• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hoje0308

Banned
How many times do they have to say that game is still in production for people to get that IT STILL EXISTS?

Existing and being an actual game that will ever see a release are two different things. Until Sony actually shows a working game, it's vaporware to me.

Sharpeye

At least you MediEvil fans have hope. Sony is never going to bring back War of the Monsters, and don't get me started on a new Shadow of Rome from Capcom.

A.J.

Banned
I'm going to side on Team Real mostly because it might just be too obscure for someone to put into the effort to fake

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Reposting the 2 GIF's for the next pages;

KVJTvSh.gif

7LuPHJ1.gif
Ugh, this looks terrible, animation wise. Fake.. Unless it's some super early alpha footage.

At least you MediEvil fans have hope. Sony is never going to bring back War of the Monsters, and don't get me started on a new Shadow of Rome from Capcom.
I have made detailed design documents for three games: PS All-Stars, MediEvil reboot, and War of the Monsters reboot. I feel your pain.

Darknight

Wasnt Bloodborned leaked a similar way? Difference alot of us knew "Demon's Souls 2" was in the works for a while or was implied heavily by insiders. I for one dont expect this IP to come back so Im leaning towards being a fake but could be possible.

I'm going to side on Team Real mostly because it might just be too obscure for someone to put into the effort to fake
I agree with you. This IP isnt something that everyone was salivating. Why spend your time faking something that may not be really expected from the PS base? I remember the PS1 games. I thought they were really weird and having the levels mostly black from lack of field of view made me uneasy playing it. Seems like an odd creepy game. Not an amazing title that I looked back to and yearn to replay in current gen.

Funny thing is even if real or fake...Now that Shuhei Yoshida noticed that everyone was interested in this leak. They will probably make it real now. #TeamOptimistic

I'm sure capcom can put a Shadow of Rome T-shirt in the next Resident Evil for you

From the wiki:

Although originally conceived as the first part of a franchise aimed specifically at Western markets, Shadow of Rome did not sell well in either North America or Europe, and ultimately, Capcom considered it a failure.[24] Shadow of Rome 2 was already in early development upon the release of the first game, but executive producer Keiji Inafune chose to abandon the project, and Shadow of Rome 2 ultimately became Dead Rising.

iBA4kVPDIyTko.gif

Wasnt Bloodborned leaked a similar way? Difference alot of us knew "Demon's Souls 2" was in the works for a while or was implied heavily by insiders. I for one dont expect this IP to come back so Im leaning towards being a fake but could be possible.

Well, for starters, Bloodborne leaked on 4chan.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ugh, this looks terrible, animation wise. Fake.. Unless it's some super early alpha footage.

If its a budget title, what say you? Of course its probably early code obviously, but it seems a lot of people would not deal with the jank a lower budgeted game would entail than they seem to proclaim about wanting.

WAIT YOU GUYS!!! I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING!

If he leaked SoTC years ago?...

THAT MEANS COME SUNDAY!!...He probably won't leak TLG I'm sure :p

tesqui

Everyone's complaining about the animation and all I notice is a beautiful art design and goofy skeleton walkin about. I guess i'm less of a snob on animation and more observant of the surrounding atmosphere and environment.

My dream is for a new Medievil, Ape Escape, and War of the Monsters to appear on PS4. Sony, make it happen!

Koobion

The complaints about the animation are ignoring the fact that this character is traditionally wobbly like that.

Capella

I don't see anything wrong with the way he's animated. Looks similar to how he walked in the old games and he's a skeleton with big feet in a suit of armor. It makes sense that his walking animation is kind of janky.

Nothing about this really screams "fake" to me. I got the exact same feeling seeing this as I did the Project Beast leak - just really early, pre alpha footage.

Cautiously optimistic BTW, loved medievil on PS1.

Are we really at such a point of desperation for first party games that people are excited about fucking MediEvil?

The original games were well received, so why wouldn't people be excited?

It's not my number 1 most wanted Sony re-boot, but its definitely something I'm interested in. Hell, it probably would be about 10th on my "most wanted Sony" list.

I'd love if this were real, it'd be a guaranteed Day One purchase because of how much I love the MediEvil series. I'm just as skeptical as everyone else though, especially since these days Devs never make the fricken games everyone asks for, I mean that'd be too easy to actually listen to your customers :/ I've said for years that the demand is still there for new MediEvil, Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games. ( Assuming the licensing would work out) But even if they were to make a new game with those characters it'd be some stupid shovelware like Conker in Project Spark. It's ridiculous how poorly these companies treat the I.P.s they owe their initial success to.

Did you play the original MediEvil game/s? This is pretty much exactly how Sir Dan walks.

We'll have to wait and see what happens over the weekend but I hope to god this is true. I fucking loved MediEvil growing up so a PS4 sequel would make me lose my fucking mind.

Well, it certainly generated a lot of hype. I don't really know how else that sort of thing on that level would get leaked tbh...
It was leaked from a pre-E3 stream for retailers, likely from Destination Playstation a few months before.

Wasn't sure what else Sony was thinking putting that out there without any type of security measures. Considering how different the game looked by E3, though, I doubt they intended for the old janky blurry screens/footage to leak.

I've been dreaming of a MediEvil sequel/remake with graphics that looked like the cutscenes since the 90s.

I need this in my life.

aly

Well, it certainly generated a lot of hype. I don't really know how else that sort of thing on that level would get leaked tbh...

It did. But it was old and blurry footage. We would've been way more surprised even with that Cg trailer if it was our first time seeing it at E3. I just assume that it shard to keep a lid on everything before its revealed.

Top Bottom