• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

I know am kinda dumb for asking but i bought the baxter clay for my thick hair and its soo hard to style my hair and leaves little gunks of clay sometimes. IDK if am using to little of it or have a bad process. Any tell me how to use this stuff the proper way please ? thank you
Take a hot blow dryer to it before you put it on your hands. It softens it up and becomes much easier to style.

Been trying to grow my hair out. The last cut I got was around mid December. I actually used to wash it with shampoo once a day but have been skipping a few days. Today my coworker told me my hair looked "greasy". I tried to explain I don't wash it everyday and she gave me a look like I was a leper or something.

Its not enough to make me reverse course at this time, but seriously what are people's issues and why do they give a shit about my hair? I have been thinking about getting a slight trim on at least the edges on the sides and back to make it more "presentable" at work and I think I'll go ahead and do that today, I'm just worried the person cutting my hair will take it too far and ruin all the growth I've managed over the last 2 months or so.

She's into you, otherwise she wouldn't care.

Been trying to grow my hair out. The last cut I got was around mid December. I actually used to wash it with shampoo once a day but have been skipping a few days. Today my coworker told me my hair looked "greasy". I tried to explain I don't wash it everyday and she gave me a look like I was a leper or something.

Its not enough to make me reverse course at this time, but seriously what are people's issues and why do they give a shit about my hair? I have been thinking about getting a slight trim on at least the edges on the sides and back to make it more "presentable" at work and I think I'll go ahead and do that today, I'm just worried the person cutting my hair will take it too far and ruin all the growth I've managed over the last 2 months or so.

You gotta dry shampoo bro.

Anyone got any pics of some low maintenance short cuts? Im not talking like a 3 all over or something but having to spend 5 days a week with my hair under one of these:

Cataract-Surgery-Recovery-300x199.jpg

Is not the one.

That bumble & bumble shampoo and conditioner I bought is pretty good, it gives my hair a nice shine and softens it too, feelsgoodman.

Yeah emo hair blabla

Is your hair really thing? do you straighten it? I have extremely thick hair but i like the look of yours. No way my hair will ever get that look without a lot of work.

BadTaste

Is your hair really thing? do you straighten it? I have extremely thick hair but i like the look of yours. No way my hair will ever get that look without a lot of work.

It used to be so thin until I improved my diet and used thickening shampoo/conditioner, and yeah I always straighten it or it'll look puffy and goofy.

jokkir

Anyone have a better picture of this style of haircut?

w6IzdSF.jpg

The little bit more hair near the top at the side and maybe shorter at the back. Was thinking of getting this hairstyle next time I go for a cut but that picture looks a bit unclean/messy.

This is what I've just been showing recently (from this thread pages back)
x5GrNih.jpg

zeopower6

Anyone have a better picture of this style of haircut?

The little bit more hair near the top at the side and maybe shorter at the back. Was thinking of getting this hairstyle next time I go for a cut but that picture looks a bit unclean/messy.

This is what I've just been showing recently (from this thread pages back)

I think if you look up photos of that guy, he tends to have that style. His name is Beenzino (빈지노). His Korean name gets more results.

Not me. Just posting because it's a bit of different look from the stuff that proliferates this thread:

PUUsojM.jpg

It is so. hard. to pull off that kind of bang/fringe.

jokkir

I think if you look up photos of that guy, he tends to have that style. His name is Beenzino (빈지노). His Korean name gets more results.

It is so. hard. to pull off that kind of bang/fringe.

Yeah, that's how I found the photo hahaha. I was looking what he looked like since I was listening to some of his songs and found that picture.

Anyway, the other picture seems to be different hairstyles though. Or at least that's what I see.

Cruz

Neo Member
I dont know what hair do to do anymore, i have the dumb high school spikes to buzz cut. My hair is very thick but a bit nappy but its a mess to handle. I love the baxter clay but its hard to style with this hair , last pic is current and ready to cut it away but how..hmmm )(sorry for add alot of pictures still new to gaf )
K8jn4Mp.jpg
K5rCfit.jpg
qcMuIWJ.jpg
KBbFmZQ.jpg

jesalr

Jesair that beard man, i can only grow chin straps lol!

Ha, it's annoyingly curly, so if I let it get much above 6mm it kinda just goes all over the place. I'd need to go into hiding for a while if I wanted to actually grow it out properly.

Cruz

Neo Member
Ha, it's annoyingly curly, so if I let it get much above 6mm it kinda just goes all over the place. I'd need to go into hiding for a while if I wanted to actually grow it out properly.
I can understand, my hair grows soo fast i can imagine you and your beard lol!!

Tom_Cody

Really the same thing we usually post, only styled down.
Eh, sort of.

I guess my dilemma is that I'm addicted to clippers which has resulted in the last 5 years of my hair either being in an undercut or being shaved/buzzed all over.

I want to move away from my undercut but I want the next style to still be something that would be partially shaved. This has resulted in me sticking with the undercut and basically just having different variations of it every time I get it cut.

I guess that gets back to your post. Given my self-imposed restriction, I still end up with things that are still basically different versions of an undercut.

stn

Trust me when I say you guys DO NOT want smooth and silky hair. Its the complete opposite of manageable. My hair is naturally shiny and soft, its like what BadTaste has in that pic but without product. I can't style my hair AT ALL; heck, its so unmanageable that I don't even know why I'm in this thread, lol. Zero volume, resists all products.

Be happy if your hair is thick.

Eh, sort of.

I guess my dilemma is that I'm addicted to clippers which has resulted in the last 5 years of my hair either being in an undercut or being shaved/buzzed all over.

I want to move away from my undercut but I want the next style to still be something that would be partially shaved. This has resulted in me sticking with the undercut and basically just having different variations of it every time I get it cut.

I guess that gets back to your post. Given my self-imposed restriction, I still end up with things that are still basically different versions of an undercut.

Same. Its hard to even think what I had it cut like before the undercut phase. I really like it short on the sides but have no clue for the top atall.

LuffyZoro

Trust me when I say you guys DO NOT want smooth and silky hair. Its the complete opposite of manageable. My hair is naturally shiny and soft, its like what BadTaste has in that pic but without product. I can't style my hair AT ALL; heck, its so unmanageable that I don't even know why I'm in this thread, lol. Zero volume, resists all products.

Be happy if your hair is thick.

Oh yeah, I hate it.

Jigolo

Other than that, just comb it.

Had this haircut last year.

If your hair has any kind of curl or wave to it, you'll have to straighten it with a straightener.

yeah I have the haircut now and my hair is straight. Thanks for the suggestion on the pomade, I've never put any on my hair before

Top Bottom