• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men are flocking to a McDonald's in Taiwan to ogle a female employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

Not really talking about you specifically though, even if I quoted you back then. It's more of a general sentiment that I feel like being shared here in this thread, even though TBH your "Asian eyes" comment kind of make me say, "Really...?"

That's why I mentioned monolids specifically! And I did say Asian eyes, because well, the eyelid glue is most commonly used by girls who are Asians.
If you still read my text wrong, I really can't help you because it's hard enough to explain some things in English for me.

(And I thought your post was directed entirely at me because you quoted me in it.)

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Yeah, because women are saints, right? Remember the case of this guy?

enhanced-12271-1395935286-15.jpg

I guess I'm not as straight as I thought.

I'm surprised they managed to take photos with so few people in the shot, considering men are flocking and fans are flooding the store.

MGrant

It doesn't look like anyone is ogling her in those pictures. I'm sure some people are telling her she's cute/beautiful or whatever, but I sincerely doubt there are catcalls or anything unsavory going on there. One of the first things I noticed after moving to Taiwan was how open complete strangers were about telling people they are cute or handsome or pretty. Women moreso than men, but men do it, too. One of my students' dads even told me I was "very cute." It's just what they do here.

Nothing new here.
We have a McDonalds in our city (in spain) that it was known as McVictoria Secret, becuase they hired good looking university female students (better looking than the android Taiwan face thats for sure, no really, I thought at first the seen in the OP was meant to be an animatronic).
Now it also hires good looking males. And yes, men AND women go there to get a good look to the people working there while eating McDonalds.

Finaika

Nothing new here.
We have a McDonalds in our city (in spain) that it was known as McVictoria Secret, becuase they hired good looking university female students (better looking than the android Taiwan face thats for sure, no really, I thought at first the seen in the OP was meant to be an animatronic).
Now it also hires good looking males. And yes, men AND women go there to get a good look to the people working there while eating McDonalds.

pics?

It's usually called "Asian make-up" because of how they use eyelid glue or tape to remove their monolids so their eyes can appear much bigger. They basically put sticker/strips on their eyelid to force them open, and insert circle lenses (contact lenses with a larger diameter than their iris) for an even bigger look.

AoUeIbc.jpg

Does this hurt?

I don't have any, sorry.
Ive never seen anyone take a photo of the people working there. Oogling and telling their friends, for sure, but not actually taking photos.

So the manager is annoyed that people are coming to visit her and leaving disappointed when she is not there. But then the restaurant is using her in advertisements, weird ass viral videos, and dressing her in french maid outfits. I see no hypocrisy here.

So the manager is annoyed that people are coming to visit her and leaving disappointed when she is not there. But then the restaurant is using her in advertisements, weird ass viral videos, and dressing her in french maid outfits. I see no hypocrisy here.

Thats the problem for him right there.

Maybe he needs to make her work 24/7 or make a clone of her.
Or just hire a similar looking girl

Tadaima

I go to this area almost every day. There are a few McDonalds in the area. Went to one last night, but don't think it was this one (they all look the same inside). It would probably have been packed out if it was.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
At least she seems to be enjoying the attention. I'm reminded of the "Alex from Target" phenomenon from a while back. That got very ugly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

People can find people to be very attractive. Shocking, I know.

Well fuck, going to need to pull out my Kinsey scale again.

dramatis

Okay.

Still silly though that there seem to be so many people here considering her look as some sort of a "default" Asian look.

It's a very large continent, folks. Do not equate "Japan/Korea/Taiwan look" with "Asian" :p
Lol don't leave China out. They're going pretty far along with plastic surgery too.

Raiden

Banned

People can find people to be very attractive. Shocking, I know.
that is one handsome dude. I dont know if i would be jealous if he started flirting with my gf because of her or because of him damn.

Ayumi

A lot of things don't make sense here.

- She's wearing that short skirt and those heels at McDonald's...?
- Everyone else is wearing proper attire + good shoes
- Boss wasn't happy about the attention, yet she can wear that outfit?
- She seems to actually pose for the photos
- Why would anyone work in a hot kitchen and not wear protective pants?
- She's allowed to serve food/stay there without at least a cap or net over her hair?
- Her "candid" photos look photoshopped

Nice try, Taiwan. I'm on to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom