS3 products aside from Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 5 Spec II, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III are different products released at different times.

Bruno MB

[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

1st week. 67,206 / NEW
2nd week. 10,786 / 77,993 (-84%)
3rd week. 21,540 / 99,532 (+100%)

[NDS] Fire Emblem: New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light

1st week. 148,000 / NEW
2nd week. 33,000 / 180,697 (-78%)
3rd week. 3,968 / 184,665 (-88%)
4th week. 18,960 / 203,625 (+478%)

VAPitts

i know people have asked this b4 and i saw post saying that New Love Plus had some issues but geez how bad were they?

[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

1st week. 67,206 / NEW
2nd week. 10,786 / 77,993 (-84%)
3rd week. 21,540 / 99,532 (+100%)

[NDS] Fire Emblem: New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light

1st week. 148,000 / NEW
2nd week. 33,000 / 180,697 (-78%)
3rd week. 3,968 / 184,665 (-88%)
4th week. 18,960 / 203,625 (+478%)

I know that I have a weird sense of humor, but those numbers are comical beyond belief. I'm literally laughing at them. What is happen, you people did this to me.

Road

I disagree with this completely. The product One Piece Musou has outsold all other PS3 products aside from Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 5 Spec II, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III are different products released at different times.
I agree about different versions, though. Including them is something else completely different from just including the same game being sold for an unknown price.

Anyone else think Sony should kill off the PSP? I think they should announce a phase out to the end of year and cease production. Seems redundant now with the Vita out and it cannibalises Vita sales. They need to shift new games onto Vita before the thing becomes extinct.

I think that's a terrible idea. PSP is making money for Sony on each hardware sold and it's still Y15000 over there.

What they need to do is get their heads out of their asses and realize that the vita is heading into the biggest bomba in recent history in Japan. Sony execs, including Yoshida (one of the most level headed guys in the industry), need to stop being in denial and realize the problem here. As I said in another thread, even with their financial woes, Sony has deep pockets and they need to use it to save the Vita in Japan. Getting a main game from DQ, MH, and FF exclusively on their system is imperative. FFX and MHP3 ports are not gonna do anything to change the downward spiral, which btw, doesn't look to be changing any time soon when you look at the release schedule.

EDIT: PS3 will probably be over 8 million within the next 2-3 weeks. One Piece has the chance of being the 2nd PS3 game to sell over a million. Will depend on sales next week.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think anything above 10k is now considered good.

It's like 10K is some mystical number it's not like theirs all of 24 units separating it as from being below it. At this point it may as well be considered as bad as being below 10k, it's really just a technicality.

matmanx1

One Piece doing fantastically well in it's debut is not terribly surprising but the 65k PS3's sold is somewhat. I wonder how many Gold special editions were made and how many of that 65k were just people running out to buy a PS3 just because of One Piece.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
- Big PS3 jump
- PS2 laying the smack down on 360 again.
- Vita continues decline, nothing in Top 20.
- Wii is weak. DQX shoulda been developed for PS3 instead.
- 3DS continues kicking butt

duckroll

I agree about different versions, though. Including them is something else completely different from just including the same game being sold for an unknown price.

Then in that case, One Piece Musou is still the 4th best selling PS3 game of all time in Japan right now. :p

Hot Shots Golf 5 probably *just* sold over 655k by Media Create numbers, but we don't actually know since the last LTD sighting on the charts was 20k (which would not bring it over One Piece Musou).

Truth101

Banned
- Big PS3 jump
- PS2 laying the smack down on 360 again.
- Vita continues decline, nothing in Top 20.
- Wii is weak. DQX shoulda been developed for PS3 instead.
- 3DS continues kicking butt

The Wii still sells big franchise software. Just look at Rhythm Tengoku

mclem

Can we say without any doubt RE:R will pass the 300K ?

It's falling fairly rapidly, but I think there's a good chance it'll bumble along outside the charts for a fair old while. I wouldn't say we can state it without any doubt, but I wouldn't put it past it happening.

Top Bottom