• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel_DvA

Kojima be like : Do you rike it ?

fa9fc200-76d2-482c-9394-5370c941d378.gif

Sam's not the type to go full cyborg. They'll spackle up his gaping chest wound, update the firmware on his arm and he'll be back in action. The real question is, how are they going to make a cooler gimmick for him than a scabbard that shoots his sword out like a gun?
i3aU1LEi7ya2g.gif

Dunkley

I'm glad, I had a feeling that they couldn't leave it at that ending so I have to admit I was kinda expecting this.

Gonna seem hella dumb though if this doesn't turn out to be Rising 2.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Didnt they make the last game in 1 year? We are not ready.... Also is kamiya behind this?
Doubt it. He's already knee deep in Scalebound's development.

Besides I want Kenji Saito to return as director. Dude doesn't get nearly enough recognition for what he accomplished last game. I loved his clear unwavering concept of "Offense as Defense." It was conveyed very effectively though all of Raiden's actions.

Golnei

He will fucking return.

and they should re-use some of his old concepts. They were pretty badass.

I prefer his final design, but the coat would have gone well with his bike. Leather suits him well in general...

Actually, now that a proper development cycle is a possibility, I fully expect them to outdo Bayonetta 2 with the alternate costumes. A proper tuxedo, Olga and Solidus exoskeletons, Raikov's uniform and thong, Null, Wonder-Blue and the Skull Suit are the bare minimum.

The real question is, how are they going to make a cooler gimmick for him than a scabbard that shoots his sword out like a gun?

tumblr_ndrdpsu93Z1sub2buo1_1280.jpg

Lernaean

Banned
Besides I want Kenji Saito to return as director. Dude doesn't get nearly enough recognition for what he accomplished last game. I loved his clear unwavering concept of "Offense as Defense." It was conveyed very effectively though all of Raiden's actions.

Exactly.

JordanKZ

This is one of those announcements that you never expect. I thought Rising would be a one off masterpiece that would just ride into the sunset, never to be seen again.

I was wrong, and I'm so god damn happy. I love Rising, dearly. I cannot wait to see what's happening with this one.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I prefer his final design, but the coat would have gone well with his bike. Leather suits him well in general...
Yeah for sure. They nailed it for his final design. It's still the best I think. It's also a HUGE improvement over his look from the reveal trailer.

6WfRBQH.png

Actually, now that a proper development cycle is a possibility, I fully expect them to outdo Bayonetta 2 with the alternate costumes. A proper tuxedo, Olga and Solidus exoskeletons, Raikov's uniform and thong, Null, Wonder-Blue and the Skull Suit are the bare minimum.
This is the kind of shit I'm hoping for. So much potential!

Hopefully they dial down the stupid and have some good storytelling
Metal Gear went from a Juvenile Tom Clancy novel to Micheal Bay nonsense thanks to Rising

Akiller

I trust Saito , he has experience with action games (he was Bayo1 main programmer for example) and with Rising he introduced something new in this genre. Rising is neither Bayonetta nor Ninja Gaiden, it's motherfucking Metal Gear Rising.

Catalix

Hopefully they dial down the stupid and have some good storytelling
Metal Gear went from a Juvenile Tom Clancy novel to Micheal Bay nonsense thanks to Rising
That didn't start with Rising, that's for damn sure.

Hypron

Also I need a scene where Raiden clears a room full of enemies, starts walking off only to hear a slow clap. Camera pans down to the red sword in Raiden's hand, as a voice dripping with swarthy latin charm intones, "I theenk you have sometheeng of mine, Blondie". Cue spectacular bossfight where a newly be-cyborg'd Sam starts off unarmed, ducks and weaves everything you throw at him while taunting you, before taking his sword back and effortlessly destroying you. This will be the first of three, maybe four bossfights with Sam, naturally.

Inject that.

In my veins

like right now

A Metal Gear game I can actually get hyped for. Armstrong was one of the craziest final battles in video games not really sure how Platinum Games can top it but then again most said the same for Bayonetta before 2 came out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Guaranteed to wash the sour taste of The Phantom Pain out of our mouths.

Spoiler goes here.

Golnei

A Metal Gear game I can actually get hyped for. Armstrong was one of the craziest final battles in video games not really sure how Platinum Games can top it but then again most said the same for Bayonetta before 2 came out.

If Bayonetta 2 will be the template for all Platinum sequels from now on, they won't. But "massively improved in all respects aside from a weak climax" isn't really a formula I can discourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom