• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Music - Twenty Years of Auditory Excellence (Appreciation Thread)

Back in 1987, a little game called Mega Man was released, featuring (in NA, anyway) some of the worst boxart ever known to man. Over the years seemingly countless sequels and spinoffs have been released, often on a yearly basis, and more often than not they've been quality outings, although with such a large volume of releases it was inevitable that some stuff... was not so good.

Anyway! Along with the vast assortment of games came music, and what music it was. Capcom, as a company, has extremely good musicians working for them, and when it comes to the bright blue mascot (and his various incarnations over the years), it's proven no exception. From the 8-bit tunes of the NES Mega Man games to the rock-infused music of Mega Man X8 to the remastered tracks of the GBA and DS games, it's been a long, wild and wonderful ride.

Hence this thread. Mega Man and music have always made good partners, so let's get to listening!

(The tracks in here apparently need to be saved to your computer before they'll work. Sorry, but this was the most complete collection of Mega Man music I could find.)

Mega Man Classic:

605px-CPCA-1064-60-front.jpg

Mega Man 1:

The beginning of a modern legend. The most memorable stuff here is found in the 6 Robot Master's stages, of course. My personal favourites are Elec Man and Cut Man's stage, although Ice Man and Fire Man put up strong showings too.

Cut Man
Elec Man
Bomb Man
Fire Man
Ice Man

Mega Man 2:

What can I say about this that hasn't already been said? Best NES music, single best music track ever, etc, etc. This is perhaps the only times in gaming I can recall when every single significant track (the title screen, the password, the stages, etc) was all awesome. My personal favourites are the Opening, Bubble Man, Flash Man, and (of course) Dr Wily Stage 1

Title Screen
Metal Man
Bubble Man
Flash man
Wood Man
Dr. Wily Stage 1
Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Rock remix)
Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Techno remix)
Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Iwao-ni remix)

Mega Man 3:

If there's another NES Mega Man game that stands as a rival to Mega Man 2, it's Mega Man 3. The individual tunes are of a less distinct flavour from Mega Man 2, perhaps because the game's Robot Masters themselves don't fall into the vastly disparate and standard types like fire and ice as much. Still, they're extremely strong showings. My favourites are Snake Man, Spark Man, Dr Wily Stage 1 (again!), and Theme of Blues.

Snake Man
Spark man
Shadow Man
Dr. Wily Stage 1
Ending - Theme of Blues

Mega Man 4:

While overall not as strong as its predecessors, Mega Man 4 still had a few gems to offer. In particular I'm fond of Skull Man and Dr Cossack Stage 2.
Pharoah Man
Dive Man
Skull Man
Dr. Cossack Stage 2

Mega Man 5:

Of the fakeouts that came after Mega Man 2, I consider this the best one. Dark Man's whistle was just a bit lower in tone than Proto Man's, and the music stayed as driving and upbeat as ever. I'm fond of Gyro Man, Napalm Man, and Dark Man Stage. (And no, I don't see why everyone loves Crystal Man so much).

Gyro Man
Napalm man
Dark Man

Mega Man 6:

Of the fakeouts that came after Mega Man 2, I consider this the worst one. Sadly, the music in here isn't very good as a whole, either. I really liked Blizzard Man's music, though.

Blizzard Man
Yamato Man
Mr. X Stage

Mega Man 7:

Mega Man 7 holds the dubious distinction of having Mega Man only able to fire two shots at a time on the screen. Also the first Mega Man Classic game to feature an opening stage. (Let's ignore that sorry excuse for a PC game, shall we?). The music here is really good - unfortunately the soundtrack released by Capcom has some glitches in it. Oh well. I really like a large number of tracks in this game, like Freeze Man, Cloud Man, Slash Man, Shade Man, and the Opening Stage. And of course - Theme of Forte. (BTW, the Museum stage is a remix of Snake Man's theme. Cute touch.)

Opening Stage
Freeze Man
Cloud Man
Museum
Slash Man
Shade Man
Theme of Forte

Mega Man 8:

The music here really went in a new direction, I feel. It's a whole lot more mellow and atmospheric - and it works! This stands as my overall second favourite soundtrack of the Classic games, behind only the unbeatable Mega Man 2. Of course, this might just be nostalgia talking, since Mega Man 8 was the first Mega Man game I ever beat. Enh. Oh, and best Stage Select music ever. EVER.

Stage Select
Opening Stage
Frost Man
Clown Man
Tengu Man
Midway Stage - Theme of Duo
Sword Man
*name removed due to copyright violation* :p
Astro Man
Dr. Wily Stage 1
Dr. Wily Stage 2
(Yes, I listed practically every stage in the game. You got a problem with that?)

Mega Man and Bass:

The game was designed for Bass, frankly. And, of course, it had perhaps the most insane single fortress level in a Mega Man game. 5 bosses in a single stage. Yow. I'm fond of Cold Man, Pirate Man, Burner Man, Magic Man, and King's Fortress Stage.

Cold Man
Pirate Man
Burner Man
Magic Man
King's Fortress Level

Mega Man V:

This little handheld game was unique in several ways. It's the only GB game to use all new bosses (Stardroids, they were called), the only game where Mega Man replaces his Mega Buster with a Mega Arm, and the only Classic series game where Wily is not the Final Boss. Whoa. Serves up a few great tunes here too.

Venus
Mars
Saturn
Pluto

Mega Man X:

607px-CPCA-10115-front.jpg

Mega Man X1:

Taking the series in a bold new direction, several things still stayed comfortably familiar. You still had a blue dude running around blowing stuff up, you still had eight bosses (although now sporting an animal motif) before the big bad boss. And... the music was still awesome.

Oh, boy, was the music ever awesome.

Opening Stage
Theme of Zero
Sting Chameleon
Spark Mandrill
Storm Eagle
Sigma Stage 1

Mega Man X2:

Nothing really much to say. Music-wise, it serves to continue the driving, rock music of MMX1. My personal favourites are Bubble Crab, Wheel Alligator, and X Hunter Stage 1.

Bubble Crab
Wheel Alligator
X Hunter Stage 1

Mega Man X3:

Once again - nothing much to say that hasn't been said. I do think that out of the three SNES X games, this has the weakest soundtrack. Oh, well. I rate Blizzard Buffalo, Acid Seahorse, and Scissors Shrimp highly.

Blizzard Buffalo
Acid Seahorse
Crush Crawfish

Mega Man X4:

I'm going to commit blasphemy here by saying I think X4's soundtrack is the overall best of the Mega Man X games. I like most, if not all, of the stage musics, and it has awesome battle themes as well.

Stage Select
Opening Stage X
Cyber Peacock
Storm Owl
Magma Dragoon
Jet Stingray (Looks more like a hippo to me...)
Frost Walrus
Stage Clear X (Yeah, it's awesome enough to deserve a spot. Whaddya gonna do?)
Get a Weapon (As is this.)
Boss Battle - Colonel and General
Final Weapon Stage 2
Boss Battle - Iris (What am I... Nah. Forget it.)
Sigma 2nd

Mega Man X5:

Weaker overall soundtrack than X4, but it's still made awesome if only for the inclusion of X vs Zero. Also marks the first time in Mega Man X history where the Japanese names make more sense than the english one. For that reason alone I'm sticking with the Japanese ones.

Stage Start
Crescent Grizzly
Volt Kraken
Shining Hotarunicus
Duff McWhaleen (Yes, I know I said I was using the Japanese names. But this is just too awesome.)
Spike Rosered
Dynamo
Boss Battle
Zero Stage 1
Zero Stage 2
X vs. Zero (Best track in the game)

Mega Man X6:

This was a slapped together rushjob of a game - and it shows. What's amazing is that the successor of this game was even worse. Through it all, however, they still managed to eke out a fair number of enjoyable tunes. Also, I think at this point they said 'screw it' and made the Japanese and English names the same. Go figure.

Commander Yanmark
Shieldner Sheldon
Blizzard Wolfang
Infinity Mijinion
Boss Battle - Gate

Mega Man X7:

Can you hear me, Axl?BURNBURNBURNTOTHEBURNTOTHEGROUNDWHOOOBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNBURNWHOOBURNBURNTOTHEBURNBURNTOTHECan you hear me, Axl?BURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNWHOOBURNTOTHEBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNBURNBURNTOTHEWHOOBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDCan you hear me, Axl?BURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUND

Burning Water - Flame Hyenard's Stage
Decisive Battle - vs. Boss

Mega Man X8:

Somehow, somehow Capcom managed to claw its way back out of the abyss to deliver a fitting sendoff to the Mega Man X series. Fitting, that is, in all but sound. I'm sorry, but the vast majority of MMX8's (humongous) soundtrack does absolutely nothing for me. In fact, the only theme I really like to listen to here is Jakob.

Jakob

Mega Man X Command Mission:

A... Mega Man X RPG? Wha-? Well, it was okay for a first outing - I far prefer the MMBN series. If you want my opinion, they'd best serve the series by doing a more Valkyrie Profile style of game. Well, they gave us some strong tunes to listen to, at the least.

Standby, Zero
Me, Axel
Massimo of Steel
Pleasant Thief Marino
Energy of the Unknown
Event Battle
Deteriorated Stronghold
Certain Victory! Ninetails

Mega Man Zero

598px-INTIR-001-front.jpg

Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero

Starting with Mega Man Zero and continuing on with the ZX series, Capcom released a series of CDs for each individual game, containing all the music in the game completely remade, along with audio acting of important scenes in the game. (The covers of all the CDs also look ten times better than any Mega Man boxart in recent memory. Go figure.) It's these 'Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero' that I'm linking to here, in case you don't know. And now The Mega Man Network's added the OST for Zero 1-3. How nice.

Anyway RTRZ1 is the weakest overall of the four Zero soundtracks. Not to say it's bad in and of itself, it's just that the others are better.

Theme of Zero
Resistance
Express UG
Neo Arcadia
For Endless Fight

Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero - Idea

Starting from RTRZ-Idea, the arrangements started taking on more of their own flavour.

For Endless Fight II
Departure - Opening Stage
Crash II (Of the 4 Crash remixes, I consider this one the best.)
X, the Legend (For some inexplicable reason, X, the Legend makes an appearance in here instead of the first RTRZ. Go figure.)
Neo Arcadia II
Passionate
Combustion - Theme of Elpis
Silver Wolf -Yggr-drasil
Boss Battle - Supreme Ruler
The Last - The Wish Punished

Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero - Telos

Heh. Mega Man Zero's soundtracks just keep getting better. RTRZ - Telos is third in the series, and enhances all the already-great tracks from Mega Man Zero 3. Some people have their quirks with a few of the remastered tracks - in particular, they say 'Hell's Gate Open' and 'Scrapped Beat' could have been better, but I like 'em, myself.

Exiled One -Omega-
Boss Battle - Omega Battle
Curse of Vile (This is the greatest naming and renaming screw up in Mega Man history, if you want my opinion.)
Prismatic
Cold Smile
Hell's Gate Open
Boss Battle - Scrapped Beat
Boss Battle - Judgement Day
Boss Battle - Cannon Ball

Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero - Physis

Last of the Remastered series, 'RTRZ - Physis' harkens back to the rock days of Mega Man X. I was a bit taken aback the first time I heard the remastered Nothing Beats, but it's grown on me. All hail the only completed Mega Man series to never have had a bad game in its entire lineup.

Caravan - Hope for Freedom -
Boss Battle - Nothing Beats
Holy Land
Esperanto
Kraft
Exodus
Crossover Station
Cyber Space
Fate - Theme of Vile -
Boss Battle - Falling Down

Mega Man ZX

INTIR-0089-front.jpg

ZX Tunes

RTRZ may have ended, but its spiritual successor, the 'Tunes' series, has thus far proven itself to be no slouch. It’s pretty much acknowledged across the fanbase that ZX isn’t as good as the Zero series, but the music is as stellar as ever.

Awake - Theme of Girouette
Green Grass Gradation
En-trance Code
Brilliant Show Window
Brilliant Show Window – Shooter Trance remix
Cinq Ville c’est notre espoir
Sky High – Grand Nuage –
Dance-macabre
Boss Battle - Rockin’ On
Snake Eyes

ZXA Tunes

Can I just say this now? Just to get it out of the way:

ZX ADVENT’S SOUNDTRACK IS COMPLETELY AWESOME

There. I’ve gotten it out of my system. Now, on to me gushing over an embarrassingly large number of songs from ZXA.

Through the Lightning
Boss Battle – Slam Down
Twisted Vine
Bullet Drive
In the Wind
Overloaded
Rush Trash Squash
Evil Heritage
Oriental Sentinels
Organic Line
Path to the Truth
Prometheus and Pandora battle - Trap Phantasm (So. Awesome.)
Destiny
Drifting Floe
Whisper of Relics
United Forces
Boss Battle – Soul Ablaze (You know, I was thinking that every video game ever created should have this as their final boss music. Even if they don’t have final bosses. Or bosses. Or anything at all, really. It’s just that awesome.)
Rockman a (antique) Remix (It’s Green Grass Gradation and Rockin’ On redone to 8-bit.)

(…Told you it was embarrassingly large.)

Mega Man Legends

Mega_man_legends_CPCA1003.jpg

Mega Man Legends 1

I have an enormous love for Mega Man Legends… however, the same cannot be said of the music as a whole. There are a few standout tracks, but, well, most of it is rather bland – and that’s when it’s not depressingly empty. I guess that comes with the job of hunting through abandoned ruins, but enh.

We are the 3 Bonne Brothers (Why is it 3 ‘brothers’? You guess is as good as mine.)
The Flutter
Flutter vs. the Gessellschaft

Mega Man Legends 2

Mega Man Legends 2 boasted a far larger soundtrack than Mega Man Legends 1. Was it better? Quite a bit – and yet… and yet… it’s still not quite there.

The Title
Flutter Theme
Yosyonke Town
Calinca Tundra
Calinca Tundra with Reaver (I have a love for the above two tracks that is vastly disproportionate with their actual quality. I don’t know why.)
Abandoned Mine
Calinca Ruins
Manda Island Theme
Bola’s Theme
Ruminoa City
Glyde’s Attack

The Misdaventures of Tron Bonne

A few strong tracks here and there, but overall still not as good as any of the 2D series. Oh well.

Glyde’s Theme
Kobun Theme (Kobuns are apparently the Japanese name for Servbots)
Denise Marmalade’s Theme
Gesellschaft – 1 million zenny

Mega Man Battle Network

CPCA-101102B1-front.jpg

Mega Man Battle Network 1

Moving away from the universe we know and love so well, we enter an alternate dimension where advanced Tamagotchis are the primary focus of scientific development. Who would’ve guessed? Anyway, MMBN1 had some nice themes, but nothing too memorable – not against the series’ best, anyway. Wait, check that – it has one theme that’s great… but it was kinda redone better later on. So, yeah.

Home Town
RUNNING THROUGH THE CYBER WORLD
Operation!

Mega Man Battle Network 2

It’s a debate whether or not MMBN2 or 3 was more broken. MMBN2 has the ever-lovable Gater, but MMBN3 has Foldrbak, so… yeah. It’s sort of a debate whether MMBN2 or 3’s music is better, too – they’re both superb.

At Okuden
Alley
Determination in the Heart
Proof of Courage
YOU CAN’T GO BACK
INTERNET WORLD
AND YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH
Virus Busting
Battle Spirit
Vs. Gospel

Mega Man Battle Network 3

And the start of Capcom’s attempt to appeal to the Pokemon crowd by offering multiple versions. >_>

Sea Breeze Town
Scientific Forefront
MAZE OF WILDNESS
FINAL TRANSMISSION
NETWORK IS SPREADING
DANGEROUS BLACK
SHINE IN THE DARK
Boss Battle!

Mega Man Battle Network 4

Whaddya know – worst game in the series, worst soundtrack in the series. Also staring from here they dropped their odd convention of putting network themes in ALL CAPS.

Invisible Wing
Global Network

Mega Man Battle Network 5

People who hate Liberation Missions are the same people who just suck at MMBN games. Soundtrack rivals 2 and 3.

*thinks about it a bit more*

I like it more than MMBN 2 and 3. But dem’s the breaks.

Theme of Nebula
Scientific Forefront
Seek a Cord
Battle Start!
Network Space
Liberate Mission
Powerful Enemy
Depth (Best Undernet theme in the entire series? Yes indeedy.)
You’re not alone!
Vs. Nebula Gray (Superb track. And…)
Vs. Nebula Gray (DS remix) (The DS remix is even better!)

Mega Man Battle Network 6

And our farewell to the world of the digital Blue Bomber comes with a helping of great tunes. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Central Town
Saiba Academy
Seaside Town
Battle Field
Sky Town
Promise
Hero!
Future

Mega Man Network Transmission:

Enh. The game wasn't too good. A shame, since there's some really great music here.

Game Center - Colorman Stage
Power Plant - Elecman Stage
Old Generation Area - Swordman Stage
Zero Gravity Area - Starman stage
Legendary WWW Area - Pharoahman Stage

(X)(X)(X)

And there you have it. Twenty years of Mega Man’s musical best. (Well, from my viewpoint, anyway. Or should that be hearpoint?) You’ll note I’ve not included tracks from Mega Man Star Force (Ryusei no Rockman). Well, I did so for the very excellent reason that I’ve yet to play them. Lots of other games are missing too, like Command Mission (well, not any more) and the old spinoffs like Mega Man Soccer. But I hope that what I’ve put up here is to your liking.

Full credit goes to The Mega Man Network’s Music Archive. Practically every song comes from there (with the exception of the Legends stuff. That’s from Galbadia Hotel.) There’s some stuff like fan remixes that I neglected to post up here. Go check it out if you ever have the time.

Well, that’s about all I have to say, except for one last thing:

Rock on, Blue Bomber. Rock on.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The first three Mega Mans have some of the best music in the history of games.

bounchfx

<3 <3 <3 megaman music

++

however, after listening to a bunch of this, I still find the NES/SNES ones to have the best music.

nubbe

I used to turn on my SNES and idle on Storm Eagles stage to listen to the music when I was a kid.
Even if I don't like the gameplay much in X6 it has some of my favorite tunes.

Enk

makes good threads.
mm_11.jpg

No Bombman love??? For some reason Bombman is always the song that I associate with Mega Man. Maybe because he was the first boss I ever challenged. Too bad they screwed up his stage in Powered Up.

Love this remix:
Set Me Up the Bombman

Excellent thread by the way!

MutFox

Banned
All the music from Mega Man 2 is awesome.

Probably up there as one of the great, if not best 8-bit soundtracks.

Pureauthor said:
I just realized I spent 4 hours on this thread.

Now just consider all the time that GAFers are going to spend downloading and listening to all the sweet music in this thread. So for myself I'll go ahead and say thanks for the work that you did on an excellent thread. Now it's Bubbleman time...

This is an awesome thread, and one that should be referenced every time we have a Mega Man music thread. And we do have a lot of 'em!

Naka

WhatRuOn said:
Your are a god among men.

Agreed. Thanks OP this is an awesome thread. I am a game music nut so when I see threads like this with as much effort as you have put in I can really appreciate it. Awesome job!

M3wThr33

Banned
MM2-Wily's Castle 1 is my favorite of all time, bar none. But I do love the remixed themes that pop up in MMBN sometimes.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
If I may be an annoying pedant, you can, in fact, fire three shots at a time in Mega Man 7. However, charged shots only inflict two units of damage on Robot Masters instead of three. Maybe you got confused. *Shrugs*

Anyway, this is a superb thread. Mega Man is one of the most musically proficient video game series. I guess when half of your characters are named after musical terms, the songs can't help but be good.

Cut Man is my all-time favourite Mega Man song, followed by the intro stage music in Mega Man X and Snake Man in Mega Man 3.

awesome thread.

i thought this was going to only about the 8-bit games only but the OP really went all out.

i personally didn't like the atmospheric direction the music took after MM8. then the X games followed suit at some point iirc. it really took the fun out of it for me

Nightz

I was just thinking about Mega Man music the other day, so I must say this is an awesome thread. Thanks for all the work you put into it. :D

Ceb

I'm pretty indifferent about all regular Mega Man games post MM3, so I hadn't heard Blizzard Man's theme before. Excellent stuff!

A lot of Mega Man songs are pretty unique in how they combine chirpy sounds with a somber, post-apocalyptic feel.

PureAuthor said:
(BTW, the Museum stage is a remix of Snake Man's theme. Cute touch.)

What's up with not giving a nod to poor Guts Man? :(

Sciz

Excellent, excellent thread.

Lots of other games are missing too, like Command Mission and the old spinoffs like Mega Man Soccer. But I hope that what I’ve put up here is to your liking.

I'd at least add Rockman & Forte. It may not be a numbered title, but the gameplay and soundtrack can easily stand up alongside the rest of the Classic series.

Iam Canadian

Speaking of Command Mission, it was actually a surprisingly decent game. It was a pretty shallow RPG but it had a fun enough battle system, despite the plot, which reached Treasure levels of weirdness by the end. Nice music, too. The character themes were all pretty good.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
awesome thread

MM2, MM3, MMX, MMX4, MMZ2, MMZ3, MMZ4 are my favorite.

Link1110

Jet Stingray (Looks more like a hippo to me...)
And his "Yeah" always reminds me of Kramer

Duff McWhaleen (Yes, I know I said I was using the Japanese names. But this is just too awesome.)
My favorite from that game. I wasn't expecting a remix of Bubble Crab there, and it was so awesome.

Can you hear me, Axl?BURNBURNBURNTOTHEBURNTOTHEGROUNDWHOOOBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNBURNWHOOBURNBUR NTOTHEBURNBURNTOTHECan you hear me, Axl?BURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNWHOOBURNTOTHEBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNBURNBURNBURN TOTHEWHOOBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBUR NBURNBURNTOTHEGROUNDCan you hear me, Axl?BURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOBURNBURNBURNTOTHEGROUND
Star Ocean 2 nostalgia actually made this enjoyable for me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Zero remastered albums are f'n badass.

edit: no Ice Brain for Zero 2? the fuck :p

giggas

Wow, awesome/amazing/boner inducing thread of greatness. Thanks for this one.

I gotta say, MM2 has hands down the best tunes, followed up by MM3 and MMX1. Lots of Mega Man love around GAF as of late.

edit: Holy crap, I forgot how awesome the music is in MMX4.

Teknoman

Hey where's Megaman Battle Network Transmission in all this? That game actually had some nice stage music: Fire Man, Needle Man, Bright Man, Elec Man, Zero's area, The boss themes, and the Internet area were pretty catchy.

Also needs more Wood Man and Shadow Man. But yeah, Snake Man was really nice.

Respect for this thread. Thanks!

The Op speaks the truth. The first bunch of megaman games especially had amazing music! Note that the first bunch of gameboy versions also had cool music (except for 2 though)

Iam Canadian

Teknoman said:
Hey where's Megaman Battle Network Transmission in all this? That game actually had some nice stage music...

Network Transmission had some nice tunes, but it needed more remixes of classic Mega Man songs. The Fire Man remix in the Fire Man.EXE stage was completely awesome and took me by surprise, seeing as I didn't expect any classic series songs in there.

Lynnfire

FYI, there were actually 2 versions of the Megaman X3 soundtrack: the original snes version soundtrack, and the remixed soundtrack on the psone version of the game. I prefer the snes version, as it keeps more towards the direction of the music in X1 and X2. More grittier and hard/electric rock style. There are a few good tunes on the remixed soundtrack, though.

I can't find any versions of the remixed songs, but Ill keep looking a bit longer before I get too sleepy.

GCQuinton

Enk

makes good threads.
Full on Mega Man Powered Up Theme

Construction Theme

Probably the best new theme to come out of the Mega Man series recently. It really suprised me on how much the core theme fits into the original game's vibe. Would love to hear an 8bit verion of this. I also really liked the gradual build of the theme when in Construction Mode. It made creating levels so EXCITING! Can't really say the same about the themes for Oil Man and Time Man as their music felt more suited for the later Mega Man games.

bluemax

Banned
I disagree with your assessment of Mega Man 6. The Wily Levels in that game are bad ass.

Best Rush enhancements as well.

This thread reminds me that I want to get back to replaying all the MM games. I got busy with school once I hit MMX3.

ant1532

Banned
Best thread of 08' by far.

<3 <3 <3

ps. You should put up the title screen music for the BN games. They first 3 are ridiculous.

Teknoman

Enk said:
Full on Mega Man Powered Up Theme

Construction Theme

Probably the best new theme to come out of the Mega Man series recently. It really suprised me on how much the core theme fits into the original game's vibe. Would love to hear an 8bit verion of this. I also really liked the gradual build of the theme when in Construction Mode. It made creating levels so EXCITING! Can't really say the same about the themes for Oil Man and Time Man as their music felt more suited for the later Mega Man games.

Agreed the intro stage of powered up was really nice. Really made me think "Now THIS is a Megaman game". Really liked Time Man, but it had that MM7-8 style.

I wonder if those "Neo Gaf plays" topics would work with Megaman classic and X games (preferably the games availible through both collection discs).

Top Bottom