• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

J4g3r

nqkMMZA.jpg

nemisis0

Yes, this is what I have been waiting for, a sequel to one of my favourite hack and slash games let's just hope kojima is not trolling.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The unenlightened masses
They cannot make the judgement call
Give up free will forever their voices won’t be heard at all
Display obedience
While never stepping out of line
And blindly swear allegiance
Let your country control your mind

(Let your country control your soul)

Live in ignorance
And purchase your happiness
When blood and sweat is the real cost
Thinking ceases, the truth is lost
Don’t you worry
You’ll be told exactly what to do
I give my people the lives they need
The righteous will succeed

The fires of greed will burn the weak
So we’ll make freedom obsolete
Making whole the fabric of society
Collective consciousness controlled as you will see

MIND CONTROL

Golnei

pls get the same people on board for the soundtrack

Mader and Christopherson absolutely have to be retained for the battle themes, but I really want Hibino to return for some of the cutscene scoring and stage themes. It feels wrong somehow for Raiden's series to not utilise any of the musical conventions from the game he originated in; all of which were deliberately chosen so as to grant him a unique identity. I don't necessarily want MGR's current style to be compromised, but the addition of some of his overbearing saxophone or ambient electronic tracks in place of the more generic scoring used for MGR1's cinematics could only enhance the game's musical identity.

Also, the series deserves its own main motif in the vein of Metal Gear Saga and the original MGS theme.

Baalzebup

Freaking awesome news. I look forward to cutting up some fools with Mad Jack once again.

pls get the same people on board for the soundtrack

Yup yup. The sountrack, especially the boss battle tracks, were a huge part of what made this game so good.

This news has made my day.

Thank you Kojima and thank you Platinum for consistently bringing me some of the best games ever made.

Why? Because I pointed out the one flaw the game had?
I mean one hand it's all super serious and then Raiden suplex's a Metal Gear RAY
The gameplay is superb and doesn't need changing hope about adding a splash of color and some good story with 3 dimensional character's next time? I mean the other MG's kind of flip flop in terms of tone but when you talk about child soldiers and nuclear Armageddon it's assumed you're going to give the subject the respect it deserves

I don't see how does two have to be mutually exclusive.

BriGuy

The only problem with the first game was the level geometry. Once you notice you're essentially moving from one big box to another, you can't stop noticing it. That hopefully won't be a problem with more powerful hardware.

royox

I can foresee it:

-Game is teased
-They show us a cinematic trailer starring Raiden
-They show us some gameplay with Raiden.
-A demo is released, you play with Raiden.
-Game is released.
-1st level is with Raiden
-The rest of the game is with Cyborg George.

George.png

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD. Great way to start the day. This is so D-1.

Give Platinum more than 6 months this time please. Give them all the money. It has to be this way.

Robot Pants

Be still, my beating heart.
This is gonna be the next classic action game without a doubt.
And just when I try to quit videogames, they pull me back in.

Elman

I was unaware that shit could get any realer. I foresee the final boss of this game being a Metal Gear piloted by a Metal Gear.

Nottle

I want 2 things: Jetstream Sam's Return, playable during main story sort of like Zero from Megaman X4, and BladeWolf becomes the rush like armor he was always made to be.

Whilst I don't worship the first game or anything like quite a few people here, I enjoyed the first one enough to be happy about a sequel. Plus it's more Metal Gear oriented stuff, always something to be happy about. :)

Golnei

I can foresee it:

-Game is teased
-Game is released.

I'd support this fully if it meant another Jack vs. George battle on Federal Hall - no opportunity for cheap, hamfisted symbolism should be ignored.

The only problem with the first game was the level geometry. Once you notice you're essentially moving from one big box to another, you can't stop noticing it. That hopefully won't be a problem with more powerful hardware.

Seeing what was done with Bayonetta (and even Vanquish to an extent), I doubt hardware was the only issue. The massively rushed development probably accounted for most of the aesthetic blandness - the tiny glimpses of decent art direction seen in the brain room and skyscraper garden would have likely been the standard for the rest of the game if time constraints weren't an issue.

Hypron

I was unaware that shit could get any realer. I foresee the final boss of this game being a Metal Gear piloted by a Metal Gear.

Nah that's only the second to last boss. The guy piloting the Metal Gear inside the Metal Gear would get out and start kicking your ass.

Golnei

I want to be Olga.

The Mr. X armour doesn't get enough love - it'd be a great alternate costume.

tumblr_n8z4horIG21tstr2so4_250.gif
tumblr_n8z4horIG21tstr2so3_250.gif

If there's an enemy derived directly from Raiden in the game to use as a base, a Grey Fox vs. Raiden vs. Olga VR mission is a necessity.

Nah that's only the second to last boss. The guy piloting the Metal Gear inside the Metal Gear would get out and start kicking your ass.

Is this before or after Raiden becomes an Orbital Frame?

I can foresee it:

-Game is teased
-Game is released.

George.png
LMFAOOO could you imagine that tho? The king of trolls would strike us yet again

MrBadger

With the same guys who did the soundtrack, a proper development cycle and an even better final boss, I can't really see anything else beating it for GOTY whatever year it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom