• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Remember to wait a couple of years.

MR1: announced middle 2009 > released early 2013

MR2: announced early 2015 > release middle/late 2018?

The game was in development hell at Kojima Productions. Platinum took over in late 2011.

Isn't it heavily implied in Ground Zeroes that Rising is a non-canon, alternate future? Especially the way the game's logo doesn't erase with the IR light, unlike all the other canon games.

Finalow

Liked the gameplay but hated almost everything else, feels like its ruining MGS4 actual decent series ending.
S585lMg.gif

METAL GEAR RISING 2: REVENGENDETTA
2A4aEwx.gif

J-Skee

Kojima trying to take over this generation. MGSV, Silent Hills, now possibly MGR2? Slow down, man.

Unless we're talking about ZOE3 or a Snatcher remake. Then get to work!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gray Fox game is a bad idea. Rising 2 set post-Rising, still with Raiden, is best. Forever.

EFJO

Neo Member
Isn't it heavily implied in Ground Zeroes that Rising is a non-canon, alternate future? Especially the way the game's logo doesn't erase with the IR light, unlike all the other canon games.

Rising wasn't one of the of the logos featured in GZ I don't think.

E: No wait, you're right but don't the logos just refer to games directed and not directed by Kojima?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes. Platinum always institutes locks on their PC versions at 1080p and 60 FPS. Their justification in doing so is completely backwards.

Well Kojima said last time if they had Platinum do a sequel he'd like them to use FOX Engine, so if that happened it's likely we'll have some proper resolution options!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I never thought I'd be getting proper sequels to Bayonetta, Rising, and a DMC4 expansion, much less in a row.

jett

D-Member
That picture sums up everything wrong with that scene. Remember beating the game and feeling the same way. I still can't get over how unnecessary that scene is.

Indeed. I guess it fits the ridiculous self-indulgent nature of the game in a way. :p

In all fairness, Raiden himself actually did get decent closure, which MGR indeed destroyed.

Yes. Platinum always institutes locks on their PC versions at 1080p and 60 FPS. Their justification in doing so is completely backwards.

MGR is literally their only PC game. It's just an okay port. I would hope further PC versions of theirs would offer more options.

posted this in other thread
my personal list of what's need to happen with MGR2

1: Better camera
2: Better tutorials
3: More streamlined controls (switching weapons etc)
4: More varied enemy, weapon, modification, unlock-able types
5: Much longer, better designed , better paced levels (certain parts felt extremely rushed)
6: Better visual IQ
7: More Blade Wolf (possible like a Shadow Dander companion type)
8: Online game modes
9: More Kojima Productions involvement in story/cinematics/dialogue.

Rockk

Remember to wait a couple of years.

MR1: announced middle 2009 > released early 2013

MR2: announced early 2015 > release middle/late 2018?

A lot of that was because Konami had no idea what they were doing. Once Platinum took over they made it in a little over a year. Would not be surprised to see it in 2016. Especially if we actually get Phantom Pain this year.

Woke up expecting a date for MGV:TPP

Got a teaser instead and all it showed was a stylized metal number 2.

BEST FRIGGIIN TEASER EVER!!!

Time to leave them all BEHIIIIIIND
....nah nah, nahnah AGAIIIIN!!!

Sn4ke_911

A lot of that was because Konami had no idea what they were doing. Once Platinum took over they made it in a little over a year. Would not be surprised to see it in 2016. Especially if we actually get Phantom Pain this year.

Seriously how Platinum did it in such a short time is still beyond me. Very few developers could have pulled this off.

KyleCross

Rising is canon, that's been confirmed. The whole reason it is set after MGS4 is because it was a canonical entry but Platinum wanted more freedom in the story(Rising was originally set between MGS2 and 4). Also the logo erasing mechanic in GZ delt with the entries director, not the canonical status. Every game directed by Kojima erased, while the ones not directed by him did not.

DrZeus

I just bought Mgr 1. this thread has me hyped to play it and it's sequel. Platinum game might have entered into my fav dev group.

Sn4ke_911

I just bought Mgr 1. this thread has me hyped to play it and it's sequel. Platinum game might have entered into my fav dev group.

Oh man you will have a blast, make sure to crank up the volume. The soundtrack is amazing.

What fantastic news to wake up to.

All I ask is that they bring back Jamie Christopherson. PLEASE.

This is a MUST HAVE!

Can Not Wait.

Hope they keep the same guy for the soundtrack, that was like 50% of the game for me.

Can the oringial Rising be palyed without playing any other Metal Gear game? Its unique brand of crazy sounds awesome.

Yes easily.

Rising is the best metal gear game anyways.

MormaPope

Banned
Raiden saving Sunny from The Patriots!?
please

Why do people really want this? Sunny is a garbage character that very few people give a fuck about, and Raiden's outlook at the end of Metal Gear Rising is exciting.

Metal Gear Rising should be batshit insane 10000%.

Foffy

Banned

The design of the logo has very little to do with canon. If you remember, Rising was originally an interquel between Sons of Liberty and Guns of the Patriots. I don't think the logo infers a canon, but perhaps the style of game, as Rising is focused on straight up action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom