• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zeopower6

Well, usually film screeners have that kind of watermark on them. I imagine it's similar for confidential trailers.

Though, even on #TeamReal, this is probably a fake because, you know, the gaming industry in general and how it has a great habit of dashing our hopes

dmr87

Anyone who has seen confidential trailers before, is this watermark consistent with them?

imwXjQs.png

At least it says Europe, we like to leak over here.

Zetta

Welp if this is real them hellllll yeah its about time. If its fake though, I have my pitchfork and torch ready to find the culprit.

Adachi

Banned
The watermark is SCEE, so probably Cambridge. The series original creators.
Well that job listing that was found a couple months ago said that they are working on new in entry in a multi million seller franchise, did MediEvil do that well?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sony has been on the mark with most things recently, so I lean toward yes. My hype would be through the roof.

sn00zer

Can we please focus on the only good thing to come out of this thread which was a suggestion for MediEvil themed Bloodborne DLC

Dex815

Do you really think that someone would leak something from Sony identifying himself and linking it to Yosp? It's a nice way to get a lawsuit.

To me it looks like some good models and simple animations exported to UE4 with lots of post processing for the bells and whistles.

ZarKryn7

1.)it doesn't matter if its irrelevant, seeing how Sony is doing with the ps4, they have better chances of making old PS1 IPs relevant and profitable. Its all about how they market it.

.2) I'm on neither sides. I wanna see more of these alleged leaks before I jump the gun.

Well that job listing that was found a couple months ago said that they are working on new in entry in a multi million seller franchise, did MediEvil do that well?

according to everyone's favorite sales site:

MediEvil = .83m
MediEvil2 = .38m
MediEvil:R= .81m

DNAbro

Do you really think that someone would leak something from Sony identifying himself and linking it to Yosp? It's a nice way to get a lawsuit.

To me it looks like some good models and simple animations exported to UE4 with lots of post processing for the bells and whistles.

I mean as long has they didn't sign an NDA it's alright i believe.

like when Kotaku leaked the new Assassin's creed, I'm sure Ubisoft was pissed but they can't do anything.

Hexa

The watermark is SCEE, so probably Cambridge. The series original creators.

Doubt its Cambridge. They got renamed Guerrilla so they could work on Killzone, and with Amsterdam doing a new IP they've pretty much got to as Sony's definitely going to keep someone working on Killzone.
My best bet is that it's an XDEV/indie dev. Sort of like the Shadow of the Beast revival.

That walking animation looks awfully janky. I would love for this to be real but I highly doubt it isn't a fake.

Bravo though to the guy or gal who made this. Its a pretty nice fake that they put actual work into

Adachi

Banned
Can we please focus on the only good thing to come out of this thread which was a suggestion for MediEvil themed Bloodborne DLC

But I don't want this to be the DLC for Bloodborne (at least not the only one), I want more of that world and lore man.

I only said it as a joke. :D

Seik

Banned
I can stand behind this.

I mean there's 'Confidential property of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Do not distribute.' down there, IT GOTTA BE REAL, RIGHT?

Please...be real.

EDIT: ALSOOOOOOooooooo, that post down there.

kSl03UD.png

From PS All-Stars

"While he hopes this will be the last time he is called back to duty... Deep in his... gallant heart..."

Maybe the game has been in development for a while now?

Exactly. It's us that blow it up. The best is when we hype up E3 insider shit and nothing ever happens, and then people are disappointed over nothing concrete.

Nothing will ever change. That's why you keep expectations low, so that in the rare case something is legit, then you can just shrug it off and keep waiting.

Top Bottom