• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

From this day foward, I will never buy another Capcom game.

I've been waiting for a new Monster Gunter game....nope. For Legends 3....nope. But they can shit out a new Street Fighter or VS game every couple of months.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wow, what in fuck

You give me Nero instead of Dante, you give me MvC3 with characters I don't care for, fuck youuuuuuuuu

Goon Boon said:
They cancel this yet they let the universally hated DmC live? Really capcom? Go fuck yourself capcom.
That's being made in the West so it gets a pass. The only thing Capcom trusts Japanese teams to make now are new versions of SF4.

Busaiku

I just don't understand why they wouldn't even release Prototype.
Did they feel that the reaction for it was too negative or something?

I mean, that's basically free money, right?

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Saw it coming the minute Inafune left, sadly.

Thank you, Keiji. Thank you for starting a dream project your fans have been waiting eons for only to leave it for death soon after.

Appreciate it, buddy.

Gravijah

8BitsAtATime said:
FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

I've been waiting for a new Monster Gunter game....nope. For Legends 3....nope. But they can shit out a new Street Fighter or VS game every couple of months.

Haha, you'll get your new Monster Hunter game. That's not even something to worry about.

Aeana

The cancellation most likely had very little to do with 3DS's sales. MML3 wasn't even officially greenlit. The whole reason for the community involvement was an attempt to prove interest in the title to get it greenlit to begin with.

DryEyeRelief said:
sfh5lg.jpg
Well I guess there is a silver lining to this. We won't have to see this terrible character design anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GSR said:
Fuck.

Capcom has really done a 180 in my eyes since even last year. Suddenly my concerns that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney isn't going to make it seem valid.

If Edgeworth 2 isn't coming (FUCK YOU CAPCOM FOR THAT), you can be damn sure Layton and Phoenix isn't coming unless Capcom lets NOA publish it (and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs)

LOL @ Capcom

You really don't give a shit, do you.

You shat on DMC and making it DmC

You vomited on RE and waste our time on this non-canon, kill Leon shit. On 3DS you decided you have nothing better to do than remove a save feature that has been in a game since forever.

You made Dark Void and a fucking sequel to Lost Planet.

You approved a pisspoor remodel of Bionic Commando and then added it in MVC3 and people still up to this day telling you it's pisspoor ugly

All in the name of reaching out to the "Western" audience.

Then you killed a Megaman game knowing that people wanted it

*cough*

edit: insert more examples of DMC PSP, RE PSP, AAI2 not being localized, DLC mess with SSFIV costumes, the Okami credit mes, the Okami watermark mess.

edit 2: when your top talents leave the company, and they happen to be Mikami and Kamiya, you know you have a fucking problem. (I know there are others too so feel free to educate me)

watershed

Banned
MechaX said:
Oh man, don't even joke about that. The fallout would be catastrophic if Revelations got canceled.

I could see it being moved to the vita as an exclusive if the 3ds continues to sell so poorly and the vita really takes off upon release. Then again Capcom is supposed to be "very close with Nintendo" though you wouldn't really know it by the quality of their software for Nintendo systems.

DR2K

Banned
8BitsAtATime said:
FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

Great time to be a Capcom fighting game fan, everything else. . . yeah.

C-Jo

TheSeks said:
If Edgeworth 2 isn't coming (FUCK YOU CAPCOM FOR THAT), you can be damn sure Layton and Phoenix isn't coming unless Capcom lets NOA publish it (and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs)
Level 5 would publish it, if anyone.

B.K.

TheSeks said:
and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs

If they had a chance, they would publish it. Nintendo doesn't care at all to spend their time and money on publishing third party titles. They just won't do anything with first party games.

artwalknoon said:
I could see it being moved to the vita as an exclusive if the 3ds continues to sell so poorly and the vita really takes off upon release. Then again Capcom is supposed to be "very close with Nintendo" though you wouldn't really know it by the quality of their software for Nintendo systems.

I could see Revelations getting moved over as well....

Riposte

8BitsAtATime said:
FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

There are two teams working on fighting games at Capcom. Street Fighter 4/vs Tekken guys are not the Marvel vs Capcom guys. Since there are two teams you are likely to get fighting games bi-yearly at least. But I mean if you are the type to boycott Capcom over a game cancellation perhaps I shouldn't even bother trying to make sense to you. Kind of insane.

Busaiku

TheSeks said:
Nintendo's publishing Professor Layton and the Last Specter.

BeautifulMemory said:
Then you killed a Megaman game knowing that people wanted it
i doubt that. sure, vocal minorities on forums wanted it. i doubt it'd sell well though

now don't get me wrong. i think it's sort of bullshit how people look for the company's interests before gaming itself. but there is no need to lie. you and some thousands on the webs wanted the game. that's about it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheSeks said:
That's actually Level 5's game.

VariantX

Wow, there goes the only reason i even wanted a 3DS in the first place. Glad I was able to control myself and not buy one at launch otherwise id be really hating myself for buying one.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Guys I guarantee you Revelations will end up on the Vita and they'll announce it a week or month before the 3DS version release.

That's how Captroll rolls.

TheSeks

duckroll said:
Wow. Capcom is really proving that they just don't give a fuck anymore! Can't wait for the TGS announcement of Gearbox making the next Breath of Fire game!

That at least has a chance of coming over compared to Last Ranker. ;___;

I want DAT ART. ;__;

Ashodin

duckroll said:
Wow. Capcom is really proving that they just don't give a fuck anymore! Can't wait for the TGS announcement of Gearbox making the next Breath of Fire game!
This would actually be awesome. If only for the fact that Gearbox knows how to do games with loot.

Delio

artwalknoon said:

Could happen. Espically if Mario and such dont do anything for the 3DS.

hamchan

What the fuck! Fuck you Capcom!

This is even worse than not giving candy to a baby. This is giving the candy and then snatching it right back..... and then slapping the baby right in the face.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The writing was on the wall... But it's really disappointing to know that it was actually canned.

Fuck you, Capcom. And they started this generation off so well too (imo)...

Enk

makes good threads.
So is Mega Man now dead at Capcom?

No new 2D games to look forward to and now not ever a 3D game. Hell they didn't even put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Seems like the character died when Inafune left.

TheSeks

Nirolak said:
That's actually Level 5's game.

And Level 5 has a US publishing branch? Because AFAIK, Layton was published in America by NoA. I think NoA and Level 5 will require Capcom's "okay," to publish it outside of Japan anyway.

Hell they didn't even put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Uh, but they did. Zero is Megaman in Red. *trollface.jpg*

He wasn't good in MvC2 anyway.

I don't even think I can buy a 3DS because of this. It symbolized the hardware I would finally get to play my dream sequel on. Sorry Nintendo, but your handheld is now the center of one of my biggest gaming traumas.

Guess I can never catch up on the layton or Pheonix series either. Never had a DS.

Capcom. Go fuck yourself.

RedSwirl

It's like a domino effect for the 3DS now:

Nintendo decides to let 3rd parties take the stage for the 3DS launch.
3DS doesn't sell all that much because the games aren't there yet.
Publishers start to delay and cancel games.
People lose reasons to buy a 3DS.

By the time the first party hits come this fall the 3DS could end up being just a Nintendo game player. This is the kind of shit that happens to a Nintendo console, not a handheld. Publishers (at least from Japan) have always had faith in Nintendo handhelds. What the fuck happened this time?

Top Bottom