• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 soundtrack = two discs, 43 tracks

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Soundtrack Termin

08.11.04 - Der offizelle Soundtrack zu Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater wird nach Angaben von Konami am 15.12.04 in Japan veröffentlichent. Auf den zwei Discs befinden sich insgesamt 43 Songs aus dem Spiel.

Metal Gear solvent 3 Snake Eater sound TRACK date 08.11.04 - The offizelle sound TRACK to Metal Gear solvent 3 Snake Eater is veroeffentlichent according to data by Konami to 15.12.04 in Japan. On the two Discs are altogether 43 Songs from the play.

WARNING: TRACK LISTING AHEAD, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! SPOILER MARKED JUST IN CASE

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Original Soundtrack
Catalogue Number KOLA-089~90
Publisher Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
Composition Norihiko Hibino, Harry Gregson-Williams
First Printing December 15, 2004
Price ¥3,150

Disc 1 - Playing Time
01 Snake Eater
02 "METAL GEAR SOLID" Main Theme (METAL GEAR SOLID 3 version)
03 CQC
04 Virtuous Mission
05 On The Ground~Battle In The Jungle
06 KGBVSGRU
07 Shagohod
08 Operation Snake Eater
09 Mission Briefing
10 Across The Border~Snake Meets The Boss
11 Eva's Unveiling
12 Ocelot Youth
13 The Cobras In The Jungle
14 The Pain
15 The Fear
16 Fortress Sneaking
17 Underground Tunnel
18 The Fury
19 Surfing Guitar
20 Sailor
21 Salty Catfish
22 Old Metal Gear

Disc 2 - Playing Time
01 Battle In The Base
02 Volgin, The Torturer
03 The Sorrow
04 Clash With Evil Personified
05 Sidecar - Escape From The Fortress -
06 Sidecar - On The Rail Bridge -
07 Takin' On The Shagohod
08 Escape Through The Woods
09 Troops In Gathering
10 Life's End
11 Last Showdown
12 The Return Of The MiGs
13 Don't Be Afraid
14 Eva's Reminiscence
15 Debriefing
16 Way To Fall
17 Rock Me Baby
18 Pillow Talk
19 Jumpin' Johnny
20 Sea Breeze
21 Snake vs Monkey

Artists :
Cynthia Harrell (Disk 1 : 1)
Harry Gregson-Williams (Disk 1 : 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, Disk 2 : 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 15)
Norihiko Hibino (Disk 1 : 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, Disk 2 : 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14)
Nobuko Toda (Disk 1 : 11)
66 Boys (Disk 1 : 19, 21, Disk 2 : 17)
Starry.K (Disk 1 : 20, 22, Disk 2 : 18)
Osamu Kobori (Disk 2 : 3)
Star Sailor (Disk 2 : 16)
Chunk Raspberry (Disk 2 : 19)
Sergei Mantis (Disk 2 : 20)
kobo (Disk 2 : 21)

Disk 1, 19~22 : Healing Tracks
Disk 2, 17~20 : Healing Tracks
Disk 2, 21 : Extra Track

Lakitu

st5fu
Hot damn! That's awesome! Best soundtrack evar

Edit: For those who are competely avoiding spoilers, it's best to avoid reading that track list

olimario

Banned
I can't wait for this!
MGS2 has an awesome score and I figure 3s will be just as nice.

When will it hit #game?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
BOO WHERE'S SNAKE EATER ABSTRACTED CAMOUFLAGE (AKA THE BEST SONG EVER)

oh, maybe it's one of the extra tracks.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, that's excellent! I'm glad they decided to go ahead and combine all of the music this time around...

Socreges

Banned
That's cool, but MGS music just isn't something I could listen to independently. It's very appropriate for the game, though.

Andy787

Banned
Do The Mario said:
If i had this, i would jizz all over it.
Same here. But then, I jizz on most of my stuff, to be honest.

And where will I be able to purchase this motherfucker? I swear, why on Earth does the US never get the badass MGS LE treatment?

The music in this series is so fucking good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GermanOfficer said:
Still a month to wait....shouldn't the single be out yet?
AFAIK it contains the theme :)

I need this OST badly

Single comes out this week

"Snake Eater" song from METAL GEAR SOLID 3
Catalogue Number KOLA-082
Composition Norihiko Hibino
First Printing November 17, 2004
Price ¥1,050

- Playing Time
01 Snake Eater (Vocal: Cynthia Harrell)
02 "Metal Gear Solid" Main Theme (MGS3 Version / By: Harry Gregson-Williams)
03 Don't Be Afraid (Vocal: Elisa Fiorillo)
04 Snake Eater (Instrumental)

Vocal by Cynthia Harrell

Wario64 said:
Single comes out this week

"Snake Eater" song from METAL GEAR SOLID 3
Catalogue Number KOLA-082
Composition Norihiko Hibino
First Printing November 17, 2004
Price ¥1,050

- Playing Time
01 Snake Eater (Vocal: Cynthia Harrell)
02 "Metal Gear Solid" Main Theme (MGS3 Version / By: Harry Gregson-Williams)
03 Don't Be Afraid (Vocal: Elisa Fiorillo)
04 Snake Eater (Instrumental)

Vocal by Cynthia Harrell

Are you gonna post an update when... you know. Arrr?

Soundtrack cover on Hans Zimmers site:

mgs3ost.jpg

Single Cover:

kola082.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The "Metal Gear Solid" Main Theme (MGS3 version) rocks! It's basically a direct rip of the music played for the first E3 trailer

Vashu

GermanOfficer said:
Has anyone bought the single yet?
I need impressions :)

1 Word: AWESOME!

I received it today, First Press edition, but not really sure what was extra with it. It does say something about Special Camouflage Key Disc. So I reckon there is something with the disc that enables you to unlock a new ingame camo. Hopefully that works with the PAL or NTSC/US version too.

Anyway, I insterted the disc, and a small menu popped up. Naturally, I chose Start, and then the screen went black, with a small view in which a movie started to play. Cue Snake Eater, which most of you know by now of course, and here we go! Beautiful imagery, in which you see all the main stars of the game and some pretty hefty action scenes. You see the entire Cobra Team, and as the music ends, so does the movie, as expected.

Onwards to the other songs, which are great too! I'm not much a music-critic though, and I tend to enjoy all sorts of music but can't really go into detail. The single sounds great though, and the Main Theme is about 6 minutes long, which I always like about theme songs. It is, of course, pretty bombastic, and it takes a while before you actually hear the theme itself, which is a good thing imo.

Don't Be Afraid was something else, in a good way! A very jazzy song, which I enjoyed listening to. Good voice, and great lyrics. Also, the lyrics to both Snake Eater and Don't Be Afraid can be found in the small green inlay (entire jewelcase is green and the inlay with Snake on it too). Overall, happy I got the single. And once again, First Press woohoo, but not really sure what the extra is :p....

Simo

SolidSnakex said:
Soundtrack cover on Hans Zimmers site:

mgs3ost.jpg

I've ordered my copy of the OST but apparently only the first 1000 copies actually come with that Shinkawa artwork, which I prefer alot more over the EVA model variation.

Lovin' the Main Theme though :D

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
drohne said:
BOO WHERE'S SNAKE EATER ABSTRACTED CAMOUFLAGE (AKA THE BEST SONG EVER)
That track was on the First Bite release, as well as the disc given away at this past E3. Probably isn't on the actual OST. Sorry hombre.

And yes, the MGS3 mix of the Metal Gear Solid theme is rad. The last 1:16 of the track is pure sex.

Bebpo

Banned
Got the soundtrack but I'm afraid to listen to it or read the tracklist since I haven't played the game ;_;

Packaging is quite nice though and like First Bite it says the camo download will be done by sticking in MGS3 and then it'll prompt for the music cd and then you stick the music cd in and it unlocks the camo. My local store WonderGOO is also doing a special camo made for the store (blue and green blobs) if you bring your memory card in when you buy the game. So with the First Bite, OST, Maxi Single, WonderGOO we have 4 unlockable camos so far.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just got ahold of it.

Enjoying it thus far, as expected, though I'm disappointed that they included those codec "radio" songs in there.

It's been a couple weeks since I polished off MGS3, so it's good to hear it all again.

jett

D-Member
dark10x said:
Just got ahold of it.

Enjoying it thus far, as expected, though I'm disappointed that they included those codec "radio" songs in there.

It's been a couple weeks since I polished off MGS3, so it's good to hear it all again.

Those songs are freaking great. What the hell. :p

LAMBO

Anyone have the black and white cover that had a girl in a jumpsuit slightly opened. Bigger pic the better, i liked the artwork alot

kola-89-0-j.jpg

THis but a better pic thanks in advance

jett

D-Member
Soundtrack of the year!

Pretty cool that Hibino and Williams collaborated on several songs, HGW even composed some in-game music, unlike MGS2. Just awesome stuff, hopefully the next Metal Gear will see an equally great collaboration between the two.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LAMBO said:
Anyone have the black and white cover that had a girl in a jumpsuit slightly opened. Bigger pic the better, i liked the artwork alot

kola-89-0-j.jpg

THis but a better pic thanks in advance

I want a bigger pic too. There's also a poster with the above artwork being sold on Ebay, but it's like$20 with shipping :/

And I notice that Williams did a couple gameplay tracks too, interesting. Well at least the sidecar music tracks, but those were used in cinematics too so I guess it's still considered 'real time demo' music

Top Bottom