• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

Wasn't crazy about the first (which i still have to finish) but if this has the same quality bump Bayonetta 2 had over 1, i may dig it.

Gothos

Loooooots of hype here :)

2 quick questions about the first game: how MGS-lore-friendly is this game (I'm MGS noob) and how well it plays with mouse + KB?

Can the oringial Rising be palyed without playing any other Metal Gear game? Its unique brand of crazy sounds awesome.
Yes. It's a completely separate story.
Liked the gameplay but hated almost everything else, feels like its ruining MGS4 actual decent series ending.
TaTdV.gif

Luke_Wal

Yes, the only MGS I played for a good while is VR Missions. Still enjoyed the hell out of MGR.

Oh man. I'm on a binge of playing through the games I missed on last gen right now (wrapping up Arkham Origins because I can't wait for Knight); maybe Revengeance is next.

Nemmy

Loooooots of hype here :)

2 quick questions about the first game: how MGS-lore-friendly is this game (I'm MGS noob) and how well it plays with mouse + KB?

No lore knowledge necessary. It's playable with mouse + kb, but a gamepad is still the way to go.

MechaX

I dunno about starring Grey Fox. It would be way too jarring of a tonal shift when considering your previous title already had you fist-fighting a nanomachine cyber senator in a giant pit of fire and the wreckage of a Metal Gear that you threw and giant-sword-fought earlier.

I think they just need to keep doing what they've been doing; Quinton Flynn, cheese and camp to the brim, and same style of music.

I want to be able to fight Cyber-Congress and Nanomachine Biden and Obama while Raiden "uehehehehe"s it up.

Mohonky

Can the oringial Rising be palyed without playing any other Metal Gear game? Its unique brand of crazy sounds awesome.

I hate the Metal Gear titles, like seriously the story is so full of psuedo-philosophical wank I literally can not bring myself to play those games. The story, the characters; its just horrible.

Having said that, I have finished MGR. Its not like your being Clockwork Orange'd with your eyeballs forced open to deal with a never ending barrage of cutscenes and the other crap Metal Gear games force upon you, its a bit more to the point but it is still a Metal Gear game so you get the game is trying to take this sort of semi serious tone with politics and war intermingled with the free market of private military corporations and characters that are completely laughable at best but the main game itself is pretty good. That last fight though with Captain America and his dribble, god I just wanted to cut his head off so he'd shut up.

It plays like a Platinum game. I mean, I felt like it was definitely the weakest Platinum game I have played, beside Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 the combat system felt too rigid and archaic. Going straight from MGR to Bayonetta was jarring for MGR because it exposed just how rigid it was and how the games combo sequences just didnt feel like they had the same naturally flow to them, also the camera angle could be frustrating as shit but it was a good action game in its own right. People say Platinum took over MGR and didnt have a huge amount of time to work on it so that may explain it but its still definitely worth playing.

MGR can be had pretty cheap and if you plan on playing on PC you dont need fuck all to run it really. Just dont expect Bayonetta levels of awesome. The game is mostly all about Zendastu more than combo and dodge offsets.

Akiller

Liked the gameplay but hated almost everything else, feels like its ruining MGS4 actual decent series ending.

I don't know man, Raiden stopping
Outer Haven ship
without an arm or
him fighting an army of Rays in MGS2
sound as crazy as him cutting Metal Gears in Rising.

Son Of D

Well fuck. If the possibility of DMC5 on PS4 wasn't enough to get me to buy one this will definitely push me to get a PS4.

Jawmuncher

I dunno about starring Grey Fox. It would be way too jarring of a tonal shift when considering your previous title already had you fist-fighting a nanomachine cyber senator in a giant pit of fire and the wreckage of a Metal Gear that you threw and giant-sword-fought earlier.

I think they just need to keep doing what they've been doing; Quinton Flynn, cheese and camp to the brim, and same style of music.

I want to be able to fight Cyber-Congress and Nanomachine Biden and Obama while Raiden "uehehehehe"s it up.

That tonal shift might just be what Platinum Games need though. They've yet to not make something like that. Would be nice to see something a tad bit laid back since over the top is already done more than once with platinum

Endo Punk

I was expecting a sequel to MGR after hearing how pleased Kojima was with the outcome but honestly, I was not expecting a confirmation until sometime after the release of Phantom Pain. This is a very pleasant surprise. It means the game has been worked on for some time and will release sooner than later

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Metal Gear Solid V
Metal Gear Rising 2
Silent Hills

What a time to be alive.

"hopefully they can make it good this time. Better camera, better combat design, less trash VR missions, better and longer level design, etc" - Retro_, from beyond the grave

butman

Remember to wait a couple of years.

MR1: announced middle 2009 > released early 2013

MR2: announced early 2015 > release middle/late 2018?

Ezalc

Please bring back Sam and make the sai a fleshed out weapon. I know it was due to the rushed development time but I still want to see that shit happen. Also put a halberd alternate weapon in there or something for me Platinum. Love Ezalc.

Best news to wake up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom