• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

This isn't really new news. I guess we have another source now but it was quite clear when that gamespot report came out it was true.

Mexen

Just got my package of MGS2 Substance Ultimate Collectors Edition.

It's exclusive to PAL territories. It's MGS2 Substance but with the The Document of MGS2 disc included, which is an interactive "making of" documentary. The Document of MGS2 was sold seperately in Japan and North America.

image.php

brau

So Donna Burke is saying that Konami's fired Kojima.

tK96Oag.png

I hope you are ready for Volgin Hard MGS Trivia, the Sequel!

1. How old is Meryl in the game? How old was she supposed to be according to Kojima, and who was the original inspiration for her character?

2. What is the IQ (roughly) of all the members of FOX HOUND?

3. What are the following Acronyms stand for? DIA, OSP, SDV and PAN.

4. What is on the back of the Metal Gear Solid game manual? Not case... MANUAL people. Like the little booklet that tells you to press the action button at the correct time.

5. What was the date on which Rose and Raiden met, and what fun fact comes with it?

6. What are Biomorts?

7. What reference is Snakes codename referring to?

8. Two parrots make an appearance in MGS, when and where and who did they belong to? What kind of interaction can you do with each if any at all?

9. Why is Otacon a weirdo? Like seriously... he is messed up.

10. Who was the 43rd President of the USA according to MGS2?

11. In MGS 1 and 2, Snake carries a pack of Smokes. What is the brand in the game and what makes these cigarettes so special?

12. What was Raiden named after? and no... i don't mean the lightning property of his name. Expand your answer with a well thought out explanation of its significance and relationship with MGS2 Plot.

13. Who was Vamp main inspiration for the character?

14. Name the 3 main influences for epic Solid Snake.

BONUS question.

15. Name your favorite CODEC conversation and explain why.

Rajang

So Donna Burke is saying that Konami's fired Kojima.

Because I love repeating myself:

This was pretty clear a couple of weeks ago. That Kojima was no longer a real Konami employee but was still working on the game as a contractor untill December.

Konami just didn't use the word fired for PR reasons obviously. Because Kojima and his team are still working hard to make the game.

JayEH

tK96Oag.png

I hope you are ready for Volgin Hard MGS Trivia, the Sequel!

1. How old is Meryl in the game? How old was she supposed to be according to Kojima, and who was the original inspiration for her character?

4. What is on the back of the Metal Gear Solid game manual?

5. What was the date on which Rose and Raiden met, and what fun fact comes with it?

1. 18, inspiration is Meryl from Policenauts
4. Meryl's codec frequency
5. Their first date was watching King Kong and what building he was on during the movie.
7. Snake Plisken
10. George Sears

I just beat MSG2 last night. Holy shit did that game get batshit insane. Really excited to dive into Big Boss for MSG3, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes, and get back to Snake for MSG4.

I liked the gameplay with Raiden but a lot of his dialogue (mostly with Rose) was hilariously melodramatic.

I just beat MSG2 last night. Holy shit did that game get batshit insane. Really excited to dive into Big Boss for MSG3, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes, and get back to Snake for MSG4.

I liked the gameplay with Raiden but a lot of his dialogue (mostly with Rose) was hilariously melodramatic.

Yeah, Raiden as a character is almost entirely based on the betrayal of expectation and stealing that feeling of legendary soldier. Snakes saved the world several times, Raidens only done VR. Hell, when Snake finally dons his badass sneaking suit at the end and weilding a katana, Raiden is literally warms his nuts with his own hands. It's that rookie envy, and you're supposed to scoff at him through and through.

His melodrama is supposed to make you roll your eyes and think "If I was Snake I wouldn't be dealing with this shit."

Vally

Damn, these are hard lol

I think she was 25 in the game

180?

OSP= On Site Procurement, PAN= Personal Area... Network?

April 30th, the day after MGS2 takes place

8. Two parrots make an appearance in MGS, when and where and who did they belong to? What kind of interaction can you do with each if any at all?
The parrot in the MGS2 lab, I think it belonged to Emma? You can make him learn phrases like 'Are you Ames?' for example. And the one The End had in MGS3, I think you could kill it

Seriously, getting it on with his stepmother, wtf is wrong with him

Hmmm... Solidus? Or president Johnson, I'm not sure

Joaquin Cortés, Spanish flamenco dancer

I only know Kurt Russell

BONUS question.

15. Name your favorite CODEC conversation and explain why.[/QUOTE]
Sigint's shitty nightmare because it was pretty shitty

Rajang

Haha yeah. Cringey stuff.

The funny thing is that Rose and alot of the conversations with her are based on Kojima's previous girlfriends, his relationship with his wife and all the drama he experienced. Also the whole thing with "Jack, what day is it today?" is a question his wife asked him and he didn't know the answer.

brau

Haha yeah. Cringey stuff.

The funny thing is that Rose and alot of the conversations with her are based on Kojima's previous girlfriends, his relationship with his wife and all the drama he experienced. Also the whole thing with "Jack, what day is it today?" is a question his wife asked him and he didn't know the answer.

You're very good. I was gonna add a question like this to the trivia. But it seemed a little too much.

Huh? You learn something new everyday.

From what i understand he is 2 out of 3 right, and Christopher Walken and some of his features were used for Solid Snake. The other one was Jean Claude Van Dammes body.

Mexen

Vally, really, 180? Lol

You're very good. I was gonna add a question like this to the trivia. But it seemed a little too much.

From what i understand he is 2 out of 3 right, and Christopher Walken and some of his features were used for Solid Snake. The other one was Jean Claude Van Dammes body.

Almost mentioned JCVD but I thought I was mixing up my MK trivia. Walken though? Seems more Shalashaska to me :p

She's 18 in MGS1. She is kinda based on the character of the same name from Policenauts, only that was a slightly older version. Though originally in MGS1 Meryl was supposed to be even younger than 18 and her character was inspired by Natalie Portman's role from Leon: The Professional.

The Next Generation Special Forces were all "Geniuses with an IQ over 180" so I guess the same applies for the FOXHOUND members.

Defense Intelligence Agency, On-Site Procurement, Swimming Delivery Vehicle (?), Personal Area Network

4. What is on the back of the Metal Gear Solid game manual? Not case... MANUAL people. Like the little booklet that tells you to press the action button at the correct time.

Nobody knows.

April 30th, George Washington went into office on that same day a few years earlier.

6. What are Biomorts?

Braindead dudes, being harvested for their organs, in Policenauts.

He's a horny guy.

Emma's parrot in MGS2, he's unkillable, though you can eat his ancestor, The End's parrot in MGS3.

He's obsessed with Anime and banged his stepmom.

Either James Johnson or Solidus, and I don't really want to look this up.

11. In MGS 1 and 2, Snake carries a pack of Smokes. What is the brand in the game and what makes these cigarettes so special?

They're the same bend-type cigarette Jonathan Ingram used in Policenauts, they don't give off second-hand smoke.

12. What was Raiden named after? and no... i don't mean the lightning property of his name. Expand your answer with a well thought out explanation of its significance and relationship with MGS2 Plot.

A japanese fighter plane.

Some dancing dude.

Kurt Russel and well, he was based on Kyle Reese on the original MG cover, but that was one very old game, I don't know if you'd count that.

15. Name your favorite CODEC conversation and explain why.

That's none of your business! >:-(

Yeah, Raiden as a character is almost entirely based on the betrayal of expectation and stealing that feeling of legendary soldier. Snakes saved the world several times, Raidens only done VR. Hell, when Snake finally dons his badass sneaking suit at the end and weilding a katana, Raiden is literally warms his nuts with his own hands. It's that rookie envy, and you're supposed to scoff at him through and through.

His melodrama is supposed to make you roll your eyes and think "If I was Snake I wouldn't be dealing with this shit."

I get that, the whole VR vs. Reality thing when you're getting to the end was cool with all the glitching and what not. Also realizing that the "Colonel" saying "Snake isn't a part of the simulation, don't rely on him" is kind of legit because it was all a simulation (even though you start to get the feeling that is the case way before the actual reveal).

1. 18, inspiration is Meryl from Policenauts
4. Meryl's codec frequency
5. Their first date was watching King Kong and what building he was on during the movie.
7. Snake Plisken
10. George Sears

You didn't say the date! February 30th wasn't it? Or April 30th or something? A date that doesn't exist IIRC.

Rean

Never played before? How was that ending?

Never played before? How was that ending?

No I have not. It was insane. I was just like "wut" at all the cutscenes from when Raiden wakes up in Arsenal Gear until the end. I'm still kind of trying to unpack it in my brain and I am unsure whether or not I liked it as much as MGS (I definitely preferred the boss battles in MGS, but preferred the overall gameplay better in 2) but it was definitely a great experience.

Rajang

No I have not. It was insane. I was just like "wut" at all the cutscenes from when Raiden wakes up in Arsenal Gear until the end. I'm still kind of trying to unpack it in my brain and I am unsure whether or not I liked it as much as MGS (I definitely preferred the boss battles in MGS, but preferred the overall gameplay better in 2) but it was definitely a great experience.

Yeah the bosses and bossfights in MGS1 are far more memorable for me as well.

Now that you have finished MGS2 you should definitely watch some analysis videos. You can start with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

You can thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom