• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario ff

Banned
MGR is literally their only PC game. It's just an okay port.
Legend of Korra has the 1080p limit as well according to PCGaming Wiki. :p (Don't have the game myself tho)

The limit is silly and causes compatibility issues. If every developer was forced to provide the option to choose our display resolution/refresh rate we would have so many less troubles with ports a lot of the time... And it sure is a lot easier than the weird alternatives they choose.

Eh, don't care for Gray Fox

Keep Raiden

"Uehehehehe"

Gray Fox game is a bad idea. Rising 2 set post-Rising, still with Raiden, is best. Forever.

giphy.gif

Definitely would like to see them attempt implementing Blade Wolf as a support attack character of sorts, we haven't really seen anything like that in these "stylish action" games.

i got the idea while I was reading about Mikami's Vanquish. Apparently at one point they had the idea of implementing a robot dog that launched missiles, provided mobile cover etc. I think it could work really well in MGSR and if anyone can pull it off it's definitely Platinum.

Thanks for the replies on the previous page guys, this thread is moving fast. I guess I assumed the GZ logo Easter Egg was all about canon.

Kojima going all-out this generation, and I couldn't be happier.

I would love for them to follow the Bayonetta 2 route. Release a port of MGR1 (of course a remaster would be nice but not greedy) along with the new one that way any of us that missed it have a chance on the new generation. If they want to charge for that maybe it could be the CE and cost a bit more.

Edit:
Kojima going all-out this generation, and I couldn't be happier.

Has there been a gaming personality that has lasted so long and just keeps owning it? I mean this guy has helped shape my gaming environment since the 80s. Not only is he still relevant but he has grown and still innovates. Plus he is an awesome troll/showman

MormaPope

Banned
This or Grey Fox basically the 2 canned ideas is what I want to see. More cyborg Raiden ain't gonna offer much.

Gray Fox was a emo solider that regretted living and wanted to die as hard as possible. Raiden saving Sunny sounds like a daylong trip and introducing a lineup of new characters and bosses ONLY for Raiden to save Sunny sounds half baked.

That's what makes Rising as a series awesome, it can go anywhere. Treading back to a side character from MGS1 or treading back to a offhand situation doesn't sound appealing unless you want more Metal Gear fan service.

I mean, I want Solidus back as the big bad, but that's mainly because the boss fight with Solidus in MGS2 doesn't match with what both dudes can do now.

Here's what MGR2 can be: Raiden's wife, Rose, is killed. His son is kidnapped. Boom, bam.

Here's what MGR2 can be: Raiden's wife, Rose, is killed. His son is kidnapped. Boom, bam.
With Rose actually being alive as a cyborg ninja and being one of the final bosses made to kill Raiden, Raiden beats her and both of them fight Solidus, finishing with a tango QTE

Armigr

I can't imagine a worse way to start off this game than by killing off characters just to give Raiden a new motivation. I mean that's basically how Metal Gear Rising 1 started off as well!

Jawmuncher

Gray Fox was a emo solider that regretted living and wanted to die as hard as possible. Raiden saving Sunny sounds like a daylong trip and introducing a lineup of new characters and bosses ONLY for Raiden to save Sunny sounds half baked.

That's what makes Rising as a series awesome, it can go anywhere. Treading back to a side character from MGS1 or treading back to a offhand situation doesn't sound appealing unless you want more Metal Gear fan service.

I mean, I want Solidus back as the big bad, but that's mainly because the boss fight with Solidus in MGS2 doesn't match with what both dudes can do now.

Gray Fox still has plenty of story potential. Same with the rescuing sunny. But already from this thread is obvious as long as there some rules of nature and some over the top stuff people will eat it up. Rising can indeed go anywhere but what was offered with In rising 1 story wise doesnt give me much hope in the future.

MormaPope

Banned
Gray Fox still has plenty of story potential. Same with the rescuing sunny. But already from this thread is obvious as long as there some rules of nature and some over the top stuff people will eat it up. Rising can indeed go anywhere but what was offered with In rising 1 story wise doesnt give me much hope in the future.

He got squashed like a bug in order to save Solid Snake, which he did so he could die knowing he had and actual purpose rather than continuing to fight just to feel alive. His arc was started and completed in MGS1. What would he want or strive for in a post MGS4 world?

Metal Gear as an entire franchise has been melodramatic and really serious. I love the MGS series, but I'm content and actually welcome storylines/characters that are completely outlandish and dumb. Metal Gear Rising is perfect as is, storyline included, characters included.

I can't imagine a worse way to start off this game than by killing off characters just to give Raiden a new motivation. I mean that's basically how Metal Gear Rising 1 started off as well!

Raiden's motivation was getting his ass handed to him royally and failing the initial mission given. That African dude dying didn't really cause him to catch feelings.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The port was not well done though and by the time HexaDrive fixed 2nd Runner it may have been too late.

Yeah the port wasn't very good. They should have asked Bluepoint Games to do it because the MGS HD collection port is great.

;__;

Maybe P* will save ZOE too.

A ZOE made by Platinum Games. That would be too good.

The Patriots find Solidus' body after the end of MGS2, put it on ice to wait for technology to reach the level of curing sword-through-the-chest wounds.

202X rolls around. Fluorescent lights flicker on in an abandoned warehouse. Faceless figures walk towards a large, rectangular device labelled 'Cryogenic Storage'. "We can rebuild him. We have the technology"...

Some months pass. A team of doctors stands around a seemingly lifeless body. Suddenly, a hand flashes out from beneath the surgical blanket, quick as lightning, and clamps immovably around the head surgeon's throat.

"WHAT IS THIS!?"

"*choking noises* W-we brought you back! The world needs you again... Mr President"

Cut to black. Title card fades in:

METAL GEAR RISING 2: VENDETTRIBUTION

*lightning bolt flashes and guitar solos*

Metal Gear as an entire franchise has been melodramatic and really serious. I love the MGS series, but I'm content and actually welcome storylines/characters that are completely outlandish and dumb. Metal Gear Rising is perfect as is, storyline included, characters included.
This. MGS has it's own identity, MGR should have one too. I want batshit insane characters and plots that make the original series sound like a reserved military thriller.

specdot

The Patriots find Solidus' body after the end of MGS2, put it on ice to wait for technology to reach the level of curing sword-through-the-chest wounds.

202X rolls around. Fluorescent lights flicker on in an abandoned warehouse. Faceless figures walk towards a large, rectangular device labelled 'Cryogenic Storage'. "We can rebuild him. We have the technology"...

Some months pass. A team of doctors stands around a seemingly lifeless body. Suddenly, a hand flashes out from beneath the surgical blanket, quick as lightning, and clamps immovably around the head surgeon's throat.

"WHAT IS THIS!?"

"*choking noises* W-we brought you back! The world needs you again... Mr President"

I like the part with the guitar solos. I'd play this.

MormaPope

Banned

"WHAT IS THIS!?"

Solidus Snake: Jack, listen to me. We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period - for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father, with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence - a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... it extends beyond DNA; information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history.

"Remember me, JACK?!"

Randam

A ZOE made by Platinum Games. That would be too good.

it would, becaus it will be totally different than the first 2 and than what a 3rd would have been.

would play it, despite it being one of my most wanted.
never play rising either.
would have bought mgs: rising though.

MormaPope

Banned
This. MGS has it's own identity, MGR should have one too. I want batshit insane characters and plots that make the original series sound like a reserved military thriller.

Yup yup. The fact that Rising 1 makes the MGS series seem tame is an accomplishment in of itself.

Endo Punk

I really don't care for Solidus to return and much prefer a new main foe against Raiden. One who should return somehow is Jetstream Sam. That guy is so damn awesome, a playful version of Raiden.

Jawmuncher

He got squashed like a bug in order to save Solid Snake, which he did so he could die knowing he had and actual purpose rather than continuing to fight just to feel alive. His arc was started and completed in MGS1. What would he want or strive for in a post MGS4 world?

Raiden's motivation was getting his ass handed to him royally and failing the initial mission given. That African dude dying didn't really cause him to catch feelings.

Gray fox has a whole story from the end of MG2 to MGS1 that is a blank space. Considering the idea was on the table from konami as well they saw something with the idea. Hes dead but there's still a story in-between those games.

As for Rising the problem I have is that it still tries to be metal gear. The game does a lot of 180 in tones and it's so jarring. Sam was about the only thing that felt consistent and a good middle ground of being best of both worlds. I don't mind over the top, but tone was all over the place. Felt like platinum wanted to go all out but then remembered they can't exactly.

It should have its own identity but the stuff present should still be good. Aside from Anything with sam the story stuff was pretty weak. When the only thing memorable about any of the other characters is "oh man so over the top" that's pretty bad. Since that was about every character in the game. Not counting the codec stuff which was great as well.

Randam

Please hand this to platinum as well. Sony should give them heavenly sword as well. Let me stop before this becomes a platinum should make ____ request thread.

I really don't get why everyone wants platinum to make everything..

btw.: mgr: revengance wasn't canon, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom