• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy. Mother. Of. God. Amazing thread Bruce, simply amazing.

Seeing how much effort has gone into this, I feel like crap for not having my MGS4 theme ready for this glorious day. Real life work hasn't been kind to me past few weeks though. Still, it's never too late, I'll see if I can do it.

Darkpen said:
assuming we keep our characters, I hope so. Stuff like your emblem data is based on character account, so I assume that if we get to keep our characters, that we can keep our emblems too.

When the game comes out, I seriously think we need to reorganize the clans (if the clans are still the same), because there were a lot of people in the original GAF clan that played for something like an hour or two for the entire duration of the beta.

After I've played through MGS4, around say, 5 times, MGO is all I will play for quite a while. Probably until LBP- if it turns out as good as it looks.

NeoUltima

BlockBastard said:
Holy shit, sincerest apologies. Hope it wasn't that much of a shocker to you.

Deleted the post, but I doubt that's gonna make you feel better.
Not a big deal really, don't worry about it :). Figured it(the spoiler) as much anyway.

Dartastic

Holy fuck at this thread. Great job. MGS4 IN TWO WEEKS! WOOOOO! :D

g35twinturbo said:
ya know, in all honesty. I don't see what people are talking about NG2 thread being remotely close to this one. It's nice but there's just something about how thsi is done that makes it awesome.

It's the Shane reference. *rolleyes.gif*

Edit - What the crap. All the avatars I'd want have already been taken. =(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I think the funniest part is that I'm visiting official MGS4 threads in other forums and they've all mentioned this thread :lol

I'm going to be in Tokyo on the day of MGS4 launch, how awesome is that?

zoukka

Great job dude!

And I'm actually getting me a PS3 before launch. I thought it would be impossible but what the hell... it's not like I haven't lived with just boiled macaroni before :lol

I'm posting this because Naomi is absolutety wonderful.

926596_20060509_screen016.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Damn, can't even absorb all the info in one sitting. I was expecting greatness, but this is ridiculous. :lol

Epic series, epic game, epic thread.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, lots of kudos on the amazing thread. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all on the 12th if I manage to snag one of the bundles. I'm replaying the series now and have had my love for it completely renewed.

hirokazu

Ganondorfo said:
This will be the best metal gear ever and the best PS3 game untill final fantasy 13 and resident evil 5.
I don't think MGS4 will be topped by either game, unless you're viewing it from a typical Japanese gamer or JRPG nut's perspective.

We shall see, but at the moment, MGS4 seems like the game to own on PS3, and will be for a while. (forever?)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When you finally complete Snake’s heroic tale, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s coming, because when it’s all over (assuming you don’t play it through three to four more times) you’ll be able to sleep soundly knowing that you just played one of the greatest games of all time.

Wow :O More than just this review has said that too...

Sup guys glad you liked the thread.

Thanks for pointing out the inaccuracies Ill be updating it again tomorrow when I keep feel my hands again.

Marconelly said:
Holy. Mother. Of. God. Amazing thread Bruce, simply amazing.

Seeing how much effort has gone into this, I feel like crap for not having my MGS4 theme ready for this glorious day. Real life work hasn't been kind to me past few weeks though. Still, it's never too late, I'll see if I can do it.

Hey man its never too late for a Marconelly theme I was seriously sporting that uncharted one you made till m0dus sent me his new one. Which m0dus I know I have already told you but absolutely excellent job on the theme man.

AAK said:
How long did that take you BruceLeeRoy?

A long long time.

I will be updating the thread quite a bit starting next week.(taking a bit of a break) So dont worry about Review's being updated and such I will make sure that all gets taken care of.

I will try to get some more wallpapers and such up as well and I am sure your all aware that Chef is going to be cranking out avatars so hopefully the wait wont be so painful.

Bigmac573 said:

What is most impressive about Metal Gear Solid 4 is not its sublime visuals, sound character development or near-perfect gunplay, but the sheer amount of love to which Kojima has poured into the game. Every last detail, from Snake’s Solid-Eye system to the homage paid to the series’ past is executed masterfully. There were points during my playthrough in which I intentionally looked for imperfections, but to my surprise, there are no glaring issues to speak of. It’s evident that the painstaking labor put in by the team at Kojima Productions has paid dividends, because Metal Gear Solid 4 will go down as one of the greatest adventures ever told within the video-game medium. When you finally complete Snake’s heroic tale, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s coming, because when it’s all over (assuming you don’t play it through three to four more times) you’ll be able to sleep soundly knowing that you just played one of the greatest games of all time.

:D

WickedLaharl said:
you're doubting the greatness that will be mechashiva? better check yourself.
Sorry, but MGS4's story is the end of an epic series. FF13 is just going to another FF, I'm not saying it's not going to be good or bad all I'm saying is that the impact that MGS4 will leave on gamers will be more powerful than FF13s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom