• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memcache server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

Certainly is an odd one, I've still not been able to replicate the issue. On Windows I've tried Chrome and IE, on Linux I've tried Chromium and Firefox, and on Android I've tried Chrome and it works everywhere just fine. Could it be a location thing? I'm UK.

Menitta

I got the same issue on Chrome. I'm guessing this doesn't happen often. I can't imagine it wouldn't be back up soon.

Dawg

Certainly is an odd one, I've still not been able to replicate the issue. On Windows I've tried Chrome and IE, on Linux I've tried Chromium and Firefox, and on Android I've tried Chrome and it works everywhere just fine. Could it be a location thing? I'm UK.

I thought it was location based too but I know a guy WITH the issue in the UK and another guy WITHOUT the issue, also from the UK.

No issues here, Belgium.

_woLf

I'm getting this error on the front page on mobile now. If I have a link directly to a thread I can still browse though.

I think this might be a regional issue. I can't connect through my phone or any of my browsers. The only way I can get access is by using a web proxy in Chrome, which is not exactly the safest thing to do.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Same error for me too. Haven't been able to access NeoGAF on my iPhone over 3G/4G all day. iPad Pro over wifi seems to work fine. London here.

Ark

Same error on desktop all day. I assumed GAF was being ddos'd or something until I just tried it on my phone.

Mobile working but desktop isn't :(

la_briola

cross post from the other thread

I get this error with Deutsche Telekom ISP (Germany).
When I use a vpn/proxy it works...

Every browser I tested shows something like this:
Code:
Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

Line_HTX

I haven't been able to use desktop GAF for roughly the past 12 hours or so. Only posting on mobile.

So frustrating...

=/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I can't get to GAF on desktop

I get the same error when I connect to GAF over wifi on my phone too, but not when I use the 4G connection.

ISP problem? Using Xfinity from Comcast here

SiRatul

I can't even access it on mobile as long as I'm connected to my wifi. As soon as I switch to my 3G/4G connection it works fine.

What if the admins dont know mobile is working and are essentially locked out forever

We are doomed :(

There were some posts on Twitter about it aimed at @NeoGAF before I made the thread. No official response yet.

The Opera Dev browser works for me, but only using the VPN (Germany)

http://www.opera.com/developer

It's free if anyone wants it

Yeah, that works for me too. Better than getting stuck with mobile version IMO.

kami_sama

so I can't get to GAF on desktop

I get the same error when I connect to GAF over wifi on my phone too, but not when I use the 4G connection.

ISP problem? Using Xfinity from Comcast here
Here in Spain it's only the desktop site. The mobile one work in every type of connection.

giphy.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Having to use the mobile version on desktop is making me sad.

[edit]

Gaf is pretty dead with only the mobile version working.

farisr

Just gonna post in here to say I'm having the same problem, regardless of browser. Tried a bunch of US based VPNs, same thing. Tried one from Japan and it worked.

Nevasleep

Rinさとり;201703825 said:
That is not intimate details lol

It isn't best practice to be disclosing file paths, verbose errors, versions etc. Can still be useful to attackers.

Anyway, somebody reboot the memcache server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom