• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Nymphae

Banned
But why would I ever put you on ignore?

It does seem impossible I know. Ask that idiot Papa Papa , or JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered

Only if I thought that you were deliberately trying to steal my time in a particularly disrespectful way. Telling you that I put you on ignore would give you the chance of learing it up if it was a misunderstanding of mine and otherwise you'd know not to waste any more time on me.

Ah ok, I do understand that I guess, giving someone you are arguing with a heads up that they are now not able to get through to you, I guess you are kinder than I, if that were me I'd just say fuck the idiot, let him keep sending me posts I don't care lol.

That being said it would be rather surprising to me if I ever wanted to put you on ignore ;)

I appreciate the kind words! You are safe from my list as well lol.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
#BanCunthFromGAF

7dPRoRt.gif

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to finally go gold. I don't usually do that kind of thing but it's a good cause, restoring civility and intellectual discourse on the internet. It's not a huge contribution but I felt it time to put my money where my mouth is and to thank EL with something more useful than words.

plushyp

I've been thinking about this for a while but the Post a picture of yourself shouldn't be used as a joke thread to post random pictures of people from the net. The thread title is "Post a picture of yourself" not "Post a random person from the internet". Defeats the purpose of the thread if used for anything else.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Alright grandma. If you want thuper therial conversation, that’s what the politics board is for, but I never see you there. OT is for superhero news and sperging out.
In all seriousness, it’s fucking annoying to finally be able to get to know GAF members after the ‘one word post’ dimwits moved on, only to have people changing their usernames like their playing with their toys in the sandpit. It’s confusing. If you want to display some individuality, come up with a fun thread idea.

I know, I know. “Old man yells at clouds”. I get it. But, it really is annoying.

As for the politics forum, I browse it every now and again, but there is a limited amount of fucks to give when it comes to American politics. There’s only so much AOC, Pocahontas, Creepy Joe and Orange Man I can take. I’m also not into getting into pointless circular arguments with the resident NPCs (you know who they are).

Conspiracies? That sounds interesting. Where the threads at?

In all seriousness, it’s fucking annoying to finally be able to get to know GAF members after the ‘one word post’ dimwits moved on, only to have people changing their usernames like their playing with their toys in the sandpit. It’s confusing. If you want to display some individuality, come up with a fun thread idea.
I'm with you on this, except seeing Matt change his name to mirror mine was the highlight of my week.

Papa

Banned

I know, I know. “Old man yells at clouds”. I get it. But, it really is annoying.

As for the politics forum, I browse it every now and again, but there is a limited amount of fucks to give when it comes to American politics. There’s only so much AOC, Pocahontas, Creepy Joe and Orange Man I can take. I’m also not into getting into pointless circular arguments with the resident NPCs (you know who they are).

Conspiracies? That sounds interesting. Where the threads at?

Sigh.

Do you think it would’ve been possible to goof around like this when the ‘one word posters’ were still here and everyone was walking on egg shells? In jokes are a sign of a healthy community. It means we’re comfortable and familiar enough with each other to take the risk. Sure, some people feel excluded by in jokes, but unless they’re actively being prevented from participating then that’s their problem and not worth worrying about.

There’s still plenty of good conversation going on, just with a side of irreverent gallows humour. If the humour takes centre stage for a bit or even strays into childishness, so what? The rest of the internet is so fucking serious and stressful all the time, so what’s wrong with blowing off steam here and injecting a bit of levity? It’s not stopping the serious conversation, just providing a side attraction for those of us who just want to goof off and have fun like the old days instead of wading through the miserable pile of shit that is the modern internet.

The joke will run its course in a couple of weeks and we will likely revert back to our old names like we did with the autocunth avatars. I doubt the mods would be so spiteful as to force us to keep these new names permanently, especially with so many old men complaining. And if they are, well so be it. It’s not the end of the world. It’s not like we joined Resetera and cut our dicks off.

Sigh.

Do you think it would’ve been possible to goof around like this when the ‘one word posters’ were still here and everyone was walking on egg shells? In jokes are a sign of a healthy community. It means we’re comfortable and familiar enough with each other to take the risk. Sure, some people feel excluded by in jokes, but unless they’re actively being prevented from participating then that’s their problem and not worth worrying about.

There’s still plenty of good conversation going on, just with a side of irreverent gallows humour. If the humour takes centre stage for a bit or even strays into childishness, so what? The rest of the internet is so fucking serious and stressful all the time, so what’s wrong with blowing off steam here and injecting a bit of levity? It’s not stopping the serious conversation, just providing a side attraction for those of us who just want to goof off and have fun like the old days instead of wading through the miserable pile of shit that is the modern internet.

The joke will run its course in a couple of weeks and we will likely revert back to our old names like we did with the autocunth avatars. I doubt the mods would be so spiteful as to force us to keep these new names permanently, especially with so many old men complaining. And if they are, well so be it. It’s not the end of the world. It’s not like we joined Resetera and cut our dicks off.

uvaq17w.jpg

Real talk, though. I highly agree that forums should be a place of both serious discussions and humorous takes.

Praise KEK, ofcourse.

Papa

Banned
P.S. if you really want someone to blame, look at Melon Melon (deadname: Melon). She started the trend, though to be fair, CyberPanda CyberPanda did it before her (deadname: CurryPanda). Now that I think about it, Melon did it again before that (deadname: Melancholy). Actually... if we go all the way back to the start, it was 嫩翼 (aka wings aka wangs; deadname: Asympathetique). So when you think about it, this is all wangs’ fault.

P.S. if you really want someone to blame, look at Melon Melon (deadname: Melon). She started the trend, though to be fair, CyberPanda CyberPanda did it before her (deadname: CurryPanda). Now that I think about it, Melon did it again before that (deadname: Melancholy). Actually... if we go all the way back to the start, it was 嫩翼 (aka wings aka wangs; deadname: Asympathetique). So when you think about it, this is all wangs’ fault.
Dawg....
xzibit-wtf.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sigh.

A) I’m not feeling left out. That’s ridiculous. Not sure where you got that idea. You seem to be implying that I feel excluded. That’s weird.

B) There is already a metric fuckton of joking around on newGAF as you are well aware. Not confusing people isn’t going to take away your fun or stop the jokes.

C) I’m well aware that people are just having fun. I am just stating for the record that changing usernames unnecessarily is REALLY.FUCKING.ANNOYING.

D) I am also aware that my opinion isn’t going to change anything, but I’m gonna say it anyway.

E) I take it back. I have plenty of fucks to give to Tulsi Gabbard.

Yes and I bitched to every one of them. You are not special.

Top Bottom