• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

For the mark all targets trail for GZ: when it says "enemy has left the area" did I miss my chance to complete the trial?

It's a little weird, I think if you just leave them the total will drop, so it'll go 2/40 to 2/39..But if you kill them before marking while they're still in the map you'll fail the trial.

GHound

Don't know if this has already been mentioned.

US PS4 Store > Games > Pre-Orders
aN2SieD.jpg

Open it...

Web store...

Someone is having fun playing mix and match with the TPP listing.

danthefan

So I understand that completing various missions in Ground Zeroes will give you stuff in TPP.

If I have a US digital version of GZ, and I buy a Euro version of TPP, will the saves be compatible? Or should I get the same region for both?

Shy

Nuts.

Thanks guys.

Now the question is, do I buy a US version of TPP, or do I buy the EU version of GZ.
If you've only got a US version of GZ, then get the US TPP. And if you've got the EU GZ, then get the same region for that.

Which region do you live in. ?

danthefan

If you've only got a US version of GZ, then get the US TPP. And if you've got the EU GZ, then get the same region for that.

Which region do you live in. ?

I live in Europe but have a US PS+ sub, buy most of my digital games from US PSN. Think I'll just get a US version of TPP.

grimmiq

I won't even bother with 100 % GZ. I am just playing it for fun and training. I am also pretty sure GZ is will be harder than TPP.

Because there will be no different difficulties to choose from right off the bat, anyone who 100% Ground Zeroes should find their first run a walk in the park..Unless they followed a guide step by step.

Because there will be no different difficulties to choose from right off the bat, anyone who 100% Ground Zeroes should find their first run a walk in the park..Unless they followed a guide step by step.

Also, you'll have more options, way more options and you can flee better and no instant detection, which is so stupid in GZ.

dmshaposv

Can officially change the thread title to:

OuterGAF |OT3| A Haven for all brothers!

We've earned the title of OuterGAF. MGS community thread sounds booooooring.

Embearded

I don't believe it's gonna be easy. Don't forget that Ground Zeroes uses the same place, Omega Camp, for every mission. Patrols and guard position might change from mission to mission but the vantage points, light positions and shortcuts are the same. During alerts at worst we had to face 4-5 enemies coming as backups, now it's gonna be freaking tanks!

i don't want it to be easier please don't be easier... :(

Mexen

Is there a grace period for those who might get TPP later than Sept 1 relative to sharing experiences, plots etc? How long before we can freely discuss our TPP experiences?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's too early to say whether it'll be easier or not. The options only really open up as you develop MB (which we don't know how fast it'll be), enemy bases become wary of your tactics and start dishing out better equipment and more patrols as you go, I'm pretty sure the alert system is the same, reinforcements come from other bases...

I dunno. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I think it's too early to say whether it'll be easier or not. The options only really open up as you develop MB (which we don't know how fast it'll be), enemy bases become wary of your tactics and start dishing out better equipment and more patrols as you go, I'm pretty sure the alert system is the same, reinforcements come from other bases...

I dunno. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Yeah, easier is probably not the right term to use here.

But no instant detection is already soooo gooood.

Embearded

I guess that when an enemy detects the player and screams "HOSTILEEEEEEEE", then those nearby him will try to call HQ. So the alert is temporarily only local at that base and if they succeed calling HQ then the player is fucked! It surely counts as an alert for mission ranking even if you kill him right when he detects you. At least it did on GZ.

Ah, so. Was worried I'd have to completely avoid you guys. Is Outer Gram still active btw? I'm going back to school tomorrow which free net, baby!

You could be safe from spoilers here when the game releases, but there will be spoilers in the OT, I can guarantee you that. Some people are too careless.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No, I heard they need to call it in at radio stations or something like that.

Here:
"In case you missed it, as Kojima pointed out in a TGS 2014 Phantom Pain stream, there are radioman soldiers"

https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet/status/563015456152641538/photo/1

Interesting, cheers!

I guess that when an enemy detects the player and screams "HOSTILEEEEEEEE", then those nearby him will try to call HQ. So the alert is temporarily only local at that base and if they succeed calling HQ then the player is fucked! It surely counts as an alert for mission ranking even if you kill him right when he detects you. At least it did on GZ.

I'd be more than happy with that. Containing base-wide alerts before they become universal could be pretty exciting.

Presumably we also haven't seen any late-game areas that are going to be more well-guarded and difficult to tackle.

Since most of what we've seen so far is basically the 1st chapter of the game, where stuff are expected to be easy to go through even with limited options, and we're only seeing how easy 'earlier missions' will be with late-game content.

VulpX

No, I heard they need to call it in at radio stations or something like that.

Here:
"In case you missed it, as Kojima pointed out in a TGS 2014 Phantom Pain stream, there are radioman soldiers"

https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet/status/563015456152641538/photo/1
It's still instant alert for a whole base, just like Ground Zeroes. Watch any of the gameplay trailers and you see that.
You can prevent them from calling in reinforcements from other bases on the map. But it's not like you can prevent a base wide alert by shooting someone's radio like in 2 and 3,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom