• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 2/5 - 2/11

D.Lo

antipode said:
Dear god. I wonder if that title will make more money as a Virtual Console game 15-16 years later.
Why would they put the PC Engine port of Parodius on the VC when they could put the near arcade perfect SNES version?

Mind you, I've wondered what they'll do about multi-platform games on the VC. So far it seems they'll give the original release preference, whether it be better (PC Genshin (Bonk) over FC Genshin) or worse (NES Wario's Woods).

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
Yeah, I doubt it happening, myself. The inevitable NSMB 2 will probably eat up a lot of sales NSMB would get.

...we all thought that about Brain Age too. :eek:

I'd say 5 Million is going to happen. In fact, 5.5 Million sounds like a good number. Would be above the GBA Pokemon (and by default every GBA game ever).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cvxfreak said:
...we all thought that about Brain Age too. :eek:

I'd say 5 Million is going to happen. In fact, 5.5 Million sounds like a good number. Would be above the GBA Pokemon (and by default every GBA game ever).

In the very least it'll beat Mario 64 worldwide. It's at over 8.5 million and only a few months after release, AND without any price drops. NSMB is a monster. :O

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Defuser said:
Considering DOA4 was never released in the Arcade....so yeah....

Why would I buy it for my PS3 when I can pay to play it everytime I go to the arcade?

I don't think so.

Yeah, 8% of the install base buying it (Assuming roughly 600,000 PS3s sold in Japan) is not exactly the monster they needed. Marioland confirmed.

Well that's 8% only in the first few weeks of its launch.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
meltpotato said:
cank stoochie is downright creeeeepy

i hope VF5 gets the sales it deserves in the U.S., but i expect it to get fairly well ignored here as well.

I'm the only preorder for it at my store, both versions included

Defuser

duderon said:
Why would I buy it for my PS3 when I can pay to play it everytime I go to the arcade?

I don't think so.
Because People already play VF5 in the arcades therefore losing interest.

Defuser

cvxfreak said:
Monster Hunter Portable 2 might have a bigger second (or is it third?) week than Gundam Musou's debut.
oh shit i forgot about that, forget about what i said,Gundam Musou won't surpass Monster Hunter Portable 2.

linsivvi

Jammy said:
-More Brain Age will surpass 4,000,000 in Japan alone in the next two weeks guaranteed.

A 4 million seller and not released anywhere outside Japan. Only Nintendo would do this. Crazy.

Great numbers and all for Nintendo but it's a bit worrying for 3rd party on the Wii that Cooking Mama didn't even chart in the Top 30. Disappointing sales for VF5, 50k is low sales regardless if it took number one spot.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Defuser said:
Because People already play VF5 in the arcades therefore losing interest.

I still don't buy it.

Gundam Musou isn't going to do much better. It may debut ~10k higher, that's it.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
VietBitter said:
Great numbers and all for Nintendo but it's a bit worrying for 3rd party on the Wii that Cooking Mama didn't even chart in the Top 30. Disappointing sales for VF5, 50k is low sales regardless if it took number one spot.

Cooking Mama on the DS sold like 2k it's first week, I believe. Cooking Mama Wii was never supposed to sell well. People got it mixed up with Cooking Navi.

Jammy

Banned
VietBitter said:

The first Cooking Mama for DS did similar. The game gets most of its few sales from the U.S., and being such a low budget title, it doesn't really need to chart in the top ten for a couple of weeks. Oddly enough, the DS game was one of Majesco's best performers last year.

Christian

donny2112 said:
It sold 170K through December. :)

WOW, that's quite the little success story. I remember it being almost unpossible to find at first, and there were doubts about which retailers were going to carry it.

VOOK said:
they could'nt even save their own
it is kind of funny that they tried to save their own system against the playstation but they couldn't, so they converted and tried to save the playstation, and they couldn't

i'm just joking about all of this of course, i'm not one of those people who actually thinking the console war is even close to being remotely decided, but i just love ribbing sega

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Eteric Rice said:
Am I the only one not surprised now adays when we see sales charts with almost all Nintendo games?

It's kind of normal, now.

It's hilarious how it's a completely different affair in the US.......Nintendo dominates in Japan officially, but in the US, PS3/360 do....

Interesting. Never thought it would unfold this way if I was to forecast this day, five years ago.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Battersea Power Station said:
Ooooohhhh. So what you're trying to tell me is that he referenced Sega's history in order to show the irony of hoping VF5 is a system seller?

.... I dunno... I just made a snappy comment to look like I was ribbing Sega and get the Sega Boys ramped up, not that I care just err tired :/

KINGMOKU

dirtmonkey37 said:
It's hilarious how it's a completely different affair in the US.......Nintendo dominates in Japan officially, but in the US, PS3/360 do....

Interesting. Never thought it would unfold this way if I was to forecast this day, five years ago.
EXPLAIN.

dirtmonkey37 said:

The PS3 dominates in the US?

huh?!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
dirtmonkey37 said:

You couldn't wait a day before coming to a conclusion? I hear something big is going down tomorrow :p

Joe Molotov

dirtmonkey37 said:

DS sez hi.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
dirtmonkey37 said:

Do you subscribe to Man of Knowledge's newsletter?

D.Lo

duderon said:
You couldn't wait a day before coming to a conclusion? I hear something big is going down tomorrow :p
Pray tell, what did you hear? (I don't care if it turns out to be totally wrong).

D.Lo said:
Pray tell, what did you hear? (I don't care if it turns out to be totally wrong).

Are you new, or did you not notice that tomorrow is when the NPD comes out?

Forumites are already getting themselves geared up for the massive internet shitstorm sure to follow.

Few things:

1) It was unrealistic to expect Virtua Fighter 5 to carry the PS3. 48000 copies is pretty good, given how the PS3 situation in Japan is. I would almost consider it a success in this regard. There is a reason why Sega announced a 360 port a while back: they knew that the PS3 was not tearing it up and VF5 sales would be crippled by this. They were right.

2) NSMB's high sales are great. I think it can sell at least a million copies more, perhaps two million. I didn't care much for the game but still, respect.

3) Gundam Musou is not going to save the PS3. I think it will sell 30000 copies at least its debut week. It will probably even hit six digits (100,000 to 200,000 maybe) for overall sales but I don't expect this game to light the fire under the PS3's ass. The Musou series' popularity has declined considerably the past couple of years. I expect GM to continue the trend, not buck it.

Top Bottom