• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Apparently I’ve deleted my GAF account. News to me.
PNidRRd.jpg

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Sympathy, Manabyte. It must be frustrating dealing with that, even if it won’t go anywhere.

People ought to be able to have conservative opinions without authoritarians bringing their social outcasting jackboots down. If there’s a hell, these people deserve to go to it.

Not frustrating. Just depressing to know that so many people hate you and want you dead. I bust my ass every week producing a podcast, but now I don’t have to worry about that. Stopping using Twitter all together and ceasing my sites. I’ll delete them by the end of the year.

They dont want me around then I’ll let them destroy someone else’s life. I’m done with this Bs.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not frustrating. Just depressing to know that so many people hate you and want you dead. I bust my ass every week producing a podcast, but now I don’t have to worry about that. Stopping using Twitter all together and ceasing my sites. I’ll delete them by the end of the year.

They dont want me around then I’ll let them destroy someone else’s life. I’m done with this Bs.

In today’s world especially, try to focus on the rational people. Idiots can sound much larger than they are on social media. At a guess, I’d think plenty of people love and enjoy Manabyte (I forget your real name) and the coverage he provides them.

Just sucks to see someone hurting because of this BS, and I just hope things get better for you.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
In today’s world especially, try to focus on the rational people. Idiots can sound much larger than they are on social media. At a guess, I’d think plenty of people love and enjoy Manabyte (I forget your real name) and the coverage he provides them.

Just sucks to see someone hurting because of this BS, and I just hope things get better for you.

Outside of the Internet hate mob, things are great for me. Cutting that shit out will eliminate stress.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I feel like that red wedding for console warriors a few weeks back, noticeably changed the tone of the gaming board for the better. People acting a lot more sane, and less like demented children.

I’m actually starting to read and engage with content on Gaming Side again, instead of just delivering my opinion, engaging with any replies, and bailing out. Which is a lot healthier and more fun.

teezzy

Banned
Jesus christ, who the hell are you IRL? Internet celebrity here.

If it's any peace of mind. The beauty of life is in its impermanence. Everything passes, and so will this. If that weren't the case, we'd take everything for granted. Gaf rose from the dead once and so can you. If you love your site and podcast, then just keep at it. You might even attract some new deplorables 😅

-Arcadia-

Banned
‘We don’t support pieces of shit’
‘If you support abuse, get the fuck out’

Oh, the irony. Not just in reference to each other, but in general.

All I can say I can say is good riddance to bad rubbish, ManaByte ManaByte . The real people have your back, as they always have.

I have to say, witnessing a cancellation attempt in real-time, and on someone I’m familiar with, really makes it touch home how depraved it, and these people, are.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Outside of the Internet hate mob, things are great for me. Cutting that shit out will eliminate stress.
If you disappear, they're going to interpret that as your concession and that they were right all along. It's not fair, but that's how it is. Low information people will then assume that it's true too.

I sympathize with your position, though. If you'd rather not deal with it anymore, I wouldn't blame you.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
People speak so ill of this community, its sickening. I've seen so much respect for one another and just good natured ribbing amongst one another, it feels like a bunch of old friends hanging out

This forum is unique as Hell. Every other internet community I've been a part of pales in comparison, even old Gaf. There's something special here, we all just have fun. Nobody's overlooked or just treated like some sort of lesser member. Its wonderful.

If being a proud Gaf member is enough to be 'cancelled', then fuck those self righteous bastards. Like oh he's a Republican, what a monster! That's all it takes these days.

MetalAlien

Banned

Whaaaat? Depressing? That is the cheese in my taco, the jalapeno on my pizza, the fizz in my soda, cherry on my sundae.

tenor.gif

Soooooo, I'm trying to gather the pieces together, but what happened ManaByte, if I may ask? I noticed you have a Era thread for yourself.

Congrats mate.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait, am I dreaming? I thought I saw something here that linked to a post on Era. Shiiiiiit... maybe I'm seeing things.
It was in the reset thread

edit: here

Last edited:

Flintty

Era’s vile nastiness in full view yet again. But don’t forget, NeoGAF are the bad guys!

Thank you! I was sure I saw something about it.

My VPN is not working today so I can't see the tweets though.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Oof. First one to get banned through launch, lol.

jimbojim jimbojim PostOct 28, 2020Nov 24, 2020[+Multiple] Just can't stop can you Jimbo? Every thread you're there terrified people are talking about Microsoft. Crying when they do. Your new console should arrive soon, I think it's best you take some time away to tongue it's power port.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jesus christ, who the hell are you IRL? Internet celebrity here.

If it's any peace of mind. The beauty of life is in its impermanence. Everything passes, and so will this. If that weren't the case, we'd take everything for granted. Gaf rose from the dead once and so can you. If you love your site and podcast, then just keep at it. You might even attract some new deplorables 😅

I'd totally recommend somehow coming back anonymous and under a different moniker if at all possible. These vultures will come after you if you put too much personal information out there.

good God im so sick of internet atheists shitting up every thread on religion

these people need to read a book for once in their lives

Blame: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism

This modern-day atheism is advanced by a group of thinkers and writers who advocate the view that superstition, religion and irrationalism should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, and exposed by rational argument wherever their influence arises in government, education, and politics.

Basically they're religious zealots but atheist.

O-N-E

See O-N-E O-N-E ? Reddit is shit! Shit!

Never said it wasn't. Everything is relative. There's some spots that are fine if you don't invoke politics.

4Chan is great, what's with O-N-E O-N-E constantly searching for forms of diet racism to be upset about?

Are you fucking serious right now? Diet racism? It's just plain old racism and hate. That's all. "N****r N****r N****r". "(((Very clever way to reference da joos)))", "Non-whites make Europa shit", etc.

I like to be reasonable and post in an environment that facilitates that. Allowing any ol' racist in doesn't work for me. It doesn't improve the quality of a forum. Whatever side of you that delights in that kind of shit being posted is broken. Even if you didn't give a shit that it's racist, you'd have to deal with the repetitive brain-dead nature of it all. Just a mass of shit gunking up the flow of a discussion.

Nymphae

Banned
Are you fucking serious right now? Diet racism? It's just plain old racism and hate. That's all. "N****r N****r N****r". "(((Very clever way to reference da joos)))", "Non-whites make Europa shit", etc.

In an anonymous tiny corner of the internet that media ignores and majority of the population doesn't even know exists, who the fuck cares that extremely online edgelords like to edge in their edging cave

O-N-E

In an anonymous tiny corner of the internet that media ignores and majority of the population doesn't even know exists, who the fuck cares that extremely online edgelords like to edge in their edging cave

I don't. Whoever runs Chan wants it like that. I just don't go there, participate, nor pretend that GAF is a place for that garbage.

That triggers some people for whatever reason.

O-N-E

Is that what was being discussed? Where are people behaving like that here?

People here are talking about visiting 4Chan. I gave my clear-cut assessment on it.

That triggered E Explosive Zombie because I asked him earlier why he was reposting stuff from a white-supremacist instagram meme account.

It's fair to be curious who you're posting alongside with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom