• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banzai

From a speedrun I saw, seems like the fastest way is to
use the rocket launcher and shoot the AAs from the spawn, no reflex should give a S rank

Yeah that's what I did. I can't count the number of times I failed because I tried to put C4 on every AA gun.

Azax

Guys, the financial report indicated that the game will release in Q1 of FY2016, i.e. between Apr-Jun 2015. Below is my reasoning for the same.

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/1106_321391.pdf

• The report is for FY 2015 (which means Apr 2014-Mar 2015), specifically for the 2nd Quarter (Q2) and states that this Q2 period ends Sep 30, 2014

• This confirms that their financial year is in the following manner - Q1 (Apr-Jun), Q2 (Jul -Sep), Q3 (Oct-Dec), Q4 (Jan-Mar)

• Note that in the Q2 releases/pipeline slide it lists Jul-Sep 2014 releases and immediate 'pipeline' i.e. releases that follow. The last dated product is for Spring 2015 which implies that title is scheduled for Apr-May.

• The 'pipeline' list clearly does not cover the the period beyond Q1 since PES 2016 (which should be either Sep or Nov i.e. Q2 or Q3) is nowhere to be mentioned.

• Hence it is clear that they are indicating to investors the MGSV: TPP will release in Q1, i.e. between Apr-Jun 2015.

Please be right <3

Rajang

Yeah that's what I did. I can't count the number of times I failed because I tried to put C4 on every AA gun.

What you can also do is use the first AA gun to destroy the two other AA guns. And then blow up the first one with C4. Plant the rest of the C4 charges on the ground (where the tank will be) and then blow up the tank when it shows up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-release-date-l_tdb1.jpg

WTF? why does it say "Q3"?

Here it says Q2.

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/1106_321391.pdf

Arkham Inmate

Neo Member
Hey guys, just updating the link in my post:

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2015/0205_510530.pdf

The report for Q3 is for Oct-Dec 2014 and 'pipeline' covers during everything after. PES2016 is a surety and not something that would be undisclosed especially in a financial report for investors since it would be a key revenue generator for the year. This clearly leads me to believe that we are only being shown titles that will release before end June 2015.

Dawg

Notice how some stuff is on there with a march release?

That means may/june seems very likely now. Don't think they would put a october/november game on there :3 Like Arkham said, no PES2016!

Banzai

What you can also do is use the first AA gun to destroy the two other AA guns. And then blow up the first one with C4. Plant the rest of the C4 charges on the ground (where the tank will be) and then blow up the tank when it shows up.

Haha, weird how AA guns and rocket launchers, the loudest possible ways to complete the mission, get you the S rank the easiest. STEALTH!

Azax

Hey guys, just updating the link in my post:

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2015/0205_510530.pdf

The report for Q3 is for Oct-Dec 2014 and 'pipeline' covers during everything after. PES2016 is a surety and not something that would be undisclosed especially in a financial report for investors since it would be a key revenue generator for the year. This clearly leads me to believe that we are only being shown titles that will release before end June 2015.

It sure sounds and feels right. Why would they even put TPP there if it were to release late 2015

brau

Not to derail. But.

Persona 5 Stream. hopefully with some gameplay in a few mins!

It would be awesome to see MGS release on March :( makes me sad it won't happen.

Godan

So will there be like a big collectors edition for this?

Never got one for any game before but would like to make MGS:V my first.

dc89

Well tomorrow is my birthday.
Which reminds me of my birthday just before MGS2 was set to launch in the EU.

I remember it well. I had my copy pre-ordered months in advance from Blockbuster. I would ring them up regularly, just to check the release date hadn't moved (I didn't have the Internet back then) and sigh a sigh of release when they said "It's still down for Feb 22". Until... One day I rang... and was told it was now March 8. My heart sunk, I had to go from waiting 16 days for my birthday present to a whole 30 days. It sucked. I made a little calendar so I could cross out the days.

Before long, March 8 rolled around. It was a school day (A Friday if I remember rightly) and I had to get through that whole day in school before my mum would take me to Blockbuster to pick up my present. I remember going to Blockbuster and picking it up, I remember how weighty the case felt thanks to the incredible user manual and the two DVD's. I remember flicking through the manual on the short drive home, reading the little comic book style instructions which taught you Snake's new abilities.

I got home and slid that baby into the PS2 disk tray. And the rest was history.

Sn4ke_911

I never played a Persona game but I'll probably buy P5.

Looks really good.

Ah, Death Metalist. I feel bad because you've seen me act all crazy on the Real Pic OT with my swings of depression. It would be easy for you to point at me and call me an attention whore, but you've always been a real bro. You've always shown me empathy and seem to genuinely care. You're a good guy. Thanks for the positivity.

I never really thought of that, bro. Kind of shitty for a person to do so because I feel anyone could relate to said problems if they had it rough in life so, I hope for the best for you and talking about it/expressing helps as far as I'm concerned. You don't have to thank me, now cheer up and be there for your dad as much as you can. It's never too late for anything.

bb250f703f9edf75b3e77e7515822258.gif

I never played a Persona game but I'll probably buy P5.

Looks really good.

I don't like JRPG's so I'll never play that but I don't mind reading about it and shit. Infact, I dislike RPG's in general not because they are bad games but they take too much time and I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want to spend so much time on one game when there are many games that interest me as well.

If you have a Vita get P4G. Its seriously one of my top fav games ever. I think you can actually stream it maybe with PS stream service?

P5 will be amazing.

What did you like or didn't get into?
I remember not enjoying the combat or the characters. I may give it another shot leading up to the release of persona 5. Also the fact that my friend spoiled the ending for me

Sn4ke_911

I don't like JRPG's so I'll never play that but I don't mind reading about it and shit. Infact, I dislike RPG's in general not because they are bad games but they take too much time and I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want to spend so much time on one game when there are many games that interest me as well.

but you're excited for MGSV, right?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

If you have a Vita get P4G. Its seriously one of my top fav games ever. I think you can actually stream it maybe with PS stream service?

P5 will be amazing.

What did you like or didn't get into?

Dude yeah I heard great things about Persona 4 Golden. I really want to play it but I don't have a Vita.
Was hoping for a PS3 port :/

U haz vita?

I sadly haz not. :3

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Hey, MGS is different.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
I do enjoy though action or stealth games that have light RPG mechanics like the Mass Effect games come to mind, they are long but they are not as long as say The Elder Scrolls games and the like or JRPG games which most of them are really grindy in nature.

sexyelder

Hey, MGS is different.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
I do enjoy though action or stealth games that have light RPG mechanics like the Mass Effect games come to mind, they are long but they are not as long as say The Elder Scrolls games and the like or JRPG games which most of them are really grindy in nature.

The Phantom Pain is supposed to be larger than Skyrim. :S

brau

I remember not enjoying the combat or the characters. I may give it another shot leading up to the release of persona 5. Also the fact that my friend spoiled the ending for me

I like the combat.. its pretty dynamic and it gives you the option to own enemies if you time things correctly. I really didn't mind and looked forward to the fights. but not much the corridor dungeons. This one looks a lot better.

Thats too bad they spoiled that for you :(

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Dude yeah I heard great things about Persona 4 Golden. I really want to play it but I don't have a Vita.
Was hoping for a PS3 port :/

I sadly haz not. :3

How is Persona 4 on PS2?

Can't you play the game on the PSTV?

PS2 is missing some add ons i think that they added later. P4G is the best version. but i guess if you don't have any other choice, it should still be good enough.

I am surprised they never brought P4 to PS3. But then... they have been developing P5, so i guess i can understand that.

Sn4ke_911

I'm not buying a PSTV just for one game, nothing else interests me on this system so far.

Guess I could see if I can find P4 on PS2 somewhere ....or just watch a playthrough idk.

but isn't that thing like 40 hours long? meh...

brau

I'm not buying a PSTV just for one game, nothing else interests me on this system so far.

Guess I could see if I can find P4 on PS2 somewhere ....or just watch a playthrough idk.

but isn't that thing like 40 hours long? meh...

My first play through was 90 hrs lol.

Thats why the vita was so good. You get busy.. put the vita to sleep exactly where you are, middle of the battle or whatever. 90 Hrs was not that long when i would play here and there.

Also, that game gets you hooked. seriously. Its worth the money, and i would not watch a playthrough. You kinda have to experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom