• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Guilty_AI

Pretty much but more extreme.
A weeb is a non-Japanese person who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that they wish they were actually Japanese.
573.png

Guilty_AI

A least you guys have a sense of humor but I’m not wrong if I am feel free to correct me.
What you described used to be what people called weabos.

Weeb is basically a meme version born out of it and used in pretty much any anime related community as an inside joke.

db23b4282323e702e2b6e37b5ca25620.jpg

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Same thing ...lol
Don't get me wrong I have watched Anime and read some manga in the past but some members are so obsessed with the culture to the point of every post contains some part of that culture perpetuating that truth.
The original poster I quoted only posts weeb shit and that is reality.

Last edited:

Ionian

How about a neat weeb? (Note the figurines)

Or a cringey one?

Each to their own naturally but denying there is people who think spending a fortune on this type of stuff does seem pretty weird to people who find it odd.

Their money though. More power to them. Can still cringe though when you see it.

EDIT: Who was the girl that had a stream (popular) and went to Japan to be interviewed and it was a disaster? Think she dropped off the map very quickly.

Last edited:

Ionian

EDIT: Who was the girl that had a stream (popular) and went to Japan to be interviewed and it was a disaster? Think she dropped off the map very quickly.

Found her (Took ages). Was just videos of her looking at a camera, so odd. Was popular and very weird. Think the Japan interviews ruined her channel though.

If you haven't seen her videos, she just looks at the camera and makes facial expressions. Weird stuff but was popular for a while.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Found her (Took ages). Was just videos of her looking at a camera, so odd. Was popular and very weird. Think the Japan interviews ruined her channel though.

If you haven't seen her videos, she just looks at the camera and makes facial expressions. Weird stuff but was popular for a while.

She certainly had the teeth to fit right in, in Japan.

Ionian

She certainly had the teeth to fit right in, in Japan.

I don't even remember how or why she got popular, can't have been Twitch as it didn't exist yet. Maybe blew up on YouTube, going back ages though.

Her videos were pretty cringe, she never opened her mouth. Was very odd stuff, just made faces at the camera.

I wasn't into that stuff but just was talked about and popular at the time.

Funny thing is everyone thought she was Asian and she could barely speak it when she got there.

.Pennywise

Banned
Hi, do you know the place where I can appeal to a totally arbritary close and thread deletion and posts being deleted from my account?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hi, do you know the place where I can appeal to a totally arbritary close and thread deletion and posts being deleted from my account?
Just message one of the mods. either they will address it themselves or they will forward your message on to somebody who can.

.Pennywise

Banned
Just message one of the mods. either they will address it themselves or they will forward your message on to somebody who can.
Yeah, the problem is, who should I message since I don't know what moderator is after me since he's deleting my posts and threads.

When I asked how could I appeal, my post was deleted and my privilegies for replying were revoked.

8u7HwUr.png

This was the post

0e5P31v.png

And this was the thread that I could take a capture before they deleted it, just to show that in any way did I do what was stated in the warning issue

nMoH48a.png

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Yeah, the problem is, who should I message since I don't know what moderator is after me since he's deleting my posts and threads.

When I asked how could I appeal, my post was deleted and my privilegies for replying were revoked.

8u7HwUr.png

This was the post

0e5P31v.png

And this was the thread that I could take a capture before they deleted it, just to show that in any way did I do what was stated in the warning issue

nMoH48a.png
Contact EviLore EviLore then if you really believe you have been wronged that badly. Otherwise I would just contact literally any mod. The staff is helpful. They will give you answers.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You cannot honestly believe your opening post to that thread wasn't pure console war bait. Want me to demonstrate how you make that thread properly? Watch:

"To which degree do you believe Bethesda games will appear on Playstation console in the future?"

Not hard. Shame, because I wanted to see those numbers.

Edit: here, did it myself https://www.neogaf.com/threads/poll...ll-come-to-playstation-in-the-future.1595387/

Last edited:

8u7HwUr.png

This was the post

0e5P31v.png

nMoH48a.png

Like most console warriors you don’t even know when you’re warring.

Soodanim

8u7HwUr.png

This was the post

0e5P31v.png

nMoH48a.png
It's not the poll, it's the post that did it. Which is a shame, because the poll was well constructed. But console warring is a constant annoyance, and that was fuel for the fire.

The real crime is using the light theme, though

Drunkenski

Neo Member
Hi EviLore EviLore ,
Apologies for bugging you in this manner. I had a user reach out to me that recently requested a self ban, and would now like to reverse that action. They say they tried using site support functions with no luck and asked to tag you directly.

Here is the message and user.
@Sidney Prescott

"I'd like to reverse my ban request but have no idea how to contact the staff anymore. If someone could tag EviLore on there and let him know what's up, I'd greatly appreciate it. Take care. Again, sorry. I've tried using the Support function on GAF but to no avail.
It is Sidney Prescott on GAF, by the way."

Hi EviLore EviLore ,
Apologies for bugging you in this manner. I had a user reach out to me that recently requested a self ban, and would now like to reverse that action. They say they tried using site support functions with no luck and asked to tag you directly.

@Sidney Prescott

"I'd like to reverse my ban request but have no idea how to contact the staff anymore. If someone could tag EviLore on there and let him know what's up, I'd greatly appreciate it. Take care. Again, sorry. I've tried using the Support function on GAF but to no avail.

Nice try Sidney, we know this is you.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi EviLore EviLore ,

@Sidney Prescott

All set.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Nice try Sidney, we know this is you.
tenor.gif

Appreciate it, brother!

sHCf8Qw.gif

source.gif

God I missed posting my GIF's!

Good to see you guys. Sorry I left so abruptly. I got some bad news about a family member, and honestly, I think I burnt myself out posting too much. Someone pointed out that I made over 1,200 posts in a month, and that shocked me as well. I have quite an addictive personality so I tend to latch on to things in extremes. Lately, I've been doing really well to tone down my internet usage. I've been using this website blocker that essentially blocks you out of sites on certain days. Whilst that doesn't treat the symptom, it does bring me some self-awareness when I mindlessly open up a tab.

Anyways, enough about that. Happy to be back, and in a better mindset.

You guys are the best!

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Good to see you guys. Sorry I left so abruptly. I got some bad news about a family member, and honestly, I think I burnt myself out posting too much. Someone pointed out that I made over 1,200 posts in a month, and that shocked me as well. I have quite an addictive personality so I tend to latch on to things in extremes. Lately, I've been doing really well to tone down my internet usage. I've been using this website blocker that essentially blocks you out of sites on certain days. Whilst that doesn't treat the symptom, it does bring me some self-awareness when I mindlessly open up a tab.

Anyways, enough about that. Happy to be back, and in a better mindset.

You guys are the best!
I may need a website blocker like that in my life too. What's the name?

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I may need a website blocker like that in my life too. What's the name?
Search up Cold Turkey Blocker and it should be the first thing that pops up.

I've been using it for about a week now, and it seems to work really well for me.

I'm sure there is a way around the block, but it's a pain in the ass to remove. It basically makes you feel bad for opening up sites, just great for self-awareness. You can set a time limit for however long you want and it will keep those sites blocked until the specified date.

There is an option to block you from using the computer completely, but I ain't playing around with that.

no way friday GIF

Good luck! It kept me off Reddit for a week, which is the longest I've gone without lurking Reddit in years probably.
Sometimes you get in deeper than you ever intended.

abyss GIF

Top Bottom