• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox News for NBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid83

All the media is shifting to the right and normalizing Trump. Even the famed NYT is a joke now.

I read the NYT and Wash Post regularly and I don't see any sort of right wing shift happening. I see plenty of articles and columns that are anti Trump, or at least call into question his appointments, potential agenda and how he acts on a daily basis. Not sure where you are seeing the shift for these papers, especially the NYT.

I can't speak for cable networks as I only watch occasionally but I see plenty of anti Trump stuff on CNN and I imagine on MSNBC as well. Again not seeing the shift. NBC hiring Megyn Kelly or having one show pro Trump show on MSNBC, Morning Joe, compared to an entire prime time lineup of liberal content isn't a shift to the right. That's ridiculous.

Grug

She strikes me as one of those persons that will say pretty much anything for fame and money.

Like an actor? That's basically what Fox anchors are paid to be. They're instructed to be characters not journalists. Hannity & Colmes was the textbook example. Conservative alpha male against the nerdy, wimpy Liberal.

I'm intrigued to see how different she is in a new environment.

Matty77

Not getting the people acting like it's okay if she did it for a job on fox and money and not hardcore belief.

Being evil for pay is a different sort of snake than Evil from belief but it's still a snake.

Vermin.

Grug

Not getting the people acting like it's okay if she did it for a job on fox and money and not hardcore belief.

Being evil for pay is a different sort of snake than Evil from belief but it's still a snake.

Vermin.

I'm not saying it was "okay". There is a difference between explaining and excusing.

Matty77

I'm not saying it was "okay". There is a difference between explaining and excusing.
I'm not saying it is anyone in particular, but it is a common sentiment in this thread and at least some of the people seem to be using it to excuse her.

Kimawolf

She seems decent from the little i've seen, will check out the new show.

she isnt.

she is a typical white yuppie feminists and will go hard on people she perceives as harming women, but otherwise she is pretty racist. will be interesting to see if she drops the crazed conservative stuff.

Blader

Drudge "reporting" Tucker Carlson will take the 9pm slot.

O'Reilly - Tucker - Hannity

#fairandbalanced

Never seen this guy before, so I just looked up his picture and have to ask, why is a multimillionaire news anchor going on TV wearing such an obvious wig?

Dhx

#whitewash. Do they have anyone of color on that network? Haven't seen any.

Harris Faulkner.

Faulkner and Shep Smith (who deserves better).

Kevin Corke is a white house correspondent. Juan Williams still contributes and does The Five. Is Uma Pemmaraju still around? Not sure as I don't land there often anymore. Even as someone who leans right in some non social respects, the channel has become largely unwatchable and moreso than any time in the past. Kelly leaving will only make it worse.

Drudge "reporting" Tucker Carlson will take the 9pm slot.

O'Reilly - Tucker - Hannity

#fairandbalanced

I'm going to be honest, I might get why someone watches O'Reilly. And Hannity likely appeals to the deeply insecure and fails to hide it behind smugness crowd. But who is this audience for Tucker? Even if they're too lazy to reach the clicker, stare at a wall or do anything remotely enriching.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Never seen this guy before, so I just looked up his picture and have to ask, why is a multimillionaire news anchor going on TV wearing such an obvious wig?
Tucker Carlson is also a guy who got dismantled by Jon Stewart on live TV on his own show ( which was later cancelled in part due to this ) and is still salty about it to this day.

Jon Stewart on Crossfire

LosDaddie

Banned
And NBC will still be dead last in ratings.

People didn't watch Kelly on FNC because of her star power. She was just lucky enough to have a good time slot on the #1 news channel.

Dhx

People didn't watch Kelly on FNC because of her star power. She was just lucky enough to have a good time slot on the #1 news channel.

I have no idea what she will do on NBC, but this is just wrong. She wasn't lucky on Fox. She was the obvious choice for next "star" and they started using her everywhere because it worked. Fox has always been afraid of losing her and she's had the leverage for years.

LosDaddie

Banned
I have no idea what she will do on NBC, but this is just wrong. She wasn't lucky on Fox. She was the obvious choice for next "star" and they started using her everywhere because it worked. Fox has always been afraid of losing her and she's had the leverage for years.

Sure, Kelly was good at her job, but her audience was never really "her" audience. It's a (mainly) conservative audience tuning into the conservative news channel.

lenovox1

NBC is #2 in news behind ABC. Usually #1 in their evening news and evening magazine style shows.

The NBC deal gives her the schedule she wants, more exposure than cable does, and brings her a higher caché. She pretty much said herself that she wants to be with her little kids more.

NBC gets a new morning product out of it. NBC News looooves their daytime TV. Because they're creating a new product around her, I'm don't think they are thinking of her as a ratings draw.

They seem to want utilize her like CBS utilizes Charlie Rose.

Dhx

Sure, Kelly was good at her job, but her audience was never really "her" audience. It's a (mainly) conservative audience tuning into the conservative news channel.

I think I perhaps misunderstood you. If you're questioning her portable draw as opposed to someone like O'Reilly, Beck, or Hannity, you are absolutely right. Kelly is in the anchor mold and I doubt she has a portable audience. This is more akin to Brit Hume moving from ABC to Fox.

The question is can she build an audience on NBC.

SURGEdude

Curious is people tune out on Tucker. It would give me hope for this world. Then again people watch Hannity. At least O'Reilly is entertaining and good at his job. However fucked up that is.

LiK

Pretty good news. She never meshed with the Fox dudes anyway. Probably got fed up with that channel.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Have we covered Greta Van Susteren's new 6pm weeknight gig at MSNBC in this thread, or did I just muck things up in here?

ElRenoRaven

Have we covered Greta Van Susteren's new 6pm weeknight gig at MSNBC in this thread, or did I just muck things up in here?

Nope we hadn't. I didn't even know she had left Fox. really do hope this isn't NBC going right wing. Kind of odd to bring this many in all of a sudden.

Why are people saying she's the sane one when Shep Smith exists?
I wish he would stop legitimising that network though so that's a point against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom