• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hexa

One question though, if this happens to be not a fan remake, does this series have enough materials to get a sequel or a reboot for this era? I mean how can they expand its universe and gameplay to suit the demands of current-gen?

I'm thinking a structure that's more like Zelda and the addition of puzzles, but it still manages to keep the type of combat and platforming type stuff from Medievil though expanded a bit.

If you were a real leaker why would you space it out like this and not just info dump all at once

Cause leaker's are mostly attention whores. Like why else would they do it? They give us leaks. We give them attention. Everyone (except for the companies maybe) are happy. The Bloodborne person on 4chan did something similar where he leaked stuff on separate occasions.

Cause leaker's are mostly attention whores. Like why else would they do it? They give us leaks. We give them attention. Everyone (except for the companies maybe) are happy. The Bloodborne person on 4chan did something similar where he leaked stuff on separate occasions.

I guess. I wouldn't say they are all attention whores though. Thats unfair. Some probably just really like gaming and want to spread the message to other fans

Edit: nvm just noticed you said "mostly". My bad

The video going private on YT only proves #teamfake because it's too much "oh god look what stir I've caused with my school project".

Vire

Leaning towards fake. Video is private but not taken down.

With stuff like this, I expect a faster response from Sony.

That's what they want you to think! They knew if they just straight up DMCA'd it everyone would know it was real.

But if they force it to be private...

#teamreal

Ummm.....so if in-house AAA, if not in-house not AAA? I am trying to wrap my head around the logic of something illogical.

AAA = high budget games. Millions upon millions like God of War.
AA = not as high budget. Tearaway, Rime, Tomorrow Children, etc.

I'm wrong on the Nintendo stuff probably, so it's better to focus on the numbers. What I'm saying is, Sony operates differently than Nintendo, so naming Tearaway with the likes of Mario in terms of funding is deviating from the discussion.

I translated his Twitter page to English with Chrome and came up with this.

jJgtTM4.png

That's what they want you to think! They knew if they just straight up DMCA'd it everyone would know it was real.

But if they force it to be private...

#teamreal

There have been remakes of almost every game using UE4, but none seem to get such attention just like this one. This one just got so much attention that many of you are convinced this must be real.

Then I can say, this is real too and, the game is coming back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiy2Pwp8Ek

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140306

The examples of remakes using UE4 are infinite.

Okay, my girlfriend translated the tweet and it's basically that. From what she can gather, it seems straight out fake (15 minutes of fame but I don't want twitter followers).

There have been remakes of almost every game using UE4, but none seem to get such attention just like this one. This one just got so much attention that many of you are convinced this must be real.

Then I can say, this is real too and, the game is coming back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiy2Pwp8Ek

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140306

The examples of remakes using UE4 are infinite.

Actually, a ton of these get attention. In fact, there's probably an article per video in every website about one done with Zelda and or whatever. Most don't try to pass themselves off as a game upcoming for E3.

Even on team fake, I was hoping it was real because I'd just love old IPs coming back.

But I guess it's not meant to be for this one.

ZarKryn7

How about you link those tweets instead of posting screenshots?

You all just took it in just like that? Let me see the links to see if those tweets are legit.

Edit: wow... At least it looked good.

Pacotera

Banned
People comparing those ugly animation with those nice shiny project beast screenshots ....

Comeon guys... it was obvious fake all along...

DNAbro

People comparing those ugly animation with those nice shiny project beast screenshots ....

it's a game with a weird skeleton guy who walks weird. that wasn't a good way to disprove anything.

Guys, read the new tweets. He accounts that 5 minutes of fame to something of the past and he says he never said anything and folks will find out Sunday.

Maximo

I would KILL for a New MediEvil, really is a shame I thought they might be thinking of doing a Remake after he was in the Sony Smash Bros game.

Yeah I was saying fake all along. Project Beast looked straight up real. Those Webms looked pretty much legit instantly.

This, those animations were just off. It wasn't just a "style" thing the way he didn't make contact firmly with the ground was a red flag

Edit: now he's saying its real? I still don't buy it but I guess I could be wrong

Top Bottom