• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

I kinda wanted SONY to twist the knife harder but honestly when the whole launch line-up for Series X is AA indie-ish type titles I guess you could say enough was done. Hoping the rumors of a second event are true, though. I feel like this should be easier for SONY to nail, I mean... I'm sold but some of their messaging is so confusing... working on HFW on PS4 in parallel? Is that just PR speak? Is it actually two versions or did they build a PS4 game and make it nicer on PS5? Ugh. Stick to your words, mean what you say, that shit is important. We'll see where this all goes.

MetalAlien

Banned
The Las Vegas Raiders Darkmakaimura Darkmakaimura
gYqRAgm.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really liked Gran Turismo Sport for what it was.

Should it have taken the place of real GT for an entire console generation? Probably not. But it looked great, and the competitive/online angle was so well thought out and fun. When a racing game starts you out with an online driving etiquette class, you know special care has been paid to it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Real talk though, everyone was shitting on cross-gen games "holding back next-gen"

How come its fine all of a sudden?
I think this is just your perception and not reality. There's also a difference between weak hardware holding back next gen and cross gen games holding back next gen. Might as well complain that Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to current gen (and some have, in fact, griped that it will be shackled by the old console hardware).

nush

Nothings more entertaining that watching each next gen console fanbase spaz out with every new info dump.

Hot Take topic
Damage control topic
Rage topic

Constantly spamming gaming side right now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mista

Banned
I think this is just your perception and not reality. There's also a difference between weak hardware holding back next gen and cross gen games holding back next gen. Might as well complain that Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to current gen (and some have, in fact, griped that it will be shackled by the old console hardware).
True there's a difference. But that's not me who was saying it months ago

People were criticizing MS's approach which is understandable, people want pure next-gen

But now the same people are justifying the cross-gen. And I am speaking in general not GAF only

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
True there's a difference. But that's not me who was saying it months ago

People were criticizing MS's approach which is understandable, people want pure next-gen

But now the same people are justifying the cross-gen. And I am speaking in general not GAF only
I think instead of a situation where they release TLOU and then TLOU Remake on the next system, they were probably aiming to release both Horizon 2 and spider Man 2 on PS4 Pro but decided to send it to PS5 to take advantage of the hardware. Since both games benefitted dramatically from the SSD upgrade, they have been used to show off the new system.

That was my take at least. This is not the same as "no next-gen-only games for the first year" and "all games will be scalable across all Xboxes".

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I think instead of a situation where they release TLOU and then TLOU Remake on the next system, they were probably aiming to release both Horizon 2 and spider Man 2 on PS4 Pro but decided to send it to PS5 to take advantage of the hardware. Since both games benefitted dramatically from the SSD upgrade, they have been used to show off the new system.

That was my take at least. This is not the same as "no next-gen-only games for the first year" and "all games will be scalable across all Xboxes".
Honestly if we're in for something, we're in for a solid launch titles

Remind me when was the last time we had at least decent launch titles?

We're in for a treat, people are just making a fuss out of nothing to be honest

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Honestly if we're in for something, we're in for a solid launch titles

We're in for a treat, people are just making a fuss out of nothing to be honest
I don't usually buy consoles at launch so you got me there.

nush

Xbox360, shit no.. 3DS and PS Vita.

Now console launches are just "Games to play on the new system you brought." But not games worth buying a system for. Just wait 18 months and reap the benefits.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Now console launches are just "Games to play on the new system you brought." But not games worth buying a system for. Just wait 18 months and reap the benefits.
24 months.

Mista

Banned

We're going to have a great lineup this time. Lots of current gen games + next-gen at launch

Nymphae

Banned
Amazon customer service is getting retarded. Just doing a chat to ask where a package is, prime delivery supposed to arrive yesterday.

In 10 minutes I've been transfered to 4 different people.

You are now connected to Deepak from Amazon.ca

Him: What's the order #?
Me: X
Him: Thank you "let me connect you to a member of our team"

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You are now connected to John from Amazon.ca

Him: Thanks for being a Prime member! Blah blah what is your shipping address?
Me: X
Him: Thanks, "due to the nature of your concern I'll have to connect you to our retail department"

You are now connected to Lalitkumar from Amazon.ca

Him: "Hello, my name is Lalitkumar. Please give me a moment to review the previous correspondence.

I'll have to transfer your chat to our concerned team who can assist you further. Please stay connected while I transfer this chat."

Me: Sigh

You are now connected to Manisha from Amazon.ca

Him? Her?: "Hello...,Hope you are doing well :)
How may i help you today ?
Hello How are you.., How may i assist you today ?
May I know the issue please?
Hi.. How may i help you today ?"

Me: where. is. the. package.

They: Unfortunately we couldn't make it today. The shipment at our delivery station. We expect the package to be delivered the next day

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
How’s everyone doing today? Whats new with you lot?
Doing pretty good
Signing a new lease at the place I'm...currently living in but not paying for (Longggg fucking story lol)
Landlord and I (Well mostly him) finishing up some renovations to the place

Sup wich you?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really need to hear them say "it was delayed, we expect it later", I just initiated the process to let them know I am inquiring and potentially get a kickback for late prime deliveries which they often do.
I used to call em just to hear them sweat.

Top Bottom