• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakov

Gold Member
Archeologists in the 19th century be like
PNgUzex.jpg

ManofOne

Plus Member
Serious question here and I dunno if this is the thread to ask but if I notice a REEE and he just purposely being inflammatory, what the procedure here. Just report it?

It feels like some of you guys are just trying to be ideologically consistent even if the rest of the world isn't. It makes me think of Libertarians arguing for free trade while the entire rest of the world doesn't participate in free trade, it just means you get to be the loser... maybe you're a principled loser, but you're still a loser. If we had police shutting down all the rioting for the past decade then what happened yesterday would feel more par for the course to me. I can't even say for sure that the use of force on rioters was to protect federal buildings... plenty of riots have involved them, we've had the capitol stormed before, as well. In 2011, over Kavaugh, etc. We've had Washington DC literally in flames. You could say "I wouldn't have shed a tear for any of those people catching a bullet, either" but they didn't, at least not from the people who are meant to serve and protect us, they've allowed all of this for a long time. The double standards are never going to stop, maybe we should stop rolling over for them?

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
It feels like some of you guys are just trying to be ideologically consistent even if the rest of the world isn't. It makes me think of Libertarians arguing for free trade while the entire rest of the world doesn't participate in free trade, it just means you get to be the loser... maybe you're a principled loser, but you're still a loser. If we had police shutting down all the rioting for the past decade then what happened yesterday would feel more par for the course to me. I can't even say for sure that the use of force on rioters was to protect federal buildings... plenty of riots have involved them, we've had the capitol stormed before, as well. In 2011, over Kavaugh, etc. We've had Washington DC literally in flames. You could say "I wouldn't have shed a tear for any of those people catching a bullet, either" but they didn't, at least not from the people who are meant to serve and protect us, they've allowed all of this for a long time. The double standards are never going to stop, maybe we should stop rolling over for them?
tldr

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

this is a video game forum bro relax

oh, btw, part 6 features the worst glitch i've encountered in the game it starts at around 3 hours and 15 minutes or so and nearly the entire rest of the video (45 minutes or so) is me trying to work my way around it and figure out how to get the game to move forward, lol. But I didn't give up and go to an earlier save! Eventually I got the game to progress

ACMUOZS.jpg

Perpetuating them isn't going to make them go away. Do not become what you hate.

I'm not, I'm being consistent. I have been against the militarization of the police force for a long time now. It's just amazing to me the double standards, whole cities, including DC itself, burn and police don't shoot anyone... one lady tries to get in the window of a building that the public is allowed to enter... shot dead. She'd be a martyr were this a BLM protest.

I had two separate posts reacted to in the past 20 minutes from the same thread that hasn't been bumped since September... and it was two different people doing it... why are two different people reading a thread from September and reacting my posts? lol

Fuck, it's the same guy, my mistake, my eyes jumbled the reacts up

Last edited:
Dear Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat

I was wrong. It only took me an hour and a half to finish. Including clean up. I managed to make it home by 6:15. When I came home the kids just wanted to play Mario Kart. So we played until dinner. Or course once dinner was done the kids wanted to watch Dolittle again. After bath and bedtime the wife and I cracked open some wine to celebrate. It was a very peaceful night.

With my side project complete I can't wait to get home and relax. Hot Pot is for dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm making chili. Other than that I have no special plans for this weekend.

Sincerely yours, Richard.

Ornlu

Banned
I'm not, I'm being consistent. I have been against the militarization of the police force for a long time now. It's just amazing to me the double standards, whole cities, including DC itself, burn and police don't shoot anyone... one lady tries to get in the window of a building that the public is allowed to enter... shot dead. She'd be a martyr were this a BLM protest.

I'd say in this case both things can be true at the same time; there IS a clear, undeniable double standard as far as the media goes, and at the same time it's not unforeseeable that you can be killed at a protest/riot.

Jethalal

Banned
Dear Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat

I was wrong. It only took me an hour and a half to finish. Including clean up. I managed to make it home by 6:15. When I came home the kids just wanted to play Mario Kart. So we played until dinner. Or course once dinner was done the kids wanted to watch Dolittle again. After bath and bedtime the wife and I cracked open some wine to celebrate. It was a very peaceful night.

With my side project complete I can't wait to get home and relax. Hot Pot is for dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm making chili. Other than that I have no special plans for this weekend.

Sincerely yours, Richard.
Which Dolittle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom