• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The OP didn't say anything about it being Wii Ware only.

I would guess it will come to PSN/Live

Pureauthor said:
Sorry, only one tired platformer franchise is allowed in this thread. :p

The scans are probably splashed across every Mega Man fansite by now. Go search the web.

I'm very sorry if I sounded offensive for doubting you, it's just this is such big news and it came virtually out of nowhere! :p

I trust you. :)

Brobzoid said:
hopefully this will get a psn release as well... and I hope they go a little retro, not only in graphical style, but in gameplay elements too.

Well the game is supposed to be multi platform I guess it will be released on XBL/PSN and Wiiware.

A PSN/PSP version would be pretty nice too <3

Hero of legend said:
I'm very sorry if I sounded offensive for doubting you, it's just this is such big news and it came virtually out of nowhere! :p

I trust you. :)

I'm a humongous MM fan. I wouldn't post this if I thought it was fishy.

Edit: Haha at thread title change. Also, guess a Wii's in the future for me.

Perdew

Are there any screenshots in there? My little brother still has a subscription so I'll see it soon enough but WOW I'm anxious.

mollipen

Wait, are the graphics really 8-bit style? Oh lord please say so, because that's the only kind of Mega Man I can stand to look at (beyond Legends).

Edit: Found the scans. OH. HELL. YEAH.

CAPCOM has said time and time again there titles from now on will for the most part be multiplat form... so we should see PSN/XBLA sku's

The only scans I've seen have been rather small so it's hard to tell, but the article is covered with old Megaman sprites. Like, the actual old ones. And it looks to be the same in the screenshots.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ho ho ho, it really IS oldschool Megaman. That looks awesome. I so can't wait.

Wonder if the music will be 8-bit or something a little bit better?

TunaLover

I suposse Wii owners past all the test :D

I love you Capcom.

The sprites are the same on NES?, it could a bit dated, animation wise thought.

Teknoman

Holy crap...there are screens, but yeah they do look just like the NES games.

I like 8-bit and all...but it would've been nice if it looked like Megaman 8 at least.

JonathanEx said:
The only scans I've seen have been rather small so it's hard to tell, but the article is covered with old Megaman sprites. Like, the actual old ones. And it looks to be the same in the screenshots.

The fact that they're showing scenes that never occurred in any of the first 6 MM games is pretty telling, you know.

Pureauthor said:
The fact that they're showing scenes that never occurred in any of the first 6 MM games is pretty telling, you know.
They're small and I'm no expert. I assumed they're new, but didn't know 100%.

J-Rock

Banned
Splash Women?
Splash-movie-03-1.jpg

Isn't wiiware a system designed for unique offerings that are Wii specific? That may give clues about exclusivity, although it would surprise me if they made this exclusive.

ksamedi

Great news, I hope this is pointer controlled. If its multiplatform than I will buy the PS3 version but if its pointer controlled on Wiiware I will probably buy the Wiiware version (and maybe the PS3 version as well :p).

what the hell is a plug man btw :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just saw scans...

Yes, it looks exactly like the NES megamans :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom