• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X6 - Nightmares of Reploid

It's not really a mix of the two endings technically. Remember, the Colony did have pieces fall to the earth and it activated the Zero Virus, which was not explained in X5 however is explained a bit in this game. Remember X5 was "inafunes vision" of the last game even though he had no such power, imagine if X5 was left with zero explanations.

Also before someone says something about Zero coming back to life how did he come back to life in X4 from X3? At least X6 gave us an explanation as silly as it may be. Although one odd thing to note is that when X find Zero, Zero tells X that he repaired himself. But when he finds a Dr.light capsule, and I belive it's specifically finding the one in Sheldons stage first, he tells Dr.Light he heard a voice and he had no idea how he got back.

You forgot to mention about how the multiple playable character system here is basically forcing you to use one character the whole game. The Nightmare Ranks, Heart Tanks, and other items only apply to the character your playing as making the other character useless.

Also you say no other X game had this badly translated writing but it seems you be forgetting our friend X7.

You forgot to mention DYnamo returns in this game. Which you know, not really sure what his goal is, but you basically just use him to farm Nightmares to get your rank.

A good portion of the plot is not unlocked until you get 1000 nightmare souls, it's the 3rd way to go straight to the fortress along with defeating High Max and beating all 8 Mavericks, well, Investigators not mavericks, and it drops like 45% of the games plot on you which you'll never see unless you do it.

This notion the game is not built for X is hogwash. The game is specifically built to play as X through the levels on the "whos weak against what" basis. Exploring on your own is what makes the game hard, especially since that makes it so that you run into the nightmare system more often. You do not need cheats to play this game. At least not for X, Zero in regular form takes way to much damage and the saber is way to weak. So when I see people act like this game is made for Zero I have to wonder if they mean the cheatcode Black Zero. Not only that, but it expects you to go into the secret areas, which Zero has more trouble with, going in the opposite direction as well. The only trip up in X's gameplay is Gate Fortress 2 because Shadow X and regular X (why would you even be using him?) can't air dash over this one pit.

The Nightmare system explanation you made is wrong my friend. The Nightmare system has nothing to do with mavericks, it has to do with entering a level that effects another level. For example going into Heatnix stage after MAY change the Turtle stage to have those dark spotlights. The Red indicators on stage select means that the area has changed it's nightmare levels. This can mean one of three things:

1. The level is back to normal

2. The level got nightmared.

3. The nightmare in the level changed.

As levels have more than 1 nightmare outside if I'm not mistake, the Museum which I believe only has one. But the nightmares are specific to stages.

The Plot of the game is that Gate found Zero's DNA, and he created the Nightmare and the Investigators to kill off all low level reploids, because he's insane. He is mad because when he and Alia worked together and her research was considered over his because his was considered dangerous.

While it does seem some of the Investigators don't know what is going on, gate created the Nightmare to infect people and change them into either mavericks or his mind slaves. Basically, he revived the Zero Virus, this is why the Sigma virus is barely in this game and by barely I mean not at all. As the Zero Virus is the dominate Virus in the game, and the Nightmare system is Gates Genocide weapon. Issac is also a creation of Gate to likely distract people and put the blame on Zero. Nightmare Zero, the pruple one, is a gate creation. SO is High Max.

But Gate after his defeat, admits he couldn't fully copy Zero's data and says he brought back Sigma. This explains why Sigma is kind of broken down in this game. Which at the end X and Zero (or Zero is on the side if you didn't find him saying good job) drag Gates apparently to damaged to be repaired body to Alia, and that is the end of the Viruses in the X series.

I'm not joking X7 and X8 have nothing to do with Viruses. So the story is a bit involved, but you have to play as X to get most of the relevant dialogue

Speaking of which the Zero Virus unlike X5 actually hurts now like a regular enemy instead of infecting him.

Also for the first gate stage with the wall, if you use the snow weapon you can use Ultimate to giga on the top ledge so there are 3 ways to get up the wall. But again as I said this game was made with you doing the levels in weakness order as < you'll already have the jumper without realizing you have it.

Not to mention the game does not explain the part system. But they do a nice little detail by naming ALL the respectable reploids. Speaking of which, reploids "missing" will sometimes randomly come back when a nightmare effect is activated in that same stage. I have no idea what the trigger is.

On the back of the PS1 box, they show regular X in the intro level which I'm pretty sure isn't possible but just something to think about.

Metal Shark Player revives bosses from X1-X2, and when X charges up the weapon he gets from him he sends down an army of Storm Eagles across the whole screen.

lazygecko

In spite of everything going against it, I still like it better than X5. The fact alone that Alia's constant interruptions are relegated to an optional button press improves the flow of gameplay a lot. The levels are also generally more spacious than the previous 2 games which I prefer. X4 and X5 just feel really cramped, with both X and Y scrolling at the same time feeling very rare in those games. The much more agile and speedy controls just lends itself better to larger, more open spaces which is also what made the original X game feel like such a leap from the original series in the first place. So it was pretty odd how they regressed from that so much in X4 and X5. Those games feel so spacially constrained which isn't the case as much in X6.

Playing this game as a wide-eyed kid the level design did not felt bad at all. I had to learn all the quirks of each stage and saw the level design as a challenge. Planning out which augmentation I should bring for special situations such as the jumper and speedster. I think I can compare the feeling to playing bloodborne and dark souls.

Some levels were damn brutal at first until you memorized how each area behaves and you are simply know what to do.

There were no internet or guides I could depend to back then so I had to figure out different ways to tackle a challenge. Finding all of the items and armor and making sure that no reploid dies. It blew my mind when I first unlocked zero as I thought he is already dead.

Going through Blaze Heatnix' stage using the falcon armor was walking through thorns but I overcame it anyway,

There was also that long jump in the 2nd gate stage which if you are using shadow armor the timing of the dashing wall kick jump should be pixel perfect as shadow does not have the air dash and cant get through that area easily.

All the exploration you can do with x6 was really fun. I had a save once where I grinded out X and zero to UH in the same save by fighting dynamo over and over and over.

I loved playing through any difficulty depending on the mood.

I have spent lots of hours with this game as a kid and when I play it now I still remember each nook and cranny. I would have to say that x6 is my second favorite megaman game next to X4 and I will never get the hate it gets.

RK128

It's not really a mix of the two endings technically. Remember, the Colony did have pieces fall to the earth and it activated the Zero Virus, which was not explained in X5 however is explained a bit in this game. Remember X5 was "inafunes vision" of the last game even though he had no such power, imagine if X5 was left with zero explanations.

Also before someone says something about Zero coming back to life how did he come back to life in X4 from X3? At least X6 gave us an explanation as silly as it may be. Although one odd thing to note is that when X find Zero, Zero tells X that he repaired himself. But when he finds a Dr.light capsule, and I belive it's specifically finding the one in Sheldons stage first, he tells Dr.Light he heard a voice and he had no idea how he got back.

You forgot to mention about how the multiple playable character system here is basically forcing you to use one character the whole game. The Nightmare Ranks, Heart Tanks, and other items only apply to the character your playing as making the other character useless.

Also you say no other X game had this badly translated writing but it seems you be forgetting our friend X7.

You forgot to mention DYnamo returns in this game. Which you know, not really sure what his goal is, but you basically just use him to farm Nightmares to get your rank.

A good portion of the plot is not unlocked until you get 1000 nightmare souls, it's the 3rd way to go straight to the fortress along with defeating High Max and beating all 8 Mavericks, well, Investigators not mavericks, and it drops like 45% of the games plot on you which you'll never see unless you do it.

This notion the game is not built for X is hogwash. The game is specifically built to play as X through the levels on the "whos weak against what" basis. Exploring on your own is what makes the game hard, especially since that makes it so that you run into the nightmare system more often. You do not need cheats to play this game. At least not for X, Zero in regular form takes way to much damage and the saber is way to weak. So when I see people act like this game is made for Zero I have to wonder if they mean the cheatcode Black Zero. Not only that, but it expects you to go into the secret areas, which Zero has more trouble with, going in the opposite direction as well. The only trip up in X's gameplay is Gate Fortress 2 because Shadow X and regular X (why would you even be using him?) can't air dash over this one pit.

The Nightmare system explanation you made is wrong my friend. The Nightmare system has nothing to do with mavericks, it has to do with entering a level that effects another level. For example going into Heatnix stage after MAY change the Turtle stage to have those dark spotlights. The Red indicators on stage select means that the area has changed it's nightmare levels. This can mean one of three things:

1. The level is back to normal

2. The level got nightmared.

3. The nightmare in the level changed.

As levels have more than 1 nightmare outside if I'm not mistake, the Museum which I believe only has one. But the nightmares are specific to stages.

The Plot of the game is that Gate found Zero's DNA, and he created the Nightmare and the Investigators to kill off all low level reploids, because he's insane. He is mad because when he and Alia worked together and her research was considered over his because his was considered dangerous.

While it does seem some of the Investigators don't know what is going on, gate created the Nightmare to infect people and change them into either mavericks or his mind slaves. Basically, he revived the Zero Virus, this is why the Sigma virus is barely in this game and by barely I mean not at all. As the Zero Virus is the dominate Virus in the game, and the Nightmare system is Gates Genocide weapon. Issac is also a creation of Gate to likely distract people and put the blame on Zero. Nightmare Zero, the pruple one, is a gate creation. SO is High Max.

But Gate after his defeat, admits he couldn't fully copy Zero's data and says he brought back Sigma. This explains why Sigma is kind of broken down in this game. Which at the end X and Zero (or Zero is on the side if you didn't find him saying good job) drag Gates apparently to damaged to be repaired body to Alia, and that is the end of the Viruses in the X series.

I'm not joking X7 and X8 have nothing to do with Viruses. So the story is a bit involved, but you have to play as X to get most of the relevant dialogue

Speaking of which the Zero Virus unlike X5 actually hurts now like a regular enemy instead of infecting him.

Also for the first gate stage with the wall, if you use the snow weapon you can use Ultimate to giga on the top ledge so there are 3 ways to get up the wall. But again as I said this game was made with you doing the levels in weakness order as < you'll already have the jumper without realizing you have it.

Not to mention the game does not explain the part system. But they do a nice little detail by naming ALL the respectable reploids. Speaking of which, reploids "missing" will sometimes randomly come back when a nightmare effect is activated in that same stage. I have no idea what the trigger is.

On the back of the PS1 box, they show regular X in the intro level which I'm pretty sure isn't possible but just something to think about.

Metal Shark Player revives bosses from X1-X2, and when X charges up the weapon he gets from him he sends down an army of Storm Eagles across the whole screen.

Thank you for all this information! Loved your work on the Parappa Retrospective and can't wait to see more of it. Will be adding this information in the OP like in the MM5 and MMX5 Retrospectives :). Appreciate all the help you have been providing and if you need any help with your Retrospectives, let me know man :D.

MMX6 is one of those absolutely baffling games.
It has lots of ideas and some design-decisions that could be really cool, but wastes them all on some of the worst level/encounter-design in Megaman history.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zero didn't die in X3 though?

As for the second point, it could be that Zero didn't want to confuse X by telling him he heard a disembodied voice and was suddenly repaired.

SkyOdin

Zero didn't die in X3 though?

As for the second point, it could be that Zero didn't want to confuse X by telling him he heard a disembodied voice and was suddenly repaired.
Yeah, the implication is that Zero just plain lied to X about repairing himself. The likely explaination is that the mysterious Dr. Wily that acts in the background of the X series restored Zero, similar to how Light repaired X in one of the X5 endings.

SkyOdin

This game was the beginning of the end for this series.
No, that came a bit later. The Mega Man franchise weathered X6 well enough. The mortal blow for the franchise came two years later. But I'll expand on my thoughts about that when we get to the games in question.

No, that came a bit later. The Mega Man franchise weathered X6 well enough. The mortal blow for the franchise came two years later. But I'll expand on my thoughts about that when we get to the games in question.

How can X7 be the fatal blow when 3 more X games and a collection came after it and most of which did well?

This isn't Spyro Enter The Dragon Fly we are talking about here.

In fact the X series hit a low when X5 was out interest built up after X6.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How can X7 be the fatal blow when 3 more X games and a collection came after it and most of which did well?

Command Mission, X8, and ???

X7 did definitely do some harm to the franchise's reputation. I don't think a lot of people even tried out 8 because of the incredibly poor reception of 7, which showed in its sales.

X6 is a weird one for me. It's got some poor level and gameplay design, but I like the overall story and setup for the game. It's definitely one of the weaker MMX games, but I honestly prefer it over X5. I replayed that one recently and still hated it (and it burned me out on replaying the franchise.) X7 is still the worst - garbage top to bottom.

Also, Moonlight is straight fire. That alone bumps it up in my eyes.

SkyOdin

This isn't Spyro Enter The Dragon Fly we are talking about here.

In fact the X series hit a low when X5 was out interest built up after X6.
Mega Man X7 wasn't the game I was talking about. It did contribute though.

The downfall of the Mega Man franchise wasn't a sudden and dramatic death; it was a slow, drawn-out decline that happened over a five year period. 2003 wasn't the end, but it was where the end began.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

X7 did definitely do some harm to the franchise's reputation. I don't think a lot of people even tried out 8 because of the incredibly poor reception of 7, which showed in its sales.

I mean, that was my situation. I was livid that X7 was some bullshit 3D game. I didn't even play it, but I was mad enough that I didn't bother to play X8, either. Or Command Mission. Or Zero. I was really just kind of done after that, actually.

Which is sad, consider the X series was basically one of my favorite series ever up through X5.

Having to reset because a hostage died is bullshit I have no patience for.

Sounds like if someone made a hack that 1) let hostages respawn and 2) applied all found upgrades to both characters and 3) (what else?) this'd be significantly less annoying.

This game really wasn't that difficult as X or regular Zero. I found MMZero 1 to be a much harder game. Fun as fuck tho. Can't wait till u cover X Command Mission, that's my fucking game right there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't like a single thing about this game. I like the box art of MM1 DOS version. MM3 DOS is so brazen in its crappyiness that I've got a soft spot for it.

Oh wait, there is one single good word I can put in for it.

At least it is not Megaman X7.

I got this game when it came out and I cranked the difficulty up to extreme. The amount of jackassery this game puts you through at that point is ridiculous. Never again.

This game didn't kill the X series for me though, that honor goes to X7.

Tagyhag

This was the first X Megaman game that I saw, my friend brought it over and I watched him play for a bit. I loved the presentation, especially the warning before the bosses, I still remember how bullshit those circles were.

RK128

so...can you use Zeros Z-Saber as X in this game?

Yep; its mapped to the /\ button but it does not have a lot of use. Very long to attack and slow attacks do not equal higher damage out put. Useful for air-slashes but not much else.

Stopdoor

Honestly, I think I disliked X6 more than X7. X7 at least tried something pretty new, even if badly, X6 mostly just screwed up what had already came before even harder than ever.

I'll never forget that one jump in the Gate Stages you can't pass with X's Shadow Armour, because, duh, why wouldn't I know about that before starting the stage?

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I didn't like the game last time I played it, but I've been wanting to give it a second chance for years. I know it won't be as good as the others, but maybe it's still good?

The soundtrack is absolutely killer, in any case.

It's still a terrible game, and the brilliant soundtrack is still inversely proportionate to its quality.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but one of the most ridiculous and obvious issues in this game has to do with the randomly encountered story boss... Hi-Max, I think? It's actually possible to run into him before you can even inflict damage on him, forcing a hard reset. There are some interesting ideas underlying this game, but the dev team clearly needed another six months to get them working. Failing that, a few hours of play-testing would have helped.

Peltz

RK128, I'd love if you'd provide a link list to each of your other retrospective threads in each OP. (Sorry if that's a lot of work, but it'd make your stuff easier to binge read).

RK128

RK128, I'd love if you'd provide a link list to each of your other retrospective threads in each OP. (Sorry if that's a lot of work, but it'd make your stuff easier to binge read).

I don't think I can do that for this one, but I DID put a link to the Mega Man Retrospective in the OP and that is linked to the very first post (which houses various other posts I made).

Will try to take your suggestion to heart when making future Retrospectives though :D.

Mega Man X7 wasn't the game I was talking about. It did contribute though.

The downfall of the Mega Man franchise wasn't a sudden and dramatic death; it was a slow, drawn-out decline that happened over a five year period. 2003 wasn't the end, but it was where the end began.

Well if that's the case I think imo the main blows were downgrading BN after the first 3 games and not changing the formula nad having one of the worst games in the whole series with BN4, which along with the cutsey artstyle of Powered Up, which put fans off, we also got 4 Zero games that also looked the same followed up by BN with a name title change to try and save the brand instead of an actual new experience. All of which didn't sell well outside PU anyway. Which isn't good.

It's still a terrible game, and the brilliant soundtrack is still inversely proportionate to its quality.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but one of the most ridiculous and obvious issues in this game has to do with the randomly encountered story boss... Hi-Max, I think? It's actually possible to run into him before you can even inflict damage on him, forcing a hard reset. There are some interesting ideas underlying this game, but the dev team clearly needed another six months to get them working. Failing that, a few hours of play-testing would have helped.

This isn't true at all. WIth Falcon armor, you can use a charge shot followed by the air dash or the giga attack to damage him. He's also a secret area boss so I think you are reaching for a straw here.

Actually I believe X8 sold more than X7 if not mistaken. Also X7's reputation by fans came a bit after release. People like to hypebolize Megaman games like they are Sonic games for some reason.

Also You have the PSP remake of the first game.

Remember, X7. X8, XCM, and Maverick Hunter sold more than Megaman Battle Network 1,5,6,CC,NT,Zero2,Zero3,Zero4, PU, SF2, Combined. As I remember reading this with some japanese WW sales magazine info on Allgame when that site was still up.

Which doesn't surprise me at all, because the vast majority of Portable Megaman Games did poorly and most lacked the change up. MMbN4-6, was a mistake, and the Starforce 1-3 change of title for the same game didin't help. Zero had 4 of basically the same game. PU's artstyle threw some people off though it did have an active community.

Yep; its mapped to the /\ button but it does not have a lot of use. Very long to attack and slow attacks do not equal higher damage out put. Useful for air-slashes but not much else.

And for enemies and objects the blaster can shoot. Oh and High Max it's kinda decent.

Having to reset because a hostage died is bullshit I have no patience for.

Sounds like if someone made a hack that 1) let hostages respawn and 2) applied all found upgrades to both characters and 3) (what else?) this'd be significantly less annoying.

The rest because a hostage dies thing is highly exaggerated.

I mean, that was my situation. I was livid that X7 was some bullshit 3D game. I didn't even play it, but I was mad enough that I didn't bother to play X8, either. Or Command Mission. Or Zero. I was really just kind of done after that, actually.

Which is sad, consider the X series was basically one of my favorite series ever up through X5.

SO you didin't try X7 because it was 3D and didin't try any of the other games because X7 was in 3D? I'm sorry this is one of the most nonsensical excuses I have ever read.

PureYeti

Thanks to this game, I'm confused how often zero got revived. He got revive in this game then he woke up again during the elf wars(?). Finally megaman zero happened.

Someone correct me on this.

Thanks to this game, I'm confused how often zero got revived. He got revive in this game then he woke up again during the elf wars(?). Finally megaman zero happened.

You still would have been confused without X6 imo. But basically X6 has an edning that makes more sense tying into Zero anyway.

But to answer your question apparently someone repaired him off screen. Maybe it was wily doing what Light did when X was nothing but a head and torso in X5.

SkyOdin

Let's see:
1) Revived in X2 after his death in the first Mega Man X.
2) Revived in X6 after his death in X5.
3) Brought back after a century of sleep in Zero (which may count as a revival, considering his condition).
4) Kinda, sorta brought back in Mega Man ZX as Biometal Model Z.

So, roughly four times, give or take one or two.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
SO you didin't try X7 because it was 3D and didin't try any of the other games because X7 was in 3D? I'm sorry this is one of the most nonsensical excuses I have ever read.

X7 killed my interest in the series because it looked like trash, and, by all accounts, ended up being trash. I don't think it's very difficult to understand.

Narroo

Wow! I've had this game for years and I never knew this! It's quite a bit of plot too!

RK128

Just a heads up; the MMX Series of Retrospectives is going to take a little break for a few weeks, so that way I can get MMX7 & MMX Command Mission....don't own those :l.

But will be posting a MM Maverick Hunter X Retrospective this weekend and the Classic Series will resume with MM6, MM7, MM8, MM & Bass and Mega Man 9 & 10 getting Retrospectives throughout the week.

Then the Battle Network and Zero series will get focus going forward and will swap between Classic Series spin-offs and Battle Network/Zero titles. By June, should have MMX7 and MM Command Mission so can cover those games then.

Hope you all understand :D.

Let's see:
1) Revived in X2 after his death in the first Mega Man X.
2) Revived in X6 after his death in X5.
3) Brought back after a century of sleep in Zero (which may count as a revival, considering his condition).
4) Kinda, sorta brought back in Mega Man ZX as Biometal Model Z.

So, roughly four times, give or take one or two.

He was rivived in X4 as well because he dies in X3's real ending.

Also he came back after X6 in X7 for the same reason as your number 3.

L Thammy

MMbN4-6, was a mistake, and the Starforce 1-3 change of title for the same game didin't help.

This is kind of a weird statement to make in a sales context, seeing as how Battle Network 4 is the best selling Mega Man game aside from 2 on the NES, and outsold every game in the X series.

I'm curious about the other numbers you mentioned; I honestly have no idea if they're accurate.

SkyOdin

He was rivived in X4 as well because he dies in X3's real ending.

Also he came back after X6 in X7 for the same reason as your number 3.
Now you are just making up nonsense. What "real ending"? X3 has two endings: one where Zero is damaged at some point in the game, and one where he isn't. He doesn't die if he loses his one life either, he just is taken out of action and has to leave everything to X. The obly difference in the endings is whether or not Zero appears in them, and the ending narration regardless refers to a possible future battle between the two heroes.

The character who comes back with no explanation in X4 is Sigma. Sigma was the one who was supposed to be dead.

Also, Zero's X6 ending takes place sometime after X8. This has been confirmed in dev interviews and such.

Now you are just making up nonsense. What "real ending"? X3 has two endings: one where Zero is damaged at some point in the game, and one where he isn't. He doesn't die if he loses his one life either, he just is taken out of action and has to leave everything to X. The obly difference in the endings is whether or not Zero appears in them, and the ending narration regardless refers to a possible future battle between the two heroes.

The character who comes back with no explanation in X4 is Sigma. Sigma was the one who was supposed to be dead.

Also, Zero's X6 ending takes place sometime after X8. This has been confirmed in dev interviews and such.

The real ending in which Doppler dies? The REAL one? The one were you get 100%? You ok bro? That's what "real ending" is, the REAL one.

Confirmed in dev interviews? Why do MM fans not ever realize that Capcom has pulled excuses out their ass just to shut up the fanbase? Zero went to sleep to get rid of the Zero Virus, the Zero Virus is not a thing after X6, that was the whole point of him talking to that scientist, and what he wanted to "get rid of" in the first place. After X8 is the whole copy chip thing where the Zero Virus is pointless because reploids can just snap if they want to for no reason.

This isn't the first time Capcom connected things without paying attention, though I will say this one isn't AS obvious.

This is kind of a weird statement to make in a sales context, seeing as how Battle Network 4 is the best selling Mega Man game aside from 2 on the NES, and outsold every game in the X series.

I'm curious about the other numbers you mentioned; I honestly have no idea if they're accurate.

You misread,

SkyOdin

The real ending in which Doppler dies? The REAL one? The one were you get 100%? You ok bro? That's what "real ending" is, the REAL one.
What? You are making absolutely no sense. There are two endings: one where Zero is incapacitated, and one where Zero isn't. Getting the saber nets you the same ending you would have gotten if you had just thrown Zero off a cliff at the start of the game. It is the "bad" ending which is exactly the same as the normal ending where Zero can still fight, except that it is Doppler who shows up to kill Sigma at the end, and Zero doesn't stand next to X in the final scene. Everything else, including the narration foreshadowing a fight between the two, is the same.

Confirmed in dev interviews? Why do MM fans not ever realize that Capcom has pulled excuses out their ass just to shut up the fanbase? Zero went to sleep to get rid of the Zero Virus, the Zero Virus is not a thing after X6, that was the whole point of him talking to that scientist, and what he wanted to "get rid of" in the first place. After X8 is the whole copy chip thing where the Zero Virus is pointless because reploids can just snap if they want to for no reason.

This isn't the first time Capcom connected things without paying attention, though I will say this one isn't AS obvious.
Those events where Zero talks with the scientist happen after X8. I've always interpretted Zero's ending line in X8 where he says "maybe now I can stop fighting" as a reference to him now having the opportunity to finally execute his plan to get rid of the virus. The dev response doesn't contradict any of the games.

Reset

Never considered the ending with Zero getting injured in X3 as the real one. If it was the true ending, then why isn't X using the saber like in X6.

What? You are making absolutely no sense. There are two endings: one where Zero is incapacitated, and one where Zero isn't. Getting the saber nets you the same ending you would have gotten if you had just thrown Zero off a cliff at the start of the game. It is the "bad" ending which is exactly the same as the normal ending where Zero can still fight, except that it is Doppler who shows up to kill Sigma at the end, and Zero doesn't stand next to X in the final scene. Everything else, including the narration foreshadowing a fight between the two, is the same.

Those events where Zero talks with the scientist happen after X8. I've always interpretted Zero's ending line in X8 where he says "maybe now I can stop fighting" as a reference to him now having the opportunity to finally execute his plan to get rid of the virus. The dev response doesn't contradict any of the games.

I'm making plenty of sense, you are taking out parts of this conversation and adding yor own confusion.

You said "what real ending" and the real ending is the one were doppler dies. There's no confusion. Theres no further discussion there. The endings being similar doesn't mean one was isn't more real. In fact, it explains the Sigma rival in x4 better then getting outfitted with an anti-virus Saber.

No they don't. They say it is, but it doesn't make logical sense because again the Zero virus was not a thing after X6 and is completely useless and effectively worthless during and after X8. This is 100% true, so why would he suddenly want to get rid of a Virus which has not only caused zero issues, before the end half of X8, but is not completely useless? Not to mention that doesn't explain how his body got switched either.

Also your interpretation of Zeros line is odd. One because he said that clearly because of the previous line where he says "if what lumine says is true Sigma is not coming back" he said that line exclusively for thinking he won't have to fight Sigma.

But I have an issue with that line, because Lumine was not controlled by Sigma, so thinking that there isn't anymore fighting when there's a whole conspiracy going on with copy chips and mavericks makes that line extremely awkward.

See I know people can interpret things but half the time you can't because the game shows you things that makes that impossible.

Never considered the ending with Zero getting injured in X3 as the real one. If it was the true ending, then why isn't X using the saber like in X6.

Because he comes out of a recovery pod at the start of X4 which he is a playable character. He wasn't "missing" like in X6, where at the end of X5 all he that was found was his Saber.

Ouroboros

I remember renting this game when it was released and just being confused during the whole playthrough. Clearly a game that was rushed and just thrown together in my eyes.

Top Bottom