• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X6 - Nightmares of Reploid

RK128

latest

This game in the Mega Man Retrospective continues the Mega Man X series despite X5 originally being the final game in the series. Unlike X4 and X5 which got enough time to be made, X6 only got under a year to be produced.

Does the story make sense considering X5's ending? Is the game enjoyable despite its rushed nature? Is it REALLY as bad as some of the weakest games on the market?

All will be answered here hopefully and while I might not be the most positive with this one, I hope you still enjoy reading my Retrospective on the title!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Development on Mega Man X6 started not long after work on X5 wrapped up and most of the same team worked on that game but with a much tighter work load.

Director - Koji Ohkohara
Designer - Toyozumi Sakai
Artist - Haruki Suetsugu
Composer - Naoto Tanaka

This game was infamous for how it was produced behind the back of Inafune, who was at the time Mega Man series producer and his comment on the game follows: "And so I’d always planned to make Zero come back to life in the Mega Man Zero series, but then X6 comes out sooner from another division and Zero comes back to life in that, and I’m like, 'What’s this!? Now my story for Zero doesn’t make sense! Zero’s been brought back to life two times!'"

He was flabbergasted with X6 being made and wanted to make up for fans for the title with pushing Inti-Crates to ensure MM Zero is strong title. Artist Hauki Suetsugu, someone who worked on past MMX PS1 titles, also cites rough working conditions when making the game. This lead him to design the Mavericks of the game to be more 'simple' compared to past MMX games.

mmx6_mavericks_by_deityofshadows.jpg

*Image made by deityofshadows on DeviantArt

The last bit of info is that the game was completely voice acted in JP for all regions and it even kept the J-Pop intro song many PS1 Mega Man games had in the JP version but got gutted in the localized version.

maxresdefault.jpg

X6 released in November in Japan, with December & February releases in NA and EU following after. It got meet mixed reception with a few positive reviews thrown into the mix. IGN gave the game an 8/10 while EGM gave it a 3.5/10 for example.

The story of MMX6 is odd, as it is a mix of the two endings of MMX5. You have the good ending being used to show that X and the other hunters continue fighting on despite Zero's death but you have the bad endings impact on the Earth be present.

gfs_44349_1_4.jpg

So the game opens two weeks (instead of two years) after the events of MMX5 with Zero still being dead and Earth being heavily damaged from the impact of the Eurasia Colony. X is sent to take out a Maverick in the crash site while seeing Zero land the final blow.

A robot called High Max, looking for the 'Zero Nightmare' and after a fight with X, both it and X warp elsewhere. We later see a Reploid called Isoc (who is NOT Dr. Wily in robot form) telling everyone that they are in charge of repairing the Earth and are looking for researchers to help find out what is going on.

latest

X and the Maverick Hunters don't by this and start going to where eight of the researchers are located to check up on them and see what this 'Zero Nightmare' really is. The overall plot is......meh to be honest though, the translation is the highlight here.

After my enjoyment of SAO: Hollow Fragment on my Vita, I get a kick out of Engerish and badly translated games sometimes, so seeing this game being riddled with them was funny! Here is exactly, line-from-line, not joking here, an exchange between Zero and Dr. Light's Armor AI:
Light: "Zero, I'm glad to see again"
Zero: "I will never die....."

Or here is one between X and Zero after X finds Zero alive:
X: "How did you come back?!
Zero: "I hid myself to repair myself"

Shakespearean works of art, I must say. To be serious, I should be mad with this as no other X game had this level of badly translated writing but like the bad voice acting in X4 and MM8, I just can't help but chuckle at this.

Story does touch on interesting things, like Isoc being heavily implied to be a robot version of Dr. Wily and getting a bit of Aila's life outside of being a navigator for the Maverick Hunters via Gate but otherwise, its not that interesting overall.

latest

Gameplay here.....well I will be cutting this into three parts; core gameplay, level design & the Nightmare system.

Gameplay is more Mega Man X, with X having his Falcon Armor from the start while Zero being unlocked via special gate in any of the levels (after you take down the Zero Nightmare boss). X is fun to play as and Zero is very overpowered, making him a joy to play as. The only major inclusion here is that X can use the Z-Saber and that Zero has his Z-Buster from the start when you unlock him.

Levels are built in mind for Zero instead of X this time though, which I will be touching on soon enough. But for now, lets just say Zero deals with the least amount of annoying things here.

We also have hostages returning from X5 and they are a large mechanic here; you NEED the parts they offer you like Speedster, Armor Defense (which increases your invincibility frames when hit) and Higher Jump (X NEEDS this) to get everything in the game and when Nightmare creatures touch a hostage, they are gone for good.

latest

Even if you go back to the level, they are still 'gone'. So reset your game when this happens. Otherwise, the only thing to comment on is weapon abilities/armors and Zero has a few good tools here. You have a strong screen nuke attack and a powerful super fast spin attack are great additions to Zero's line up. X has some good tools as well, with two new armors that allow him to become a ninja (shooting shurikins) and one that lets him use the Z-Saber more.....but its best you stick with the Falcon Armor.

latest

Overall, the gameplay here is fine enough and if you enjoyed past X games, you will have fun here......as long as you put in the cheat codes for Ultimate Armor X and Black Armor Zero. Will explain why in the level design portion.

Level design....where to begin? Okay, lets start with the good. Some of the levels present fun gimmicks that I enjoyed. You have the ice level with walls you cannot cling/jump off of and that was a nice deviation from how things are in most X titles.

I also liked the acid rain gimmick in one of the stages, as you are pushed to get things done super fast and the game is somewhat fair with health re-store stations if you have low health.

hqdefault.jpg

Also like the idea behind the dual-level system where each level has a smaller level to explore that has an extra boss at the end of the state, making things quite replayable.

Now, lets move on to the bad, as there is sadly a lot of that.

X has a very hard time here, as the game was NOT built for him. You have sections where you need the added height of Zero's double jump or faster movement abilities to get through places but you do not have that. This is something you can adjust to at varying levels depending on the Mavericks you take on with X. Levels like Blaze Heatnix where you have to fight the same mini-boss 5-6 times is a problem with X but some of the earlier Mavericks aren't that bad to deal with.

RMX6HeatnixMiniFinal.png

Zero is the best way to play the game, as he has less annoying bits do deal with thanks to his expanded moveset. But his base armor is very weak and with how dangerous things can get for Zero are, it makes him die very frequently. Using the Black Armor Zero code removes this issue and as a result, the game can be quite fun with him. It also turns what should be a game that is very annoying to play, into quite an easy game.

I beat the game as Zero in a single sitting and that is without hunting down for everything. X took longer to beat with though and if you want a hard challenge, play the game as him.

The Nightmare system is something that NEEDS to be discussed, as this is one of the worst parts of this entire game. Level design is a bit annoying and the core gameplay is fine but this causes a lot of the frustrations many have with this title.

Design wise, this was supposed to mirror the levels changing after fighting specific Mavericks like in MMX1 or MMX3 and that affecting the other levels. If you never played X1 before, picture this; fighting a Storm Eagle and after taking him out, Spark Mandrills stage is completely blacked out due to Eagle's ship crashing into his power-plaint.

That is a great idea, but if done poorly, it can just anger gamers with annoying level gimmicks that are NOT needed. X6 suffers from this poorly implemented on the game with Nightmare Effects that only detract from levels. Having acid rain come down on you with darkness being all over the place, fireballs making navigation across icy platforms far more frustrating then before and having extra blocks making the crusher stage even more stressful.

latest

I don't mind this idea, but it really detracts from the game and that is a problem. You can avoid this by not selecting the Red covered stages......but you still get Nightmare Effects when you select non-Red covered stages. It makes the effect feel random and it shouldn't feel this way.

The last portion before presentation is the tower stages and we have two with gate and one with Sigma (SHOCKER! He's back). The first Gate Stage has spikes everywhere and a very large gap that if you do not have the jumper or Shadow Armor, you will NOT be able progress. That is a major design issue that shouldn't be present. Otherwise, it is a challenging first stage, more so then other first tower levels honestly.

gate's-lab-1-2.JPG

Rising Lava, spikes all over the place and foes flying at you from all sides. The boss (Nightmare Mother) is a fun fight with Zero as well.

PLAYSTATION--Mega%20Man%20X6%20_Aug9%202_05_59.png

The second stage for Gate is okay for and I had fun getting through here. Fighting with Gate was a tennis match the balls hurting you the more you hit them....but you have....to...hit....them. Again, poor design rearing its ugly head but fine level otherwise.

The Sigma stage is okay and fights with him (two of them) are quite easy compared to past battles. The second phase has an amazing theme though and one of my favorite versions of Sigma's theme in the entire series.

NeoGaf Member Edson was kind enough to share his thoughts on the game and cover information that I may have glossed over. Thank you again for your help!

It's not really a mix of the two endings technically. Remember, the Colony did have pieces fall to the earth and it activated the Zero Virus, which was not explained in X5 however is explained a bit in this game. Remember X5 was "inafunes vision" of the last game even though he had no such power, imagine if X5 was left with zero explanations.

Also before someone says something about Zero coming back to life how did he come back to life in X4 from X3? At least X6 gave us an explanation as silly as it may be. Although one odd thing to note is that when X find Zero, Zero tells X that he repaired himself. But when he finds a Dr.light capsule, and I belive it's specifically finding the one in Sheldons stage first, he tells Dr.Light he heard a voice and he had no idea how he got back.

You forgot to mention about how the multiple playable character system here is basically forcing you to use one character the whole game. The Nightmare Ranks, Heart Tanks, and other items only apply to the character your playing as making the other character useless.

Also you say no other X game had this badly translated writing but it seems you be forgetting our friend X7.

You forgot to mention DYnamo returns in this game. Which you know, not really sure what his goal is, but you basically just use him to farm Nightmares to get your rank.

A good portion of the plot is not unlocked until you get 1000 nightmare souls, it's the 3rd way to go straight to the fortress along with defeating High Max and beating all 8 Mavericks, well, Investigators not mavericks, and it drops like 45% of the games plot on you which you'll never see unless you do it.

This notion the game is not built for X is hogwash. The game is specifically built to play as X through the levels on the "whos weak against what" basis. Exploring on your own is what makes the game hard, especially since that makes it so that you run into the nightmare system more often. You do not need cheats to play this game. At least not for X, Zero in regular form takes way to much damage and the saber is way to weak. So when I see people act like this game is made for Zero I have to wonder if they mean the cheatcode Black Zero. Not only that, but it expects you to go into the secret areas, which Zero has more trouble with, going in the opposite direction as well. The only trip up in X's gameplay is Gate Fortress 2 because Shadow X and regular X (why would you even be using him?) can't air dash over this one pit.

The Nightmare system explanation you made is wrong my friend. The Nightmare system has nothing to do with mavericks, it has to do with entering a level that effects another level. For example going into Heatnix stage after MAY change the Turtle stage to have those dark spotlights. The Red indicators on stage select means that the area has changed it's nightmare levels. This can mean one of three things:

1. The level is back to normal

2. The level got nightmared.

3. The nightmare in the level changed.

As levels have more than 1 nightmare outside if I'm not mistake, the Museum which I believe only has one. But the nightmares are specific to stages.

The Plot of the game is that Gate found Zero's DNA, and he created the Nightmare and the Investigators to kill off all low level reploids, because he's insane. He is mad because when he and Alia worked together and her research was considered over his because his was considered dangerous.

While it does seem some of the Investigators don't know what is going on, gate created the Nightmare to infect people and change them into either mavericks or his mind slaves. Basically, he revived the Zero Virus, this is why the Sigma virus is barely in this game and by barely I mean not at all. As the Zero Virus is the dominate Virus in the game, and the Nightmare system is Gates Genocide weapon. Issac is also a creation of Gate to likely distract people and put the blame on Zero. Nightmare Zero, the pruple one, is a gate creation. SO is High Max.

But Gate after his defeat, admits he couldn't fully copy Zero's data and says he brought back Sigma. This explains why Sigma is kind of broken down in this game. Which at the end X and Zero (or Zero is on the side if you didn't find him saying good job) drag Gates apparently to damaged to be repaired body to Alia, and that is the end of the Viruses in the X series.

I'm not joking X7 and X8 have nothing to do with Viruses. So the story is a bit involved, but you have to play as X to get most of the relevant dialogue

Speaking of which the Zero Virus unlike X5 actually hurts now like a regular enemy instead of infecting him.

Also for the first gate stage with the wall, if you use the snow weapon you can use Ultimate to giga on the top ledge so there are 3 ways to get up the wall. But again as I said this game was made with you doing the levels in weakness order as < you'll already have the jumper without realizing you have it.

Not to mention the game does not explain the part system. But they do a nice little detail by naming ALL the respectable reploids. Speaking of which, reploids "missing" will sometimes randomly come back when a nightmare effect is activated in that same stage. I have no idea what the trigger is.

On the back of the PS1 box, they show regular X in the intro level which I'm pretty sure isn't possible but just something to think about.

Metal Shark Player revives bosses from X1-X2, and when X charges up the weapon he gets from him he sends down an army of Storm Eagles across the whole screen.

The presentation continues the devastated look that X5 established and I like this style. Harsher looking locations makes me feel more at-edge when exploring the various levels.

Musically, its a damn good soundtrack, with many tracks hitting home. Intro Stage, Blizzard Wolffang, Blaze Heatnix, Sigma Phase 2.....many of the tracks are fantastic and next to X1, X2 and X5, this is my favorite score in the series.

This game is very odd to me, as I should hate it more. It has bad design issues and the story isn't that interesting. But, I had fun with this and for people willing to deal with some really annoying gameplay systems/design issues, it is worth playing this game at least once.

I take back my comments about this comparing to Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06, but I still do not consider this a good game. Its just 'okay' to me honestly.

latest

RK128

Like in my other Retrospectives, if I gloss over anything, feel free to let me know :). Regardless, hope you enjoy this Retrospective :D!

L Thammy

The level where the giant robot in the background constantly attacks you is the worst. My feeling throughout this game was "how did someone honestly think this was a good idea?"

I saw GameFAQs list the other day that said that X5 was the worst in the series and X6 was a return to form. People are crazy. Sigma, you can just get started now.

This is my most favorite X game. Don't care what nobody says, it's a masterpiece. Bosses, stages, music, everything is so memorable to me.

I tried replaying this a few years ago on my PS3. The input lag made it unplayable. Is that just a result of poor emulation or do I just not remember it running that bad?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Confession time: I personally enjoyed this game much more than X5. Nowhere near as bad as people say it is. The nightmare system is BS though, and Ground Scaravitch's theme is the worst in the series.

RK128

This is my most favorite X game. Don't care what nobody says, it's a masterpiece. Bosses, stages, music, everything is so memorable to me.

I'm happy you love the game :D! While I had issue with it, I still had fun with it at points.

What did you love so much about the game though? I know the music and some of the stages are great to me, so I can agree with some of your post :).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
RMX6HeatnixMiniFinal.png

This. This right there. Is the most horseshit, horrible thing Capcom has ever put in a Mega Man game. Five of these shitty fucking things. Good lord this game was bad as all hell. Shame as the music/bosses are fantastic.

I saw GameFAQs list the other day that said that X5 was the worst in the series and X6 was a return to form. People are crazy. Sigma, you can just get started now.

tumblr_nr07k1bojb1stpilkkq.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
RMX6HeatnixMiniFinal.png

This. This right there. Is the most horseshit, horrible thing Capcom has ever put in a Mega Man game. Five of these shitty fucking things. Good lord this game was bad as all hell. Shame as the music/bosses are fantastic.
While I stand by my previous post, this level was absolute bullshit and the worst experience I ever had in a Mega Man game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I didn't like the game last time I played it, but I've been wanting to give it a second chance for years. I know it won't be as good as the others, but maybe it's still good?

The soundtrack is absolutely killer, in any case.

Servbot24

Banned
I liked this game a lot tbh, never really got the hate. Then again I played it when I was in middle school so maybe I wasn't as critical then.

TriAceJP

I seem to remember this game having a lot of 'leaps of faith' that had you jump to blind areas that had pit falls/spike traps but I could be remembering it wrong.

SolVanderlyn

Yeah, X6 - X8 is non-canon as hell. I did enjoy X8 though.
It is all canon, actually. X6's ending takes place after all the others and the Jakob Orbital Elevator appears in the Zero series.

X7 is a side story anyhow. X8 seems to lead into something but was never continued, so we can only assume The Elf Wars overshadowed the copy chip nonsense. Model A is indirectly based off of Axl, as well, although the dev team was apparently aware of the post X5 games' middling reception and made certain to mask that reference as much as possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, even as a kid playing through the X Collection, I remember NOT liking X6. It had really unfun level designs combined with that stupid nightmare system, ESPECIALLY considering your first time playing, you'll most likely see a reploid needing to be saved but you don't have the right weapon or upgrade, so of course, BAM NIGHTMARE GETS THEM, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SAVE THEM NOW. I should really replay it nowadays, but it's easily one of my least favorite X games. At least X7 had the whole "we wanted to try something new to keep things fresh" argument as to why it wasn't good, this just somehow broke a formula that worked fine for FIVE games in a row.

Also it didn't help "lol sorry can't play as Zero from the start despite doing it the last two games, have fun having to unlock him". Granted, it's nowhere near as stupid has HAVING TO UNLOCK X, THE GUY IN THE DAMN TITLE OF THE GAME in X7, but this still sucked.

lordmrw

Its not an outright terrible game but there are plenty of bad design decisions that I still can't believe made it through. That soundtrack is fricking amazing though. Oh and High Max can eat my ass

This game is indeed rushed as hell. The level design in particular feels like an amateur X5 rom hack, full of stages with frustrating as fuck obstacle placement, enemy placement that exist just to piss players off and zero regard to level design cohesion. All of it made more annoying by the dumb Nightmare system. And just like the OP mentions, playing as X is pretty much hard mode, on an already frustratingly difficult game, as he is absolutely not equipped to handle most of the shit the game throws at you. The fact that they decided to bring back the terrible Falcon armor from X5 means that X is stuck with a weakass charge shot that cannot even 1-shot the extremely common nightmare enemy, which is copy-pasted throughout the entire game. I would not even dream of attempting to do an unarmored X run.
Game is also full of weak graphics, no doubt to the rushed development. Some of the boss sprites look terrible (lol Infinity Mijinion). There are a lot of single screen static or endlessly looping backgrounds, and the overall artstyle is super drab. I guess the only good thing about the presentation is the soundtrack composed by Naoto Tanaka (credited as Akemi Kimura) who is also known for Phoenix Wright 2 music.

And yet despite all that I still like the game!

If X were the only playabale character this game would no doubt be one of my least favorite Mega Man games ever, but thats not the case as Zero pretty much is this game's redeeming quality. He is simply much better equipped in this game and using him transforms this game from a frustrating wreck to a fun reploid destruction simulator. It's funny that despite how rushed the whole game is, they still made brand new attack animations for Zero which look quite neat.

There is also a weird glitch with Zero that makes the game even better and is the real reason I like this game:
For some reason, having Guard Shell activated will infinitely extend the hitbox duration of saber attacks, which leads to enemies getting stuck in hitstun until they are dead or the attack animation recovers. For example, one jumping slash against the giant robot midboss in Infinity Mijinion stage with Guard Shell active will take away more than 70% of his life! This makes Zero hilariously broken and fun as hell to play as he will be able to straight up murder just about every enemy in one swipe! (and the only way to play this game for me)

So overall, play as X = terrible frustrating game
Play as glitched Zero = awesome game

jman2050

I went into this game expecting to at least kinda enjoy it as another Mega Man with questionable level design and other minor annoyances.

No such luck. This game is just really really bad. The best level, Metal Shark Player, is only such by process of elimination. It's the only level in the game that contains anything resembling interesting obstacles and platforming design.

And oh goodness don't get me started on the Gate stages or Gate himself or High Max or how every boss is terrible unfocused messy nonsense or how Zero is broken or literally the entire Nightmare system and this game's stupid nonsensical powerup system or aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

ZangBa

There's a lot of questionable design decisions with this game and Blaze Heatnix's stage is nonsense. There's a lot of moments where the game just feels so unbalanced and unfair, like the nightmares being positioned in such a way that unless you already knew they were there, you couldn't possibly react in time to save a reploid. And that one nightmare that hangs out at the Shark stage right near the end of the first section on the long stretch you need to dash quickly through to avoid dying, what an asshole.

Still, this is probably my 3rd favorite in the series. I at least found it more memorable than X5. Music is also really good, some of my favorite Zero skills and I enjoyed the parts collecting. I like the Gate stages a lot, too. They were merciless, but I loved them. I just find the game strangely appealing for some reason.

SolVanderlyn

Gate is also the best not-really-villain in the series. Loved his history with Alia and his relative obscurity before becoming infected. It also brought back the scientist villain idea that the classic series loved to play off of. He even overshadowed Sigma in this entry, who felt like an afterthought. Both of his designs were really cool, too

latest

Isoc was clearly meant to be Wily, playing off of the Serges connection in X2 and the vague reference made by Sigma in X5. Too bad they dropped this idea after this game.

jmdajr

Man I don't even know who I beat it with. Maybe it was Zero.

I just remember thinking..."Fuck. I can't do shit!"

RK128

Heatnix is not difficult if you go in weakness order.

The boss fight is fine though, just the level is really annoying as X, considering you have limited mobility and a weak melee attack. The third time with the fire-insta kill pit is really bad with X but the other times are manageable if you are skilled enough.

They were horrible as X but thanks to Zero's screen nuke, they are a lot more manageable.

Nah, if you go in order heatnix is not an issue. He won't make you burn to the ground burn burn to the ground triformation weee weer burn, tri formation wee burn to the ground.

There's a lot of questionable design decisions with this game and Blaze Heatnix's stage is nonsense. There's a lot of moments where the game just feels so unbalanced and unfair, like the nightmares being positioned in such a way that unless you already knew they were there, you couldn't possibly react in time to save a reploid. And that one nightmare that hangs out at the Shark stage right near the end of the first section on the long stretch you need to dash quickly through to avoid dying, what an asshole.

Still, this is probably my 3rd favorite in the series. I at least found it more memorable than X5. Music is also really good, some of my favorite Zero skills and I enjoyed the parts collecting. I like the Gate stages a lot, too. They were merciless, but I loved them. I just find the game strangely appealing for some reason.

The reploid thing is hyperbole, you will save 95% of the reploids. I think people spread the guy with the jumper can be nightmared so they made it look worse than it is.

The jumper is by itself anyway, you'd have to intentionally lead a nightmare to the area it is in to nightmare the reploid.

I tried replaying this a few years ago on my PS3. The input lag made it unplayable. Is that just a result of poor emulation or do I just not remember it running that bad?

That's the PS3.

TreIII

terrible game

but i beat it

seriously fuck this game

Succinctly put.

It's a good thing that by this point in time, the first EXE/MMBN game was released in close proximity, and the first Zero game would come a few months later into the following year (2002). EXE, especially, came along at just the right time when the X series was floundering about with increasingly bad games, and in turn, helped the entire MM brand stay relevant and profitable in Capcom's eyes for several more years. And meanwhile, the Zero series was pretty much the answer to the prayer of any MM fan who just wanted a game that took the best parts of the X games, without any of the mess of the later X games.

I shudder to imagine a timeline where the "EXE phenomenon" didn't happen (especially if we still only got the likes of X6 and X7 in the meantime).

The boss fight is fine though, just the level is really annoying as X, considering you have limited mobility and a weak melee attack. The third time with the fire-insta kill pit is really bad with X but the other times are manageable if you are skilled enough.

It's really easy just charge the yammark option or use the other moves. It's really not hard because going in order I think heat is 5th or 6th down and you already have acid rain.

But didn't you say you played with ultimate armor?

Succinctly put.

It's a good thing that by this point in time, the first EXE/MMBN game was released in close proximity, and the first Zero game would come a few months later into the following year (2002). EXE, especially, came along at just the right time when the X series was floundering about with increasingly bad games, and in turn, helped the entire MM brand stay relevant and profitable in Capcom's eyes for several more years. And meanwhile, the Zero series was pretty much the answer to the prayer of any MM fan who just wanted a game that took the best parts of the X games, without any of the mess of the later X games.

I shudder to imagine a timeline where the "EXE phenomenon" didn't happen (especially if we still only got the likes of X6 and X7 in the meantime).

X6, X7, X8 and XCM all made money so what?

Not to mention the MMZ games didn't sell to well. Especially when you start comparing, after the first game.

RK128

It's really easy just charge the yammark option or use the other moves. It's really not hard because going in order I think heat is 5th or 6th down and you already have acid rain.

But didn't you say you played with ultimate armor?

Yes, but I don't think many played the game the way I did. So, tried playing that level fair without using the Nova Strike........was hard, but okay.

I just find the game as a whole riddled with design issues that can prevent others from enjoying it. I have a high tolerance for games (see my Retrospectives on Sonic 06 and Sonic Genesis) but not many have that.

Hope I did a good job covering this game :).

SolVanderlyn

X6, X7, X8 and XCM all made money so what?

Not to mention the MMZ games didn't sell to well. Especially when you start comparing, after the first game.
The majority of the fanbase has the inverse opinion to these supposed sales numbers.

Yes, but I don't think many played the game the way I did. So, tried playing that level fair without using the Nova Strike........was hard, but okay.

I just find the game as a whole riddled with design issues that can prevent others from enjoying it. I have a high tolerance for games (see my Retrospectives on Sonic 06 and Sonic Genesis) but not many have that.

Hope I did a good job covering this game :).

Will post some suggestions later.

ZangBa

The reploid thing is hyperbole, you will save 95% of the reploids. I think people spread the guy with the jumper can be nightmared so they made it look worse than it is.

The jumper is by itself anyway, you'd have to intentionally lead a nightmare to the area it is in to nightmare the reploid.

I don't disagree, but there are definitely a few spots that are pretty unreasonable, especially for someone playing their first time through.

Balb

I haven't played through X6 since the X Collection came out but I remember I could only beat it using Zero. I should try it again someday as X, but man that game is rough. Music is great though.

Top Bottom