• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Xun

What would be the best way to make fine curly hair look thicker? I fucking hate how my hair looks on the sides.

I've had this hairstyle for quite a few years and I was wondering whether I should shake it up or not. A bit too 2003? A bit metrosexual?

vlcgaf.jpg

rokkerkory

men's hairdo barely change I bet throughout your life... I prob have had 5 or so different looks... nowadays I kinda don't care as long as it looks presentable lol

Mariolee

I have a crazy amount of dandruff. What do I do? I use only the equate dandruff shampoo like twice a week but it doesn't make a difference. I've heard cold water works, but it doesn't get rid of the dandruff that's already there.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I have a crazy amount of dandruff. What do I do? I use only the equate dandruff shampoo like twice a week but it doesn't make a difference. I've heard cold water works, but it doesn't get rid of the dandruff that's already there.

Been having an issue with this as well. I have actually been itching my head hard enough to cause scratches and bleeding. Redken's dandruff shampoo is fantastic.

Cruz

Neo Member
anyone use the axe hair gel ?? i use the purple one which is shiny promade and you guys have any gels you prefer for people which thick hair like myself

anyone use the axe hair gel ?? i use the purple one which is shiny promade and you guys have any gels you prefer for people which thick hair like myself
Stay away from that AXE stuff. It's trash. Spend a little more and get something from Baxter like Style Fox said. Their clay is universally recommended/loved in this thread, and great for thick hair. It's more of a matte finish though.

Cruz

Neo Member
will go to amazon and order me some !! thanks , will clay make my hair not move, i like it still moving in the wind lol

Loxley

I used that AXE pomade crap for way longer than I should have. Haven't touched the stuff for a few years now, ever since discovering the wide world of various waxes, clays and pomades. Right now Bed Head has been working pretty well for me, but I may give Baxter a try.

Bumble & Bumble Sumowax is probably the best product I've ever used for my hair, but the tin is like half the size of Baxter and twice as much. I typically use it in the summer time.

I'm trying out Blind Barber's 90 Proof Pomade right now and so far it's okay. Has a pretty decent hold and smells absolutely fantastic, but my hair loses a lot of it's volume/character/texture after just an hour or so with it. Never had that problem with Baxter or Bumble & Bumble stuff.

Forgot to mention the Kevin Murphy line of products. It's a shame no one on here ever took my suggestions and tried that stuff. It's true quality.
This!

I have the texturizing spray/mist from this line. I just spray once or twice into my hair after towel drying, mix it in with my hands a bit, then blow dry and use Loma Organic Forming Paste to style.

My problem though is that my hair is quite thick and I have some noticeable cowlicks in my bangs :S still not sure what to do with that..

Problem with me is I don't like stuff that weighs the hair down like pomades and clays. Right now I spray in some b&b tonic and I'm good to go but I might add a spray from kev murphy to the mix.

kaskade

I think I'm going to get a cut either this week or next depending on when I can get an appointment. Not sure what I want to do though. I haven't gotten a cut in 2 months and I had the top growing for a while. It's pretty long. I'm thinking about keeping the length on the top I kind of like it.

I haven't been keeping up though. I don't even really know what the spring trend is

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I LOVE the hairstyle Chris Evans had at Daytona 500. It's similar to my own though I don't know what it's called

I think I'm going to get a cut either this week or next depending on when I can get an appointment. Not sure what I want to do though. I haven't gotten a cut in 2 months and I had the top growing for a while. It's pretty long. I'm thinking about keeping the length on the top I kind of like it.

I haven't been keeping up though. I don't even really know what the spring trend is

This is a hot look right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGYS74kw50

Good god that is alot of work, how the hell do you do that if you go out and end up at someone's else's place? bit much for me I have to say.

Saying all this I now work in theatres so my hair is crushed under a surgical mob cap all day so I don't even do anything to it anymore outside of the weekends and evenings if I go out.

kaskade

My hairdresser moved salons. I already went a little far to get my cut but now it'd be twice the distance (over an hour). I live in a smaller area so there aren't many more fashion forward people. It's pretty much average joe barbershop. I'm scared.

My hairdresser moved salons. I already went a little far to get my cut but now it'd be twice the distance (over an hour). I live in a smaller area so there aren't many more fashion forward people. It's pretty much average joe barbershop. I'm scared.

I find that if you find a good barber, it's really hard to go back to a hairdresser.. That's just me anyway :]. But the way you say "average joe" barbershop is worrisome..

kaskade

I think I'm going for a mad men style cut. I've always kind of went a bit more relaxed with the styling so might be a nice change of pace. I figure if I don't want it too formal looking I can still use a bit less product and it'll look ok. I just need to find a good pomade. I figure American Crew is a safe choice.

Got this neuma style extender. It's like a dry shampoo which means it helps restore balance to the hair, helps style the hair without needing to shampoo, and it helps get rid of oil and all that.

If you straighten or curl iron your hair what's even more nuts about this is it that it doesn't mess that up no matter how much of it you spray on the hair stays the same. I'm surprised no one brought up the idea of dry shampooing before. It's wild the stuff you can do to your hair if you look beyond the standard pomade/wax for guys.

Mr. F

Banned
Seeking info on which hair product to try out. My mom has straight hair and my dad has really tight curly hair, so as a result mine is kind of the worst of both worlds. The back is straight-ish and decent terms of moisture and weight but the front tends to be wavy and very frizzy, dry, and damaged-looking. Less noticeable when I cut it short but as I want to try longer styles it's been annoying.

I haven't tried that many products, kind of cautious to invest and experiment since most of the regular brands (shampoos/conditioners) that claim to help dry frizzy hair either do nothing or make it slightly worse.

Any advice on how to address this would be rad.

Seeking info on which hair product to try out. My mom has straight hair and my dad has really tight curly hair, so as a result mine is kind of the worst of both worlds. The back is straight-ish and decent terms of moisture and weight but the front tends to be wavy and very frizzy, dry, and damaged-looking. Less noticeable when I cut it short but as I want to try longer styles it's been annoying.

I haven't tried that many products, kind of cautious to invest and experiment since most of the regular brands (shampoos/conditioners) that claim to help dry frizzy hair either do nothing or make it slightly worse.

Any advice on how to address this would be rad.

Maybe try a leave in conditioner?

That's the way I've seen it described. I know the guy that cuts my hair says he shampoos but doesn't condition because he uses tonic as the conditioner.

Fou-Lu

My hair has gotten to a ridiculous point, it's long enough that there seems to be nothing to do for me to control it. It's really thick and wavy so it's hard enough to control when it's short. I definitely need to get it cut, but I don't have a barber or stylist in my current city and as much as I ask around no one seems to know any good places for men. What're some good cuts that would be hard for someone to fuck up?

Been trying to grow my hair out. The last cut I got was around mid December. I actually used to wash it with shampoo once a day but have been skipping a few days. Today my coworker told me my hair looked "greasy". I tried to explain I don't wash it everyday and she gave me a look like I was a leper or something.

Its not enough to make me reverse course at this time, but seriously what are people's issues and why do they give a shit about my hair? I have been thinking about getting a slight trim on at least the edges on the sides and back to make it more "presentable" at work and I think I'll go ahead and do that today, I'm just worried the person cutting my hair will take it too far and ruin all the growth I've managed over the last 2 months or so.

Cruz

Neo Member
I know am kinda dumb for asking but i bought the baxter clay for my thick hair and its soo hard to style my hair and leaves little gunks of clay sometimes. IDK if am using to little of it or have a bad process. Any tell me how to use this stuff the proper way please ? thank you

Top Bottom