• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Nymphae

Banned
It’s the same here, lol. You probably switched devices or orientations.

But it was like that on my PC earlier when I was replying, then I checked it on my phone and it was fixed, so I double checked the PC again and it was fixed there as well. Thought it might have been a window size change or something but that wasn't it either.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What’s the third one? 🤔
762376.jpg

:messenger_smirking::messenger_smirking::messenger_smirking:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What happened to the Hot or Not thread? It stopped sending me notifications ages ago (surprise, surprise) and I just realised. A thread search turns up nothing.

brap

Banned
What happened to the Hot or Not thread? It stopped sending me notifications ages ago (surprise, surprise) and I just realised. A thread search turns up nothing.
you know its hawt not hot right?

flirt with her one more fucking time and *teleports behding u and puts my katana to your throat*
you wont like it...

Papa

Banned
you know its hawt not hot right?

flirt with her one more fucking time and *teleports behding u and puts my katana to your throat*
you wont like it...

You know if brap’s interested in her, she’s not really a she

Papa

Banned
We got a live one boiz

I got nothing else to add but I too want to dismantle colonial, racist, patriarchal systems of oppression. I may have little interest in her or this doc unless it gets a positive reception and/or critical traction BUT she seems like a smart kid campaigning for the right causes. The disability awareness she raises is another plus. Frankly, the biggest one on a personal level as the 2 smarts people I met have Asperger.

Isn´t the politiXs corner a better fit for all of this btw?

I freshly turned into a member so I can post in the politiXs section. But I won´t as both Era and Gaf are the worst places on earth to do this. Member when this site drove the Hillary campaign? Yeah... lol. How the tables have turned. I only want to get my one post in the legendary shit-show of a sub-forum. Don´t mind me.

I actually know the Oscars and how they work/vote due to being a hardcore Cinephile and they aren´t and have never been "woke". Yet I am willing to commend them on the reform after #OscarsSoWhite and most importantly male and old. How bad things were only half a decade ago: https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...76-men-and-an-average-of-63-years-old/284163/

PS: Fuck Fox.

Edit: The Joker speech was good btw:

More of this.

brap

Banned
We got a live one boiz
>I actually know the Oscars and how they work/vote due to being a hardcore Cinephile and they aren´t and have never been "woke".
lmao nigga thinks he's in the industry because he watches a bunch of hollywood garbage and reads shit online :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Hollywood culture (I'm an expert), but wokeness and shame aren't huge parts of it.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You don't feel that flies too close to being banned for wrongthink? Especially since he didn't violate the TOS.

Like this, there's always room for dialogue.

What about this:

“I freshly turned into a member so I can post in the politiXs section. But I won´t as both Era and Gaf are the worst places on earth to do this. Member when this site drove the Hillary campaign? Yeah... lol. How the tables have turned. I only want to get my one post in the legendary shit-show of a sub-forum. Don´t mind me.”

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah that post Matt quoted isn't necessarily the best look, but it kinda comes off as being a both sides, tryhard, above it all , edgelord. Especially since:
What about this:

“I freshly turned into a member so I can post in the politiXs section. But I won´t as both Era and Gaf are the worst places on earth to do this. Member when this site drove the Hillary campaign? Yeah... lol. How the tables have turned. I only want to get my one post in the legendary shit-show of a sub-forum. Don´t mind me.”
The "so I can post in the politics section" sounds like a statement of potential rather than intent. Like, I'm a member now so I am able to post here.

Also, the "But I won't", and the "I only want to get my one post in" sounds like it's not planning on being a continuous thing.

But I can't see the rest of his post history, so I can't really make any judgements further than that.

-Arcadia-

Banned
To me, it’s hard to argue with the damning feel of this:

I only want to get my one post in the legendary shit-show of a sub-forum.

I mean, would you walk into a business, start publicly trashing it to other patrons, and be surprised when the owner shows you the door?

That combined with being a stark raving loony, that also for some reason needs to spell Politics with an x. That last part is ban-worthy alone.

Papa

Banned
Yeah that post Matt quoted isn't necessarily the best look, but it kinda comes off as being a both sides, tryhard, above it all , edgelord. Especially since:

The "so I can post in the politics section" sounds like a statement of potential rather than intent. Like, I'm a member now so I am able to post here.

Also, the "But I won't", and the "I only want to get my one post in" sounds like it's not planning on being a continuous thing.

But I can't see the rest of his post history, so I can't really make any judgements further than that.

Equalises us with a lazy comparison to Ree: “But I won´t as both Era and Gaf are the worst places on earth to do this.”

Makes his intentions clear with metacommentary: “I only want to get my
one post in the legendary shit-show of a sub-forum.”

Pretty easy to see him for the infected screecher he was.

Also you don’t need to be able to see his profile to see his post history. Just search his name with the

Nymphae

Banned

Also you don’t need to be able to see his profile to see his post history. Just search his name with the

Go to any post of theirs, hover over name, click the number under the word messages, post history revealed

That last part is ban-worthy alone.

I'm not seeing it at all, this feels like pre-emptive banning for potential future behaviours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom