• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Metagross Confirmed In Corocoro (Pokemon)

Only scans at the moment, so can't post images.

No info on type or anything confirmed, but they show it will be used by Steven Stone (Surprise, surprise).

Nuke if old/inappropriate.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hmm, hype deflating. :(

Don't want any mega crap in my Hoenn remake, though Mega Metagross doesn't look any different from the normal Metagross.

L~A

Looks.... ok I guess. But that's gonna be one hell of a Pokémon, since the original was already uber-powerful.

gngf123

Looking at the design, levitate maybe as the ability?

It looks basically like a floating normal Metagross with the feet used as claws.

maybe since we know Steven has a mega Charizard X

maybe the mega bangle lets you have a team of 6 mega pokemon prior to only allowed to have 1 per battle

Hindl

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I see at least one extra arm. There's the four on his body (fourth one behind Steven), then it looks like there's another smaller one above its head. Unless that's a spike or something but it has the same shape as the other ones, even though it's much smaller. Still, that's cool I've always liked Metagross

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I see at least one extra arm. There's the four on his body (fourth one behind Steven), then it looks like there's another smaller one above its head. Unless that's a spike or something but it has the same shape as the other ones, even though it's much smaller. Still, that's cool I've always liked Metagross
Yup, looks like 5 arms.
It's probably the smartest now. :p
The one all the way behind looks like a normal Metagross leg though?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks.... ok I guess. But that's gonna be one hell of a Pokémon, since the original was already uber-powerful.

Eh not really. Metagross suffered a lot in V due to being slow, and in VI it suffered a lot more due to Steel not resisting Dark and Ghost anymore (and its secondary type is Psychic).

DaBoss

J6D2HtC.png
kLLoG0e.png

It isn't an actual arm, but it refers to the fact that it is just a bunch of Beldum together. Well that's what I think lol.

EDIT: Ignore this, I now understand what you're saying.

Metagross has slowly been getting worse over the years due to various metagame changes.

The buffs to Knock Off/Dark in general and the Meteor Mash nerf were not kind to it but Mega Stones can't be knocked off which is a nice bonus.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So you're one of the reasons why FRLG don't have day/night post-Kanto evos!

No, that was my twin brother Bob.

...we knew about this since it was revealed. The E3 trailer was mostly showing megas.

Doesn't mean I am happy about it.

There were megas for the starters announced a while ago. Megas are here to stay.

Megas sucks and are ruining Pokémon for me. They need to die in gen 7 and never to return.

In gen 3-5 maybe but it took a nose dive when Steel no longer resist both Dark and Ghost.

maybe since we know Steven has a mega Charizard X

maybe the mega bangle lets you have a team of 6 mega pokemon prior to only allowed to have 1 per battle
Was it actually confirmed the Charizard was Steven's? I thought it was just speculation because he had it next to him. If my memory serves, there was a video or something that showed Mega Zard X at level 100 vs a starter mega at 100....which doesn't make much sense end game wise.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Metagross has slowly been getting worse over the years due to various metagame changes.

The buffs to Knock Off/Dark in general and the Meteor Mash nerf were not kind to it but Mega Stones can't be knocked off which is a nice bonus.

Wouldn't that be a bad thing since Knock Off perpetually does more damage due to the item not falling off?

DaBoss

Info posted by Serebii:
Steven Mega Evolves Metagross using the Mega Brooch and the scan references the fact that there are different Pokémon in Hoenn than before.

Good to see they are expanding the Hoenn Dex.
where did you read this ?
It is on Serebii's site.

Top Bottom