• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Vally

im going to say it again

Solid Snake never surpassed Big Boss in pure combat ability

in Metal Gear...Solid was 23 years old facing a 60 year old Big Boss

in MG 2 he was 27 when he finally defeated big boss a second time....this time Big Boss was 64

Solid never beat a prime Big Boss...

a better battle would be MGS 1 Snake (33 years old) or MGS 2 Snake (35/37 years old) vs. Prime Big Boss in peace walker (39 years old)

I agree wholeheartedly

Someone has to, and its been a while since i posted this much on this thread. Gotta make that wall of shame.

Also.. i think the trivia was fun... did people have fun with the trivia? please raise your hand if you enjoyed it and want to see a harder one?

Sure, more questions please :D

im going to say it again

Solid Snake never surpassed Big Boss in pure combat ability

in Metal Gear...Solid was 23 years old facing a 60 year old Big Boss

in MG 2 he was 27 when he finally defeated big boss a second time....this time Big Boss was 64

Solid never beat a prime Big Boss...

a better battle would be MGS 1 Snake (33 years old) or MGS 2 Snake (35/37 years old) vs. Prime Big Boss in peace walker (39 years old)
but it doesn't matter in the end. SS defeated him twice. This makes SS more resourceful. You're not wrong, I'm just saying.

zlatko

Banned
Doesn't seem so at the moment, but i god i hope so.

It seems like a no brainer considering the amount of time until release, the bad press surrounding the game at the moment, and the bad taste some users have from MGO on PS3.

This could go well to add to the hype for buyers.

Zambatoh

I was going through my images folder when I rediscovered this snapshot I took from "Arakawa Under the Bridge." This scene made me laugh pretty hard.
I never did finish watching the show come to think of it.

I just learned that the MGS4 Naomi was voiced by the same woman as the MGS1 Naomi.

All this time I was mad that they changed the voice actor, but she was the same person just using a different voice?!

WTF?

I just learned that the MGS4 Naomi was voiced by the same woman as the MGS1 Naomi.

All this time I was mad that they changed the voice actor, but she was the same person just using a different voice?!

WTF?

They changed the accents in Twin Snakes but kept the actors. Same for Mei Ling.

Is there any reason other than budget and its too much work , not to have accents in the games? I know mgs2 enemies have Russian accents, but not in mgs3.

Mexen

OOH! I know why they did It to! They did it so everyone was equal and that nationality did not matter. Like how the Russians in MGS 3 dont have Russian accents.

Is there any reason other than budget and its too much work , not to have accents in the games? I know mgs2 enemies have Russian accents, but not in mgs3.

I think it's because you don't "hear" the accent in a language you can speak especially in the speaker's home country.
I know this will be different for most Americans because of the different cultural mesh... But when someone here speaks, even English, I don't hear the accent, the minute I hear, say, a delegate on the BBC or at the UN, it's suddenly noticeable.

In MGS 2, Russians were in America and so there had to be a distinction. In 3, it's an American in Russia, no one in Russia goes around telling his fellow country men they have an accent, do they? It just sounds "normal" and thus as we, English speakers, would perceive it due to localisation.

TL;DR - We don't hear the accents in 3 because there's no need to distinguish the soldiers given the game's location, unlike 2 where a handful of Russians are in a foreign land.

Now that I think about it, they probably didn't want the player to wonder why Volgin, Ocelot, and Raikov didn't have Russian accents like the guards have.
Ocelot with an American accent while his comrades did not would have been an amazing "oversight".

I think it's because you don't "hear" the accent in a language you can speak especially in the speaker's home country.
I know this will be different for most Americans because of the different cultural mesh... But when someone here speaks, even English, I don't hear the accent, the minute I hear, say, a delegate on the BBC or at the UN, it's suddenly noticeable.

In MGS 2, Russians were in America and so there had to be a distinction. In 3, it's an American in Russia, no one in Russia goes around telling his fellow country men they have an accent, do they? It just sounds "normal" and thus as we, English speakers, would perceive it due to localisation.

TL;DR - We don't hear the accents in 3 because there's no need to distinguish the soldiers given the game's location, unlike 2 where a handful of Russians are in a foreign land.
I guess that makes sense

But what about stuff like the BnB unit? Does Drebin mention where they're from exactly? They don't have accents.

Mr. RHC

I was going through my images folder when I rediscovered this snapshot I took from "Arakawa Under the Bridge." This scene made me laugh pretty hard.
I never did finish watching the show come to think of it.

Fantastic, reminds me that I need to re-watch Season 2!

Naomi and Mei Ling's voice changed simple because they were wrong in MGS. Both were brought up in America as a child. And many thought Mei Ling's voice was too stereotypical and even bordering on racist.

Rajang

Just got my package of MGS2 Substance Ultimate Collectors Edition.

It's exclusive to PAL territories. It's MGS2 Substance but with the The Document of MGS2 disc included, which is an interactive "making of" documentary. The Document of MGS2 was sold seperately in Japan and North America.

JayEH

Just got my package of MGS2 Substance Ultimate Collectors Edition.

It's exclusive to PAL territories. It's MGS2 Substance but with the The Document of MGS2 disc included, which is an interactive "making of" documentary. The Document of MGS2 was sold seperately in Japan and North America.

Nice!

Document of MGS2 is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom