• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Haha, I just stopped playing Rising to check GAF... Damn, what awesome news! I'd day 1 a Platinum made sequel in a heartbeat.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
My penis has entered BLADE MODE.

DEAD ON.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did they announce platforms yet? I played the first one on PC, would like to do the same here.

Nothing has been announced or made formal other than a vague "2" stylised in what could be Metal Gear Rising's font, the clip snuck into a PlayStation 4 sizzle reel, of which showcased both exclusive and multiplatform titles.

shiyrley

Banned
PS4 for now.
kwL8O98.gif

please don't do this to me
Nothing has been announced or made formal other than a vague "2" stylised in what could be Metal Gear Rising's font, the clip snuck into a PlayStation 4 sizzle reel, of which showcased both exclusive and multiplatform titles.
well this is better, thanks.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I will play this when it is super cheap on Steam or PSN. I really enjoyed the first one, but at 5hrs it is not worth 60 bucks.

BBboy20

How is the modding doing over in that game? Seems to have lost the spotlight if there was one.

How many people really actually "die" in the Metal Gear universe though.
Machinegun Kid
Shotmaker
Fire Trooper
Dirty Duck
Night Fright
Jungle Evil
Red Blaster
Four Horsemen
Black Color
Running Man
Kio Marv
Gustava Heffner
Donald Anderson
Kenneth Baker
Vulcan Raven
Sniper Wolf
Decoy Octopus
Psycho Mantis
Liquid Snake
Jim Houseman
Master Miller
Dr. Clark
Frank Yeager
Peter Stillmen
Richard Ames
President Johnson
Fatman
Fortune
Emma Emmerich
Sergai Gurlukovich
Olga Gurlukovich
Scott Dolph
Volgin
Granin
The End
The Fear
The Pain
The Fury
The Joy
Noami Hunter
Vamp
Solidus Snake
EVA
Revolver Ocelot
Zero
Big Boss

This is just from MG>MG2>MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>MGS4

I like Raiden but MGR2 must feature fucking GRAY FOX.
But where's Metal Gear Solid: Rising :(
Let it go.

I approve in a most distinctive fashion.
raiden-sombrero.gif

A BALLS TO THE WALL PS4/XB1/PC ONLY SEQUEL OH PLEASE GOD LET IT BE TRUE

its going to be a cross gen f2p isnt it?
In the name of cut Cut CUT, it's next-gen or bust.

Fox Engine is a possibility but I wouldn't be surprised if they use a propriety engine like Rising.
Regardless of what it is, Zandastu is going to be the main priority.

Doubt it. He's already knee deep in Scalebound's development.

Besides I want Kenji Saito to return as director. Dude doesn't get nearly enough recognition for what he accomplished last game. I loved his clear unwavering concept of "Offense as Defense." It was conveyed very effectively though all of Raiden's actions.
Yeah, I'm kind of weirded out about all the Kojima memes anywhere. How many blogposts is it going to take people notice Platinum isn't Kamiya here?

The real Metal Gear sequel to be excited about

Holy fuck
Move forward, move on; let's see what more this new world brings.

Okay, that was awesome, she's got an amazing voice! Thanks for sharing!
Wha? o_O

jono51

Banned
Yes please. I'm playing the shit out of MGR on PC right now. The game needs a sequel; one that's even more nuts than the first. More memes, more nanomachines, more rules of nature.

Mizzfortune809

Neo Member
I'm very, very excited for this. Rising was really my first dip into the metal gear storyline. Sadly I don't think they're going to be Sam back for this one...D:

HOLY SHIT.

Just woke up. THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN I IMAGINED.

I was setting myself for the disappointment of nothing new, or a chicken hat type reveal....but MGR2? YES.

Give the Platinum team more time and give me a true next gen fully featured MGR.

Flappy

Banned
Assuming this will be running on the Fox-Engine, it'll be multiplat everywhere but Japan.

If it's running on Fox Engine, then I wouldn't be quite so sure about an XBO version yet. The engine has serious problems with XBO hardware. All current games running only in 720p. It could be that they simply skip it to avoid the hasstle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom