• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So, I had some money left over after seeing Resident Evil 2 was $40, going to the store to buy $50 of Xbox credit, and coming back to find out it had gone on sale for $15. Lol.

I did something I never do, and just scrolled through the shop’s top rated at random, waiting for something to jump out at me. I saw Portal for 360 (bless the BC) and decided to finally just play it, instead of waiting another 10+ years for the awesome PC I will never get. 😋

It is amazing. I completely get it now. And I kind of want to smack myself for being so late to the party.
I think L4D2 got a 4k patch.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think L4D2 got a 4k patch.

This did too. It doesn’t really do a whole lot, because the textures and such are so old in the first place, but it keeps everything looking nice on a modern TV.

I absolutely adore what they’ve done with the portals, and just how much creative fun they’ve wrung out of this simple idea. It’s kind of mind bending, because you’ll have an idea, be like, no way that works, and then it works, lol. It kind of has that magic, already, that only the most special games have.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I feel like Bo is reaching that stage too

Yep. Should be careful. No matter how likable you are, they will drop the perm eventually, if you just brush off all the warnings and bans and just keep going, constantly.

I really don’t know why they’re all playing games with the moderation this close to next-gen. Can you not help yourself to that extent? I can’t imagine how much it would suck to be banned through that.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seriously tho...when is enough, enough?

Not Bo, but I think console warriors could use a couple of thousand less chances. Maybe that’s what’s happening now.

There’s a difference between:

-The poster that makes a mistake, receives guidance, and changes
-The poster that gets their latest ban out of dozens of those, reply bans, and warnings, and is back at it within 24 hours

Gaf moderation is perfect for the former, but on the latter, it seems like kindness just being taken advantage of by people that have no intention of paying it back, whilst we all have to put up with the result.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not Bo, but I think console warriors could use a couple of thousand less chances. Maybe that’s what’s happening now.

There’s a difference between:

-The poster that makes a mistake, receives guidance, and changes
-The poster that gets their latest ban out of dozens of those, reply bans, and warnings, and is back at it within 24 hours

Gaf moderation is perfect for the former, but on the latter, it seems like kindness just being taken advantage of by people that have no intention of paying it back, whilst we all have to put up with the result.

I am not going to pretend I know their policies and such, and at the end of the day banning people is truly not in their best interest due to revenue ,(conspiracy theory maybe?) but i concur with the second point. Dude was permed, got a second chance and now has been banned 3 times by my count. I think the only other people that been banned that many times are thomaz and geordie minus a perm. People were banned for going agianst Cerny and those three have constantly cried out bullshit for months and just keep get slaps on the wrist. One time letting is slide sure, but we are way past letting it slide imo.

Rant over.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Likable posters? Wait. You all think you’re likable?

tumblr_mwqhf0RRvT1qz5q5lo1_500.gifv

teezzy

Banned
So, I had some money left over after seeing Resident Evil 2 was $40, going to the store to buy $50 of Xbox credit, and coming back to find out it had gone on sale for $15. Lol.

I did something I never do, and just scrolled through the shop’s top rated at random, waiting for something to jump out at me. I saw Portal for 360 (bless the BC) and decided to finally just play it, instead of waiting another 10+ years for the awesome PC I will never get. 😋

It is amazing. I completely get it now. And I kind of want to smack myself for being so late to the party.

Nice pick! Yes, BC is awesome. So, so awesome. Just wait until you build that PC finally...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

I feel like Bo is reaching that stage too. It's mostly harmless shit in comparison to other hardcore fanboys, but it's accumulating and he's lacking the self awareness to tone it down.
Yep. Should be careful. No matter how likable you are, they will drop the perm eventually, if you just brush off all the warnings and bans and just keep going, constantly.

I really don’t know why they’re all playing games with the moderation this close to next-gen. Can you not help yourself to that extent? I can’t imagine how much it would suck to be banned through that.
Some of these fanboys are probably being paid to shill while others find it entertaining to console war. Either way I think they just don't care about what the forum staff have to say to them. I don't think they ever will. These console warriors are just too far gone and deserve the ban hammer.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Darkness
endless
despair
fear
no
more
coldness
blackened
no