• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

These pictures surfaced 9 days ago on reddit. If it was real, we would have already seen streams and spoilers everywhere,

It will definitely leak, my guess is that it will by the end of the next week.

End of next week is fine, I can spend all my spare time playing Shadowrun Hong Kong to avoid spoilers.

Gaz_RB

So close now brothers!
What're you all doing to pass the time?
Me and my girlfriend and playing through Diablo 3. It's actually a surprisingly fun co-op game.
I've been lying in the fetal position and crying and singing Snake Eater and will continue to do so until release

Slowdive

Banned
I know UK journalists have played the review build, I don't know if they have review copies or if they've just played it at an event which happened a few weeks ago.

Kindekuma

Banned
15/16 days left? Hooray!

Also nothing has been proven about that street date "break" yet. Could just be a convincing looking print, but nothing showed up yet. Take everything with a grain of salt!

Hai guys!

You've ever heard that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKVBPRpkHMU

Polygon said:
Back in the late 1990s, Konami and Nippon Cultural Broadcasting recorded a radio drama series based on Metal Gear Solid. It was only released in Japan, until today.

Josh Griffiths is a writer and producer as well as a Metal Gear fan. He's translated the original show scripts and recorded them using voice actors such as Cliff Thompson (Solid Snake), Jimmy Cooper (Colonel Campbell) and Kristyn Mass (Meryl Silverbergh).

The original series consisted of 12 installments, which Griffiths plans to release in the weeks ahead, as well as some original dramas. You can hear the first episode — in which Snake investigates a downed United Nations airplane.

L33T

Banned
Ok, so I was reading Prison School, and (excuse the anime girl), is it just me or does the plastic bottle rocket remind anyone of a Metal Gear?

eT7W2em.png

Also, damn, 15 more days...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so I was reading Prison School, and (excuse the anime girl), is it just me or does the plastic bottle rocket remind anyone of a Metal Gear?

Also, damn, 15 more days...

no, but what-s quiet doing there Kappa

So close now brothers!
What're you all doing to pass the time?
Me and my girlfriend and playing through Diablo 3. It's actually a surprisingly fun co-op game.

Just going through all Metal Gears
on youtube.

Both of MGS2's opening were so damn cool and holds up so well even today. Makes me wonder what kind of opening sequence will we see with Phantom Pain, before the hospital awakening scene I mean.

Anth0ny

I have a question for you guys. I wasn't into Metal Gear at the time, but does anyone remember if Raiden in MGS2 leaked before the game's release? I have to figure it got out there, even with embargoes on reviews and stuff.

I understand that times have changed big time with smart phones and youtube and twitter and all this shit but I'm just curious if anyone knows what it was like back then. And if anyone knows a timeframe, that would help me avoid the inevitable leaks of Hayter voicing Solid Snake in this game ;)

Episode 3 of playing MGS1 in Japanese!

Psycho Mantis! Sniper Wolf! AND I DIE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS PLAYTHROUGH!! DX

Hey, you didn't used to post on i-revo, back in the Ryan Report days, did you?

I have a question for you guys. I wasn't into Metal Gear at the time, but does anyone remember if Raiden in MGS2 leaked before the game's release? I have to figure it got out there, even with embargoes on reviews and stuff.

I understand that times have changed big time with smart phones and youtube and twitter and all this shit but I'm just curious if anyone knows what it was like back then. And if anyone knows a timeframe, that would help me avoid the inevitable leaks of Hayter voicing Solid Snake in this game ;)

I had no fucking clue. I really didn't read the internet, though. I know the mags did their best to hide the spoilers (bless you, EGM Review crew).

I tried but google won't let me.

cqRlMt5.jpg

For reals though, I don't think there was a leak. Even if there was it must've been so minor that barely anyone knew of it. That's why the reaction was so strong.

MajorTom

I've been lying in the fetal position and crying and singing Snake Eater and will continue to do so until release
That actually sounds like a very reasonable thing to do.
Been traveling Europe since the 15th of June, coming home in 13 days.
Sounds fun man. I bet its a great way to help with the wait too.
Just going through all Metal Gears
on youtube.

Both of MGS2's opening were so damn cool and holds up so well even today. Makes me wonder what kind of opening sequence will we see with Phantom Pain, before the hospital awakening scene I mean.

Mgs2 holds up so well. It's probably the ps2 game that has aged the best.

Reviews weren't allowed to mention it as part of the embargo.

Salaadin

As far as reviews went, I don't recall it ever leaking.

I was a regular on the IGN MGS boards back then and I do remember threads about Raiden but a lot of them contained nothing more than blurry, low res shots and were very hard to take seriously.

Anth0ny

I had no fucking clue. I really didn't read the internet, though. I know the mags did their best to hide the spoilers (bless you, EGM Review crew).

I definitely remember reading the MGS2 review in EGM. They hyped the hell out of that game, and the review was really great, looking back. Didn't even hint at Raiden lol

As far as reviews went, I don't recall it ever leaking.

I was a regular on the IGN MGS boards back then and I do remember threads about Raiden but a lot of them contained nothing more than blurry, low res shots and were very hard to take seriously.

I'm guessing most of the reactions were "fake" or "yeah, as IF we wouldn't play as Snake in MGS2. hahahahaha"

Palpable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom