• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiddled once again
fgT8V.jpg

YM0I8yo.jpg

Amazing news. The combat system was sublime in this game, though it was a bit short and the controls were sometimes iffy.

Can we expect an E3 announcement?

reading through this thread has reminded me why i love neogaf,

couldn't be hypeereer. inject into veins, shit lost. cant handle. going into cryogenic stasis until more info is release. god bless platinum.

heres hoping for return of Jetstream Sam. so what if he died? one sword to the belly might as well be a stubbed toe in the metal gear universe.

Golnei

Zombie Cyborg Solidus. It's the only way.

Raiden merges his consciousness with Solidus' data ghost after having to integrate his body into his exoskeleton in order to defeat the Jack the Ripper AI.

Snakeeeeee1.png

It'd be a way to use the Snakeman design, at least.

I HAVE FUCKING DIED!

God I can't wait to see what Platinum can do with a full dev cycle. Longer game, more bosses, more boss themes, more enemy types, on-the-fly weapon switching, and, of course:
MGS+RISING+WALL+RUN+BULLETS.gif

Also I need a scene where Raiden clears a room full of enemies, starts walking off only to hear a slow clap. Camera pans down to the red sword in Raiden's hand, as a voice dripping with swarthy latin charm intones, "I theenk you have sometheeng of mine, Blondie". Cue spectacular bossfight where a newly be-cyborg'd Sam starts off unarmed, ducks and weaves everything you throw at him while taunting you, before taking his sword back and effortlessly destroying you. This will be the first of three, maybe four bossfights with Sam, naturally.

Popsickles

Hopefully Kojima now has the processing power to realise his original vision for Rising. I am not a big fan of the 1st one or Platinums work.

Lernaean

Banned
I HAVE FUCKING DIED!

God I can't wait to see what Platinum can do with a full dev cycle. Longer game, more bosses, more boss themes, more enemy types, on-the-fly weapon switching, and, of course:
MGS+RISING+WALL+RUN+BULLETS.gif

Yes, i said it earlier, wall running must be in the sequel.

Me, but I'm like the biggest PG whore ever.

Not really, we have a whole PG whorehouse ready, trust me :p

THERE WAS WALL RUNNING?!

Initially yes, but dropped because they couldn't make it work in time. Actually other things were dropped because they couldn't make them work in time too, that's why us geeks are frothing for a sequel.

Edit: Here is the video this gif is taken from if you want more insight about the development of MGR.

Golnei

Please bring Sam back ;(

It's only a flesh wound.

Though it'd be a tragic waste if he were made a full cyborg.

THERE WAS WALL RUNNING?!

There were probably a lot of things that had to be cut for time - as it was, I don't think wall running could have benefited the extremely linear level design. A slightly more open direction in the sequel that used the full extent of your mobility could be a fantastic improvement.

Ushiwaka

Also I need a scene where Raiden clears a room full of enemies, starts walking off only to hear a slow clap. Camera pans down to the red sword in Raiden's hand, as a voice dripping with swarthy latin charm intones, "I theenk you have sometheeng of mine, Blondie". Cue spectacular bossfight where a newly be-cyborg'd Sam starts off unarmed, ducks and weaves everything you throw at him while taunting you, before taking his sword back and effortlessly destroying you. This will be the first of three, maybe four bossfights with Sam, naturally.

funny-gif-Colbert-screaming.gif

Give me this. I need this.

Hackworth

I'll take twenty

Rising is one of the best games of last gen. I expect no less from this. Platinum on new hardware with much more time...god damn, this will be something.

Akiller

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

It's only a flesh wound.

Though it'd be a tragic waste if he were made a full cyborg.
He will fucking return.

and they should re-use some of his old concepts. They were pretty badass.

Hopefully Kojima now has the processing power to realise his original vision for Rising. I am not a big fan of the 1st one or Platinums work.

Processing power wasn't the problem, the problem was that they couldn't get the original idea to work as a game. They had 5 years and still couldn't do it.

Unless you want it to be the next Last Guardian for PS5, that fantastic ideal game in your head just doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom