• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess I'm one of the few idiots that doesn't know this reference.

It's a reference to Hayao Miyazaki, the most well known director of Studio Ghibli's animated films. Miyazaki is known as being a grumply old bastard, and there's a gif floating around where he makes a comment about how anime is nothing but trash, even though his movies are classified as anime as well.
He never actually said that though.

I'm just a ninja passing by.

post-6493-Jennifer-Lawrence-okay-thumbs-ilbJ.gif

Project Beast looked legit from the outset because the initial leaks had so many unique assets that it would be a feat to fake all of that. There were no less than four unique environments, for one thing, each with different enemies and objects, and it was clear that it was probably taken from a trailer.

This, on the other hand, is showing the same tiny area over and over.

I'm thinking fake for now, but if we get another GIF with a different set of assets, then that'll change.

Just for the hell of it, there should be a hype train. I'm not even a fan of the series, but it would be funny to get all riled up over a series that was never that big to begin with that has also been presumed dead.
Yeah, I can see some Big Shot Chief in the Sony offices lighting up a sigar and reading this thread, and says, fuck it, let's give these people this game anyway.

#teamreal ;_;

2thepoint

Project Beast looked legit from the outset because the initial leaks had so many unique assets that it would be a feat to fake all of that. There were no less than four unique environments, for one thing, each with different enemies and objects, and it was clear that it was probably taken from a trailer.

I'm thinking fake for now, but if we get another GIF with a different set of assets, then that'll change.

Shouldn't you be working on your next album instead of posting on GAF, Leona?

Blobbers

So this guy apparently leaked Shadow of the Colossus and the tweets that were ran through google translate were wrong?

Hype still a go?

GnawtyDog

Banned
The budget for Tearaway is far different from God Of War's budget. But this is off topic and we aren't on the same page let's so drop it.

The budget for GOW is different than that of NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii, or Titanfall or Bloodborne aka water is wet. Not sure why you picked it up in the first place. It's dropped.
----------------

I guess Sunday shall tell if this twitterer is full of bananas or not.

Skux

Why fake this? It's way more effort than a quick Photoshop for internet laughs/points. The whole thing is modelled, textured, lit, and animated.

Eventhough that UE4 is a strong engine, I don't think Sony will use it if they ever are making the game.

We already know that BEND's next game is UE4.

Big teams like ND can afford their own engine,but devs like Bend may not necessarily have the time and resources to invest in a new one, or to upgrade their Vita engine.

Papacheeks

Banned
So I was all "oh man, a 17 page thread on GAF about a potential leak with E3 just around the corner! This gotta be good"

And then I was all "that's it?"

I guess i'm missing something here (Quite possible, I haven't read the details) But that doesn't look overly impressive, interesting, etc. Oh well. We'll see.

I take it you never grew up with playstation?

Because people like me and other's who want to be on #TEAMREAL#hOLLYSHIT#IT'SHAPPENING.

Mainly because we grew up with Playstation, and them bringing back a PS1 game that was a fan favorite, makes us wonder what else are they reviving.

Vire

Why fake this? It's way more effort than a quick Photoshop for internet laughs/points. The whole thing is modelled, textured, lit, and animated.

Often times things like this are made for school projects or demo reels for aspiring artists. They aren't purposeless.

So with the advent of possible new gen Medieval hype, has the PS4 usebase finally given up the ghost on The Last Guardian ever existing?

2thepoint

I take it you never grew up with playstation?

Because people like me and other's who want to be on #TEAMREAL#hOLLYSHIT#IT'SHAPPENING.

Mainly because we grew up with Playstation, and them bringing back a PS1 game that was a fan favorite, makes us wonder what else are they reviving.

I demand Wipeout.

Demand it!!!!

BLUE_EYES, leak that.

Please?!?

Maximo

Never underestimate a dedicated Fan or someone who just wants to see the world burn.

Shouldn't you be working on your next album instead of posting on GAF, Leona?
Don't forget to purchase new lead single "Fire Under My Feet" slated to premiere on iTunes this Monday!

I only played the PSP remake and was thoroughly unimpressed. Hopefully what we get is more of a Warhawk-esque reimagining than an outdated nostalgia grab.

All 4 seconds of footage? lol

I think this is real. I'm loving this thread by the way... leaks are more exciting than actual reveals, because you get to investigate, speculate, pick a side etc. Throw in some insults, insider drive bys, gifs, and the leaker watching GAF in real time and it makes for a highly entertaning thread.

Hoje0308

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, this is fake and TLG is dead and in hell. I would love to see TLG and MidiEvil could be cool, but I refuse to get on any hype train that doesn't involve Fallout 4 or DOOM.

I don't even think 1/10 of the PS4 fanbase even knows what a MediEvil is.

Sadly, this is likely true. Fortunately 5 times that eagerly awaits the return of Legend of Dragoon

As far as I'm concerned, this is fake and TLG is dead and in hell. I would love to see TLG and MidiEvil could be cool, but I refuse to get on any hype train that doesn't involve Fallout 4 or DOOM.

You're a heretic and a nonbeliever. TLG will come. It will be glorious.

2thepoint

Ahahahha.

That Hell part really made me larf.

Evilisk

#TeamFake

I don't believe it's real, y'all are underestimating the lengths fans would go to for things they love

I'd even avatar bet on it

MediEvil fans in this thread like

117262-there-are-dozens-of-us-DOZENS-8xtm.gif

I beat both games but I don't remember shit since I was like 8 at the time. I don't deserve to be here.

How many times do they have to say that game is still in production for people to get that IT STILL EXISTS?

The nonbelievers won't believe. Not even after I flaunt my platinum trophy. Their lack of faith has been cemented by the heartbreak and pain of the wait without any visual morsels to quell their hunger

Top Bottom