• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of y'all collect Hot Toys? :)
10367565_784450514962817_5111392239995303698_n.jpg

I do - and I collect Metal Gear merchandise.

Where did you get this?

Juicy Bob

You know that we're in the middle of that waiting period for a new MGS game?

There's a whole new MGS game that none of us have played yet and we have no idea about what's going to happen in it (sort of) or what surprises or awesome little details are in it.

We don't know what the level design is like. We don't know all of the characters or all of their backstories or what all the boss fights will be like.

It's all going to be new and unknown. And we're all going to be able to experience a Metal Gear Solid again for the first time again.

Holy fucking shit.

You know that we're in the middle of that waiting period for a new MGS game?

There's a whole new MGS game that none of us have played yet and we have no idea about what's going to happen in it (sort of) or what surprises or awesome little details are in it.

We don't know what the level design is like. We don't know all of the characters or all of their backstories or what all the boss fights will be like.

It's all going to be new and unknown. And we're all going to be able to experience a Metal Gear Solid again for the first time again.

Holy fucking shit.

Isn't it great?!?

These are the salad days, these are the times to remember and we need to cherish these precious moments because after we all beat MGSV:TPP - we will only have our memories of what transpired and how we felt before the game came out.

Nibel

This sounds crazy if true, and I would love a new MGS-style ninja introduction scene.

That being said: I wonder who the heck came up with all the stuff.
KuGsj.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Weird little factoid:

The hyped up launch of the Playstation 2 helped fund the atrocities in the DRC and neighbouring countries for (approximately) another 18 years.

Thanks Kojima!

Do you guys thinks that MGSV would warrant a PS4 buy alongside TLOU and Uncharted 4? I've been thinking about getting one but am unsure because I already have a Xbox One, but I know most of you guys are on PS4.

Dawg

Do you guys thinks that MGSV would warrant a PS4 buy alongside TLOU and Uncharted 4? I've been thinking about getting one but am unsure because I already have a Xbox One, but I know most of you guys are on PS4.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

don't forget P5,SFV,Bloodborne etc.. join us Brotherrr

i'll get an xb1 when gears comes out.

MGSV alone warrants a console (though you already have an Xbox One, so probably not as much for you). So, yeah, if you were planning on getting those exclusives anyway, then hell yeah! Come join the Diamond Dawgs.

Dawg

With some luck, The Order 1886 will be worth it too and Bloodborne is definitely something you should check out as well.

With some luck, The Order 1886 will be worth it too and Bloodborne is definitely something you should check out as well.

Bloodborne looks awesome. I have only seen stills from The Order, but it looks beautiful. I feel bad for caving on my blackout for Bloodborne (thanks to the first 18 minutes footage from IGN), but want to go into The Order completely blind since it is story-focused.

Dawg

Bloodborne looks awesome. I have only seen stills from The Order, but it looks beautiful. I feel bad for caving on my blackout for Bloodborne (thanks to the first 18 minutes footage from IGN), but want to go into The Order completely blind since it is story-focused.

I haven't seen those 18 minutes for this exact reason. I'm not that big of a Souls fan though, but I want to go in blind :D

I haven't seen those 18 minutes for this exact reason. I'm not that big of a Souls fan though, but I want to go in blind :D

Yeah! I feel bad for caving. Souls games do a good job of sucking the player in with their atmosphere. I played so much Dark Souls, but am glad we are getting a new setting with Bloodborne!

never played any of the souls games..hopefully i don't get frustrated with Bloodborne.

People can blow the difficulty of these games out of proportion. Souls games are challenging, for sure, but it seems like they are trying to make this game more accessible (that's what I gather, anyway). It will be fun, regardless!

I do love Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls is pretty good but I'm not sure Bloodborne is a full price game to me. Something about it seems off but I can't put my finger on it. But if everyone on GAF says they love it when it comes out, I'm sure I'll buckle.

People can blow the difficulty of these games out of proportion. Souls games are challenging, for sure, but it seems like they are trying to make this game more accessible (that's what I gather, anyway). It will be fun, regardless!
Hope you're right LD i know folks who find MGS games hard but fascinating somehow lol they never bother to try. Like i got cousins and friends who only play Cod and NBA 2k i be like wtf bros y'all missing out but this generation of gamers want instant gratification.
I do love Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls is pretty good but I'm not sure Bloodborne is a full price game to me. Something about it seems off but I can't put my finger on it. But if everyone on GAF says they love it when it comes out, I'm sure I'll buckle.

maybe it's the way the character moves it does look a bit lackluster. The atmosphere grabs me right away and the amount of blood! gives me berserk vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom