• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Nymphae

Banned
A small pet peeve of mine is when users continue to converse/argue with someone without @'ing or quoting them. The only reason I can think of for doing this is because you actually don't want to engage anymore and thus don't want to poke the bear with a notification, or want to have the last word. Either way I think it's just a rude practice, if you are speaking to someone I think you should be @'ing them or quoting the post you are responding to.

"It's true," said MiyazakiHatesKojima. "There's just no way I can win!"

tumblr_nefu26lxtZ1tqn5m5o1_500.gif

Papa

Banned
MODS HALP

What was the reason for this guy’s ban? I looked at his comments in that Gun Gun Pixies thread and they didn’t seem particularly ban or tag worthy to me. In fact, I kinda agree with him that the content of that game is highly questionable.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
MODS HALP

What was the reason for this guy’s ban? I looked at his comments in that Gun Gun Pixies thread and they didn’t seem particularly ban or tag worthy to me. In fact, I kinda agree with him that the content of that game is highly questionable.

Whether the game is to your tastes or not, I’d say getting banned after making 2 driveby posts and then coming back the next day to make 3 more insulting generalisations and then insinuating that a fellow GAF member is knowingly masturbating to simulated underage sexualisation is pretty self-explanatory. Not sure why you go in to bat the way you do sometimes.

These are his posts in that thread:

You know you’ve hit rock bottom when you find yourself jackin’ it to this game.
Guarantee you 95% of the people who buy this game are overweight and/or have a body odor problem.
As a man who has successfully reproduced, you most definitely aren’t the target audience for this stuff.

These games are designed for incels, pedos, guys who are terrified of interacting with girls, and anybody else who has given up on the idea of a normal sex life.
Way to stereotype and stigmatize there, buddy.

There are plenty of incels, shut-ins, herbivores, and others who play these types of games. Many of them have only mildly pedophilic tendencies.
The characters are designed to look way younger. Those two main characters look like they’re about 13. You aren’t fooling anybody. It’s not like this is the first time anime has done this.
Hey man, whatever you have to tell yourself to lessen the shame of jackin it to this stuff.

Papa

Banned
Whether the game is to your tastes or not, I’d say getting banned after making 2 driveby posts and then coming back the next day to make 3 more insulting generalisations and then insinuating that a fellow GAF member is knowingly masturbating to simulated underage sexualisation is pretty self-explanatory. Not sure why you go in to bat the way you do sometimes.

These are his posts in that thread:

Well the first two comments seemed like jokes (I lold) but then a few sensitive weebs got triggered by them and Barsinister Barsinister ‘s awesome cartoons (I lold again). Then Big Brain Punished Miku Punished Miku said they were being racist to Japanese culture (confused lol ??) and it snowballed from there. I don’t understand why people enjoy/defend games that sexualise characters who look like children or why these games are considered ok in the first place. Maybe because the age of consent is lower in Japan? I dunno, but he didn’t single any GAFer out with a pedo/incel accusation and was generalizing about the audience of those kinds of games.

Secret best comment of the thread though:

P20Bxnv.jpg

Barnabot

MODS HALP

Some people really lose their shit when they get a tag about something they don't like :pie_thinking:

Papa

Banned
I should also point out that the mods often send PMs telling you to dial it back a bit before taking action. I know I’ve received several. We therefore may not have the full context of what led up to his ban so I’m only going off what I could see in the thread.

Papa

Banned
The last quote I posted of his was aimed directly at a Gaffer.

lol that was a flippant joke at the end of the snowball. He didn’t call him a pedo or incel. We’ve all made “whatever helps you sleep at night” kinds of comments. Was he wrong tho?

865iya4.jpg

dNlcnya.jpg

These are the two characters in question:

z1n1WNs.jpg

More context:

kZih8nK.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
lol that was a flippant joke at the end of the snowball. He didn’t call him a pedo or incel. We’ve all made “whatever helps you sleep at night” kinds of comments. Was he wrong tho?

865iya4.jpg

dNlcnya.jpg

These are the two characters in question:

z1n1WNs.jpg

More context:

kZih8nK.jpg
I don’t care about provocative screenshots of the game. I don’t care about the game. We are talking about his behaviour that lead to his ban.

I think a temp ban was justified in this case. You say light-hearted banter or jokes, but I see someone insulting anime fans with sweeping generalisations. And I’m not even a fan of anime, so that’s not my goal here.

I’m just saying that he got temporarily banned for being insulting and antagonistic. He didn’t get permed. So, why does this need a defence force?

Papa

Banned
I don’t care about provocative screenshots of the game. I don’t care about the game. We are talking about his behaviour that lead to his ban.

I think a temp ban was justified in this case. You say light-hearted banter or jokes, but I see someone insulting anime fans with sweeping generalisations. And I’m not even a fan of anime, so that’s not my goal here.

I’m just saying that he got temporarily banned for being insulting and antagonistic. He didn’t get permed. So, why does this need a defence force?

Temp bans still need to be justified. From what I can see, I don’t think this one was. But that’s why we have this thread, isn’t it? To discuss things that affect the meta of the forum?

Btw I think equating people playing Gun Gun Pixies with all anime fans is more insulting tbh.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Temp bans still need to be justified. From what I can see, I don’t think this one was. But that’s why we have this thread, isn’t it? To discuss things that affect the meta of the forum?

Btw I think equating people playing Gun Gun Pixies with all anime fans is more insulting tbh.

Got to disagree. It isn't much to ask people to *attempt* to have semi-decent quality posts instead of low quality drive by baits only done to instigate. Dude did not do anything other than insult people who may have enjoyed games he didn't, making sweeping generalizations, and continued low effort posts. His post history speaks for itself and I can only say that it was a long time coming for him.

Papa

Banned
Got to disagree. It isn't much to ask people to *attempt* to have semi-decent quality posts instead of low quality drive by baits only done to instigate. Dude did not do anything other than insult people who may have enjoyed games he didn't, making sweeping generalizations, and continued low effort posts. His post history speaks for itself and I can only say that it was a long time coming for him.

I'm not aware of whatever history he may have had outside of that thread. I agree with his views on the creepiness of that game though.

Tesseract

Banned

would need to see citations on the low quality drive by baits to instigate, as it's ultimately the messages behind the emotions that matter

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
sometimes you wanna air some laundry for a greater discussion, especially if it involves the mods

tho i agree he should've prioritized mods first and reached out before making a thread to shit on the board

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm not aware of whatever history he may have had outside of that thread. I agree with his views on the creepiness of that game though.

The game isn't my cup of tea either. Doesn't really give the user a right to openly call people pedophiles, incels, or otherwise if they are interested in the game. This is NeoGAF, not ResetEra. Games aren't banned from discussion here and people shouldn't be falsely accused of something as serious as pedophilia for finding enjoyment out of those games.

would need to see citations on the low quality drive by baits to instigate, as it's ultimately the messages behind the emotions that matter

His post history is available for anyone to look at.

Top Bottom