• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
You and me both. I think I'm just an overly sensitive try hard that desperately wants to be accepted by people here, but I'm pretty bad at it. Since I'm banned from Era, you guys won my affection by default
221332.jpg

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I also think I'm just an overly sensitive try hard that desperately wants to be accepted by people here, but I'm pretty bad at it. Since ReDoEra is a shithole inhabited by scumbags, you guys won my affection by default ;)

Also, we have a Cunth Cunth

Nymphae

Banned
Recently every thread turns into a shit show now

I don't get why Off Topic shit posting has spiked recently. I see it a lot with this thread, people never used to spam this thread with nonsense, now whenever someone makes a post, there's a procession of NeoGaf OT regulars coming in here and having their way with the thread. I try not to complain about it because, for one it's a meta thread and it's meant to be about any and all things forum related, and activity ebbs and flows over time and it will probably pass. But I wish people would use the Discord if they just want to back and forth jokes dozens of times a minute. Every time I see a meta gaf notification I'm hoping for something thoughtful, and lately it's been a deluge of shit posts and in-jokes that you get swarmed for if you complain about.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't get why Off Topic shit posting has spiked recently. I see it a lot with this thread, people never used to spam this thread with nonsense, now whenever someone makes a post, there's a procession of NeoGaf OT regulars coming in here and having their way with the thread. I try not to complain about it because, for one it's a meta thread and it's meant to be about any and all things forum related, and activity ebbs and flows over time and it will probably pass. But I wish people would use the Discord if they just want to back and forth jokes dozens of times a minute. Every time I see a meta gaf notification I'm hoping for something thoughtful, and lately it's been a deluge of shit posts and in-jokes that you get swarmed for if you complain about.
Nah it's fair to complain, otherwise how else are people supposed to know you're not liking it? You once jokingly posted about wanting the ability to remove people from your thread, but there's a grain of truth in every joke so I probably should have read between the lines.

Personally, I can't stand you and couldn't care less about your feelings (jk), but I'll tone down it down substantially.

Nymphae

Banned
You once jokingly posted about wanting the ability to remove people from your thread, but there's a grain of truth in every joke so I probably should have read between the lines.

Yes the joke came from a genuine desire :messenger_tears_of_joy:
But ultimately I wouldn't kick people out of my threads, even though I really want to sometimes lol. I am a fan of letting everyone talk and giving users power to ignore, imo the only people that don't deserve to be here are those who willingly break the site rules.

ROMhack

Not enough

Yeah, there’s no chance you enter a thread without it turning into a shitfest

Yeah it's how I feel too. The natural tendency is for it to become a bit of a complain fest lately. I'll try not to add to it here though.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Personally, I can't stand you and couldn't care less about your feelings (jk), but I'll tone down it down substantially.

lol I feel bad now because I appreciate that the thread seems to have a number of followers, and it is generally a pretty fun atmosphere, despite the thrust of the thread often being about disputing bans and complaining about some aspect of the site lol.

I'm no authority here and I don't want my opinion to prevent you from posting anything, I just wanted to comment on a trend I've noticed in OT. I've wondered why people weren't going to Discord for these post every 2 seconds activity swarms. It seems like it would be better for that kind of activity. Despite the OT celebs protesting, I think mass shitposting and injoking and forum celeb manufacturing has an effect on new and existing members willingness to contribute/read stuff. Just my two cents. FWIW I generally find your posts humorous and wasn't singling you out or anything.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
lol I feel bad now because I appreciate that the thread seems to have a number of followers, and it is generally a pretty fun atmosphere, despite the thrust of the thread often being about disputing bans and complaining about some aspect of the site lol.

I'm no authority here and I don't want my opinion to prevent you from posting anything, I just wanted to comment on a trend I've noticed in OT. I've wondered why people weren't going to Discord for these post every 2 seconds activity swarms. It seems like it would be better for that kind of activity. Despite the OT celebs protesting, I think mass shitposting and injoking and forum celeb manufacturing has an effect on new and existing members willingness to contribute/read stuff. Just my two cents. FWIW I generally find your posts humorous and wasn't singling you out or anything.
Don't feel bad, I've been wanting to cut back on the shit posting anyway.

Sterling88

Given I'm new I don't really have a lot of clout, but I've got no issue with people getting banned over sketchy shit like lolis and other drawn CP. That's the sort of gross thing that should be called out given that whole Era discord thing from a while back, so I'm not going to lose any sleep because of it.

ROMhack

If you think this is about you, then no it isn't so rest easy. The offenders who are knowingly doing this by spreading discord or making drive-by posts know who they are and I'm not going to give them the importance they crave by mentioning them.

Don't blame you. I could name names but it feels like it'd descend into a heated argument. Plus the mystery persists and that's always fun.

Also Shifty Shifty you aren't one of these. Don't worry your sweet (insert whatever the fuck your avatar animal is here) head.

Last edited:

Shifty

If you think this is about you, then no it isn't so rest easy. The offenders who are knowingly doing this by spreading discord or making drive-by posts know who they are and I'm not going to give them the importance they crave by mentioning them.
Nah, I don't think it's about me. It just struck me as an odd way to broach the topic since talking about people without giving right of response is traditionally considered passive-aggressive.

But, I can see your point about not giving them attention. If I see folks going around sowing drama for giggles my solution tends to be either to ignore the troll, or troll it in return.

Also Shifty Shifty you aren't one of these. Don't worry your sweet (insert whatever the fuck your avatar animal is here) head.
lol, cheers. He's a Fizzgig!

Hey my tag's gone! I'm free :D
Holy shit! Xaero is a free elf!

And Yoshi Yoshi said implied it would never happen.

Last edited:

plushyp

Nah, I don't think it's about me. It just struck me as an odd way to broach the topic since talking about people without giving right of response is traditionally considered passive-aggressive.

But, I can see your point about not giving them attention. If I see folks going around sowing drama my solution tends to be either to ignore the troll, or troll it in return.
Ah I see what you're saying which would have been justified had I named them but not quoted them. Anyway, this is my general observation about this particular sub-set of users who spread the unpleasantness around and make the posting atmosphere hostile. If a few of them keep continuing to do so them I'm going to PM them about it next month. Feels like it would be backseat moderating if I call them out here before doing that.

Nymphae

Banned
Why does everyone want to try and make me cry? :(

I'm sorry guys, I don't want you to hate me. I like posting here because of the community, the last thing I want is for it to dislike me or be annoyed with me :(

You're fine dude, a tag where you are being gently ribbed is a good thing. Most people don't even get tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom